It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How am I going to vote now I know the voting is rigged?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The question is simple, but the consequences probably not...

Most on ATS know that the two party system of the US government is in reality an one party system. Even many of the republican/ democrat staff isn't aware that it is that way..but,.....for the sake of argument let us assume that it is that way...

So, now you know...what are you...maybe I rather say..how are you as a private citizen going to vote?

I'm curious what you will do, can you elaborate on your decision?

edit on 23/1/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I don't ever want to vote again. And I don't want to hear "if you don't vote, you don't have a voice"... Oh really. Well here I am..and here's my VOICE!!!!!!!

I tried to get people to not vote in 2012... I didn't shout loud enough though.. I just simply and quietly said... It won't matter who we vote for because the electoral college will pick who they want anyway...

It's all a grand puppet show to control the masses...imho

Have a two party system... Divide and conquer. It seems they are doing a great job at keeping so many of us divided. When we truly ...oh so truly should be UNITED!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I haven't voted since I was 18 and I only voted then because I thought it would be funny to see Hillary try and meet with Middle Eastern leaders.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Yeah I hate when people say that.

I just always explain to them that what they are saying is the equivalent of a man taking a woman captive, abusing and raping her everyday against her will, then telling her she doesn't have the right to scream out because she refused to choose either the red or blue condom.

It's just regurgitated nonsense by stoopid people.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Are you referring to the Presidential election? Or Congress? I am one of those people who say if you don't vote don't complain. You can vote any of several 3rd parties or do a write-in for your choice. I would go to the voting booth just for my local elections alone. Governor, school board, etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I do not think it would matter whether the voting was rigged or not. Simply put, it makes not a damn bit of difference which of the two parties gets in, because the wider agenda is identical for both, despite their stated differences of opinion. That is the reality, even here in Britain, where there are more than two parties vying for votes and prestige.

Like the UK government, the US government and electoral system needs purging. All its current participants should be expunged from it, and banned from becoming involved in any political activity for the rest of their lives, and charged with treason should any of them attempt to circumvent that in the future.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Wow, that is an offensive and totally ridiculous analogy.

It's more like this: you can vote for lunch to be spaghetti, cheeseburger, or write in your choice. You don't vote and then whine and complain about whatever was selected. You wanted pizza. But you either didn't want to take the time to write-in pizza or didn't have the courage. The irony is a thousand other people wanted pizza too and if you all would have wrote it in it would have won.

Enjoy your spaghetti.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

jjkenobi
Are you referring to the Presidential election? Or Congress? I am one of those people who say if you don't vote don't complain. You can vote any of several 3rd parties or do a write-in for your choice. I would go to the voting booth just for my local elections alone. Governor, school board, etc.

Presidents get voted in by the electoral college and congress is ran by special interest groups.
If your vote isn't heard anyway, what is the point? Are you ok with the popular vote meaning nothing?
That is what needs to be complained about, not people not wanted to vote in a broken process

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

It's only rigged if you vote for the 3rd party candidate.

If you vote for Obama, Hillary, Christie. . . it'll be counted!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I would vote for an independent. some one from neither party. If I couldn't do that I will not vote. Its as simple as that, lets all hope Ventura really does run for President!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Lace all those foodstuffs with arsenic and your analogy might work.

Otherwise, no.

Just. No.

Also: Lace em' all with arsenic then inform people their only choices are to either eat the food or not eat anything. They do not have the choice to throw the food out altogether, or to go home and cook their own food in place of it. Their only choice is to either eat poisoned food, or eat nothing at all. Even if they choose not to choose which poisoned food is on the menu, they will eventually be forced to eat it, as there is no option for any other choices.
edit on 23-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

natalia
reply to post by zatara

I don't ever want to vote again. And I don't want to hear "if you don't vote, you don't have a voice"... Oh really. Well here I am..and here's my VOICE!!!!!!!

I tried to get people to not vote in 2012... I didn't shout loud enough though.. I just simply and quietly said... It won't matter who we vote for because the electoral college will pick who they want anyway...

It's all a grand puppet show to control the masses...imho

Have a two party system... Divide and conquer. It seems they are doing a great job at keeping so many of us divided. When we truly ...oh so truly should be UNITED!!

If you do not vote, you are making a vote not to vote=to vote?

I heared somebody say that once and I think logicly he is right. Your decision not to vote will be taken into the big equation and will be part of the outcome.

But you are right, what does it matter if the outcome is set. You have the right to vote but your hands are tight.

