It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe to run for Governor?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

WRONG !!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis once said that the States are the laboratories for democracy.

If the states are the laboratories for Democracy, then Arizona must be a meth lab.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Rezlooper

AngryCymraeg

madmac5150
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Spoken like a true Obama kool-aid drinker... Arpaio has something the idiots in DC haven't figured out yet. Common sense.

He's a Birther. No common sense there at all. Man's a cretin and loves to jump on any bandwagon he can see.

Common sense is denied by anyone who actually thinks Obama is really an American! Funny how he has no living relatives from the United States, no child hood friends and not to mention our inability to see any of his records (medical, educational, etc.). LOL, yeah, he's an American, all right! And I've got a piece of beach front property to sell you in Kansas.

Ooooh boy. You do know that he was part raised in Indonesia, right? No living family from the US? Um, what about his great uncle Charles Thomas Payne? As for his medical, educational records - yeah, they're sealed. And if you are American then so are yours. So - yes. American. Born in Hawaii, American mother = American. What, did you think he was a Communist sooper seekrit muslim plant?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

It makes perfect sense that Arpaio's critics are from outside of his county. Most of Hitler's critics were from outside of Germany- it doesn't mean he was good for Germany or by any means unopposed within Germany.
1. There are more people outside Arizona than inside it. By a lot.
2. The upper class in Maricopa County benefit or at least derive a false sense of security from the oppression of the poor. Outsiders how no motive to support the oppression of poor people in Maricopa County.
3. It's much safer to oppose Sheriff Arpaio from outside of Maricopa County. If I lived there I'd either have to preemptively defend myself against those fascists or get the hell out, whichever seemed most ethical given the particular situation.
4. A significant portion of the population of Arizona went there specifically because they distrust and dislike other people and wanted to go somewhere where they could get far away from them and shoot them if they tried to come closer. So you're bound to have a few happy Nazis in the electorate.

reply to post by freakjive

You support Joe Arpaio because you want felons in work camps? Wouldn't that make a lot more sense if Sheriff Joe Arpaio were responsible for any felons? Afterall, it's a Sheriff's jail- 99.9% of everyone there is either innocent until proven guilty (and some of them will never even be tried- they will just be released without ever being charged with a crime), or has only been proven guilty of a misdemeanor. Felons go to a state or federal prison, not to the county lockup.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Rezlooper
and not to mention our inability to see any of his records (medical, educational, etc.).

funny, we cannot see those same records for you, so that must mean you are not a American either!

Oh look, the same records are unavailable for every previous President.... they are not American's either.

Oh dear, look at this, your neighbours, their neighbours, their friends neighbours etc etc. records are all hidden the same as Obama's, so they are not American's...

Oh bugger - Joe's records are also sealed exactly the same as Obama's - so according to you he is not a American....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Attention white Arizonians: Wear a lot of suntan oil or else you might get deported to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Rezlooper

AngryCymraeg

madmac5150

Spoken like a true Obama kool-aid drinker... Arpaio has something the idiots in DC haven't figured out yet. Common sense.

He's a Birther. No common sense there at all. Man's a cretin and loves to jump on any bandwagon he can see.

Common sense is denied by anyone who actually thinks Obama is really an American! Funny how he has no living relatives from the United States, no child hood friends and not to mention our inability to see any of his records (medical, educational, etc.). LOL, yeah, he's an American, all right! And I've got a piece of beach front property to sell you in Kansas.

Oh dear...two words. Ted Cruz. We are going to be hearing this natural born citizen debate until the SC intervenes or the Constitution is clarified like ghee.
Are you Sheriff Joe? Just curious...

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by Rezlooper

So if he wasn't born in America where was he born? Where is the evidence that he was born outside America? I eagerly await your posting of the same birther tripe that was debunked years ago.

How was it debunked...because they showed some rigged up birth certificate online?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Rezlooper

AngryCymraeg

madmac5150

Ooooh boy. You do know that he was part raised in Indonesia, right? No living family from the US? Um, what about his great uncle Charles Thomas Payne? As for his medical, educational records - yeah, they're sealed. And if you are American then so are yours. So - yes. American. Born in Hawaii, American mother = American. What, did you think he was a Communist sooper seekrit muslim plant?

Actually, Yes...

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So is there any counterpoints to the anti-joe articles (the ones sourced in the wiki on him)? Because it appears he has a lot of skeletons in his closet to the point where said closet can't even be closed, which makes the people supporting him look really stupid, or downright evil, depending on your point-of-view.
edit on 25-1-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Rezlooper
How was it debunked...

In court, where Obama was shown to be a natural born US citizen...

