It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Declare: " Life may be universal"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

tanka418
I've been saying for a while: Life, like planets, is ubiquitous!

Looks like science agrees

What a beautiful word! I've also thought for a while that life is ubiquitous.

Humans tend to see themselves as unique, and central to everything else. Like we were the center of the universe and everything in it revolved around us... How absurd is that?! That says a lot about the nature of our ego and how it perceives reality.

Maybe life isn't even the highest "level" or "form" of existence... Maybe we only think that because we have it. For all we know, life could be like rocks compared to higher levels of existence.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Just remember: even if every flickering star were surrounded by planets swarming with life, it still does not mean that the flashing light in the west is a starship, not the planet Venus.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

DJW001

Just remember: even if every flickering star were surrounded by planets swarming with life, it still does not mean that the flashing light in the west is a starship, not the planet Venus.

Ahhhhh.....

The planet Venus does not "flash"...not sayin that the flashing light IS a starship, but, it ain't Venus either.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

tanka418

DJW001

Ahhhhh.....

The planet Venus does not "flash"...not sayin that the flashing light IS a starship, but, it ain't Venus either.

You need to get outside and spot planets near the horizon, especially if they are setting above rooftops.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I live in the rural Texas; I see planets all the time...they never "flash".

Oh..by the way; since planets and life are ubiquitous; that increases the probability that the "flashing light" is an actual starship dramatically.

just sayin'

edit on 24-1-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

tanka418
reply to post by DJW001

I live in the rural Texas; I see planets all the time...they never "flash".

Oh..by the way; since planets and life are ubiquitous; that increases the probability that the "flashing light" is an actual starship dramatically.

just sayin'

edit on 24-1-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

The probability remains unaffected by what scientists here on Earth believe. Also, I suggest that you go out on a cold night and observe a bright planet positioned above a heat source, such as a roof.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

that is ridiculous. you don't get planets above a roof cos th gravity would tear the house to pieces.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

DJW001
The probability remains unaffected by what scientists here on Earth believe. Also, I suggest that you go out on a cold night and observe a bright planet positioned above a heat source, such as a roof.

While I don't deal with what any one believes, I do pay great attention to "why" they believe. Sound scientific data is ... priceless. Y'all should try it some time.

Ya know, I have two Wolfdogs, and I walk them every night. Typically around Sun set to shortly after, and then again rather late. And while the nearest house is a football field away, I have never seen a planet "flash" not even due to IR interference.

And, even IF I did, I would still weigh the probabilities against a "starship". Which, by the way, I've actually seen once. A few years ago I saw a "star" (light in sky). Didn't move for the entire walk, about 20 min or so. When I went in I asked my compter via Stetllarum...no star. I went back out to verify the position, and sure enough there it was in a place it couldn't be, and be either a star or planet (or satellite)

Point is; I've looked at the sky for a very long time and planets do not flash. If you are observing a phenomenon like that; then I will submit it is a local atmospheric effect.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Point is; I've looked at the sky for a very long time and planets do not flash. If you are observing a phenomenon like that; then I will submit it is a local atmospheric effect.

Yes, exactly. The turbulence caused by hot air rising into much colder air is a local atmospheric effect. If the turbulence is strong enough, even the Sun or Moon can appear to shimmer or swim.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by tanka418

Yes, exactly. The turbulence caused by hot air rising into much colder air is a local atmospheric effect. If the turbulence is strong enough, even the Sun or Moon can appear to shimmer or swim.

While I am quite familiar with the phenomenon you are talking about; I've never see it with that intensity, not even in Texas! And, usually the greatest intensity in during the hottest parts of the day, and by "day" I do not mean early evening when planets may be visible. Typically by that time there has been sufficient surface cooling to keep that effect at a minimum.

Just sayin...from decades of observation.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

stirling
The Life Bringers, are just another layer in the infinite progression from microcosm to macrocosm......
Strange that Science seems to be discovering what would be obvious to most...........
edit on 23-1-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Exactly! the people who cannot see this I am just unable to fathom! The planets and space where life takes place will dictate the form it talks. I believe there is life forms everywhere including space and the sun, it simply develops from what is available there and to withstand and live in those circumstances.

As the article says we simply probably do not recognize it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join