Maybe is using your voice a way to an honest draw. And address it to who again..?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. Next time, go all out and write in Lucifer on the ballot.

Jarod Kintz

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just submit an empty ballot.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I always vote the incumbents out of office. They shouldn't be allowed to create a life long career in politics or be given more than two terms. If there's an independent running, I'll vote for them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yes, I still vote although I've had it proven to me on a local level that the process is tainted. But I know the people I'm voting for on a local level and to me, they are the most important votes I cast.
What to do? Go out and talk to people, people you know are honest, upright citizens. Talk to them about running for office. We must begin the reformation efforts on a local level. In our area we've had 3 local leaders who have abandoned the major parties in the past year and become independents. That's progress as far as I'm concerned.
What else can we do? Run for office. It will be the most enlightening thing you can do, spend time actually talking with people in the community about the problems we're facing and getting ideas for solutions. Third party candidates can talk about all sorts of problems that the Demopublicans won't touch with ten foot poles. You might win---you might not---but in bringing up issues that the Others won't speak of, you get people talking.
Here's an example---I ran on a third party ticket for statewide office. We didn't win but we got the most votes any third party slate had ever gotten in the Commonwealth. One of the issues I raised was abolition of the office for which I was running, Lt. Governor. We pointed out that the only statutory duty of that office is "To wait upon the death of the Governor" and for that the Lt. Governor got a salary of nearly $100k (this was in '99), a stately home with full staff, a stately office with full staff, car and driver, etc.... We didn't win but within 2 years, the legislature had taken a look at the Lt. Governor's office and cut back substantially on the perks, including taking away the stately home. Unfortunately, the office didn't get abolished and the efforts at reform died down when the two parties got firm controls on the two legislative bodies in the state.
Yes, the reformation back to honest government will take time and a LOT of hard work but unless you're willing to give the effort, nothing will change. I think of the movement for women's suffrage that my great-grandmother worked for back in the 19th and early 29th century. Their efforts began just after the War of Northern Aggression and continued for decades. I'm quite sure there were times that she and her sisters in the cause must have been discouraged but they didn't give up and neither should we.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

jjkenobi

Voting gives the election process legitimacy.
Get money out of politics and 1 man 1 vote and then you would be correct

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Voter apathy is far more dangerous than the rare occasions when voter fraud occurs. To be honest it seems to me people always seem to have an excuse for not voting, but in most cases the truth in my opinion, is they just don't get around to it. It's just to much bother to vote.

Sadly those are the same people it seems who often yell the loudest.

Then you have those who vote as an illiterate, knowing nothing about the candidates and voting based on which Party their parents belonged to, skin color, religion or if the candidate is cute.

I don't think the proven voter fraud cases are egregious enough to change a national election, although local ones are likely often impacted. The problem is not that as much as people being married to two Parties.

Yes, I will continue to vote as I feel like I'd have no right to complain if I do not and the elections are not as rigged as alarmists would have us believe.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Blaine91555
Voter apathy is far more dangerous than the rare occasions when voter fraud occurs. To be honest it seems to me people always seem to have an excuse for not voting, but in most cases the truth in my opinion, is they just don't get around to it. It's just to much bother to vote.

Sadly those are the same people it seems who often yell the loudest.

Then you have those who vote as an illiterate, knowing nothing about the candidates and voting based on which Party their parents belonged to, skin color, religion or if the candidate is cute.

I don't think the proven voter fraud cases are egregious enough to change a national election, although local ones are likely often impacted. The problem is not that as much as people being married to two Parties.

Yes, I will continue to vote as I feel like I'd have no right to complain if I do not and the elections are not as rigged as alarmists would have us believe.

I agree with this poster. The problem with not voting is you are giving your vote/power to someone else. In a hockey game if you never shoot at the goal you are guaranteed to never score. However, if you try to score you may score. Instead of opting not to vote you should encouraging as many as possible like minded people to vote. Since voter turn out is so low, it is possible with a strong grass roots movement to make a change.

By sitting on your hands and not voting you are part of the problem not the solution. Whining will get you no where. Taking your destiny into your own hands will lead to a much more fulfilling life. While luck plays a part in success, the drive to try succeed plays a more important part. Successful people fail a lot but they spend little time whine and more time trying to succeed.

Don't be a loser. Vote and encourage as many people as possible to vote. This is the system/game we have and you can't win if you don't play, champ!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I will never vote in a presidential election until they get rid of the electoral college.
Vote if you live in a swing state, i live in CA, the blue gets those electoral points almost immediately
Where is my voice?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join