Also the fact that every single birther court case has been lost, over 200 of them. Remember some have been lost to a empty chair....

on one side you have the birthers with their lies and nonsense, on the other side you have Obama's lawyer, Mr M. T. Chair, and the birthers still lost as all they have is lies!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I live in Mesa Arizona and last year I was arrested for allegedly criminal speeding. I was on my Yamaha FZ600 going eastbound on the 202 north. Now I will admit I was speeding but I was not going 80+ like the Sheriff said I was I would say 72-75Mph. He did not pace me he did not get me with a radar gun he just saw a motorcycle and assumed i was going way over the speed limit. He hits the lights and sirens and i turn on my hazards and signal that i am going to pull over to the officer but there was no good place to pull over so im moving slow now maybe 45-50 mph pulling over and he gets on his loud speaker and starts screaming at me PULL OVER PULL OVER NOW AHOLE THIS IS FELONY FLEEING!!! and im thinking to myself im pulling over goinbg 45mph I have my hazards on if i was fleeing my bike can do 165mph easily is this guy on crack or just a jerk. I finally stop and he screaches his tires pulling over trying to cut me off so I cant "flee" and before I can say a word he gets out of the car hand on his gun and suplexes me off my bike causing me to drop my bike (i was really pissed now) So i start giving him attitude i figured it didnt matter at this point hes already hell bent on arresting me with zero evidence just his assumption. now here is were the plot thickens.

He takes me down to Shefiff Joes palace AKA the Matrix were i am treated worse than a criminal keep in mind i havent seen a judge or been convicted of anything. Im getting processed in and being treated like scum. first was there medical exam were all they did was try and get me to admit to doing drugs in the last 48 hours telling me that if i did do any drugs they would feed me and "help" me I told them to shove it. They didnt like that. Next they threw me in a holding cell meant to fit about 20 people they crammed about 45 of us in there. It was smelly dirty and people were crammed shoulder to shoulder. Guards kept coming in and asking if anybody had done drugs and if they did they would be rewarded with snacks and junk food come dinner time I kept my mouth shut. Finally they call my name and finger prit me and move me from one holding cell to another packed shoulder to shoulder again (and there were completely empty cells next to mine. Now normally there is a Judge that sees people every hour to determine of there going to be released on threre OR or if they will stay in jail to post bail or wait for trial. I was arrested at 945am and got to the matrix at 1130am. I didnt end up seeing a judge untill 10pm that night and he released me on my OR. As I left the court room I looked at the clock it was 1025pm I was brought to the release tank and before they let us in they said they were going to clean it. An unsentenced inmate came in with a dirty nasty bucket of water and dumped it on the floor whiped down the concrete benches with the dirty water and then left with about an inch of black nasty smelling water on the floor. The guards laughed and smiled and joked with each other about the conditions we were now soaking in. There was no laying down in there the benches are solid concrete with metal bars every foot and a half. One man in my cell starting have complications with his diabetes and his leg started swelling up the size of a pillow it was gross and they wouldnt listen to him when he said he needs to go to his doctor. They said to him "either you see our doctor and stay in jail another day or you shut up and wait to be released your a criminal and your on our time." Never have I felt so disrespected and full of rage I wouldnt send my worst enemy to the matrix exept maybe old Joe himself. i was finally released at 10am the following morning. 24 hours in jail no sleep and what I would consider mental tourture for speeding.

Two months later I went to court were the PA scratched the case due to lack of evidence fancy that. Then a month later they reinstated the charges and i went to trial payed my lawer fees and the officer didnt show up to the trial so the charges were dissmissed. Gotta love the MCSO.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PraetorianGuardAZ

Next time, flee. Sometimes cops crash and die in high speed chases because they think they have some kind of magic police skills that will shield them from recklessness. Makes me laugh every time, especially when it happened in my home town a few years back. I only wish I could have been the guy he was trying to hurt when that pig splatted himself into a semi.

I like to pretend that I don't enjoy being mean, but this one is just Darwinism and I make no apology- if you'd risk your life just to use a stop sign as an excuse for an illegal search, then you aren't carrying any genes our species needs.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

The only prob with fleeing is that if the copsucker wrecks/dies in his cage,they would most likely would charge you with murder..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greydaze

They did charge the subject with murder in the second degree. Incident was in 2011, arrangement in 2012, last news was a 2 years anniversary article saying a trial readiness hearing was finally scheduled, still no result. The subject was on parole so I would imagine he has been in custody and subject to off the books justice for almost three years now without being given a chance to defend himself in court. Oh well cause the guy was a dyed in the wool criminal, no doubt. I just can't believe the police are so committed to this action movie BS- the subject crashed on the same curve the cop did- all he had to do was accept the fact that a Ford Mustang is nothing to risk your life for and he would have won the chase anyway and lived to enjoy it. Maybe that's why he was on his third department in three years when he died.

But of course if one were not a parolee he could not be kept in custody and denied a speedy trial, so as long as you could afford justice (think high six to low seven figures) go for it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join