It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe to run for Governor?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Arizona's controversial Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced this week he added $3.5 million to his campaign coffers last year – a personal best – as he hints he's again considering a run for governor.

Having lived in Maricopa County in the mid 1990s, I think this is really good news. If you think Brewer liked to give the President heartburn, imagine what a Governor Arpaio would do to Obama... ulcers. Lots of them.

"Every four years, my supporters encourage me to run for governor," Arpaio said in a written statement. "Based on these fundraising numbers and knowing I could be competitive, I will have to give it serious consideration." Following that statement, conflicting reports emerged over his actual interest in running for governor. Should he decide to, the filing deadline is the end of May.

Things could get interesting in Arizona...

Sou rce
edit on 23-1-2014 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

And just think what that racist, brainless, idiot would do to Arizona if he runs. The man's a fool and he wouldn't stand a chance. Let him try, it might let some of the hot air out of his massive swollen head when he gets beaten like a drum!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Spoken like a true Obama kool-aid drinker... Arpaio has something the idiots in DC haven't figured out yet. Common sense.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

madmac5150

Spoken like a true Obama kool-aid drinker... Arpaio has something the idiots in DC haven't figured out yet. Common sense.

He's a Birther. No common sense there at all. Man's a cretin and loves to jump on any bandwagon he can see.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've lived in Arizona for close to 20 years now, and I honestly think he would have a real chance to be elected. I really don't think he would be a good Governor , but I think he has a shot if he decides to run. I also think that there would be a huge influx of out of state money going against him, which would probably be helpful to him actually. There is a good portion of people here in Arizona who don't like outsiders meddling in our affairs.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think he could be a capable governor. One thing you could almost guarantee would be full transparency... from my time living there I got a good sense that he really hides nothing. He says what he intends to do, and does it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

madmac5150

Nazi Joe is a racist that thinks he should have the ability to violate the Constitution and deny citizens their rights whenever he likes. And if you think he is such a great guy maybe you should do a little checking into his background like how he helped to set up drug routes when he was head of the DEA in Arizona.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

madmac5150
I think he could be a capable governor. One thing you could almost guarantee would be full transparency... from my time living there I got a good sense that he really hides nothing. He says what he intends to do, and does it.

Full transparency from Nazi Joe? Yeah right when he tried to coverup how his thugs I mean deputies beat and tortured prisoners and you think he will tell everything.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm not calling him teflon Joe or anything but he sure has escaped a lot of scrutiny in his time in office from his constituents.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I never understood why they labeled him as a racist... oh wait, the Feds have been trying to paint him as a racist for years. Why? Because of all of the undocumented democrats that he sent back to Mexico. As far as Constitutional rights, if you aren't a citizen and you aren't here legally then that document does not apply. Furthermore... what the MSM and TPTB (whom you seem to support wholeheartedly) call "racial profiling" is actually just good sense. If someone is in Arizona illegally there is about a 99% chance that he/she will be Hispanic. Men like Arpaio uphold the law... men like our President skirt the law...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

i doubt Joe is a racist. Many of his supporters are, but he was sheriff for a long time before the whole illegal alien thing started happening. He and his advisors deemed it politically wise to jump on the bandwagon. He is a politician.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Your talking about the guy that makes people sleep in tents in a jail setting? Wear pink clothes and eat a sandwich or something? ya these people were going to court In a video I seen.. Which means these people were not convicted of a crime which means that is was in violation of their rights as people..

So ya.. have fun with him...

And a little fact checking brings us..

www.cnn.com...

In January, the county settled a wrongful-death suit filed by the family of Scott Norberg for $8.5 million. He died, reportedly of asphyxiation, as he struggled with prison guards in 1996.

In April, a jury awarded $1.5 million to an inmate denied medical treatment for a perforated ulcer. Tim Griffin, arrested for driving with a suspended license, required several surgeries for the perforated ulcer.

Another former inmate suing Arpaio, Richard Post, a paraplegic, claims guards treated him brutally and caused spinal cord damage.

Arpaio, who has also settled a civil suit with the U.S. Department of Justice over jail conditions, brushes off charges of brutality.

Interesting.. Interesting indeed this guy..

edit on 1/23/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Arpaio is not only a fascist nutjob, he is a money laundering criminal. If he does become governor it will be less than 6 months before we find out that the justice department has him dead to rights for election law violations and a handful of other things. He'll say Obama is out to get him, that's what we'll talk about for most of the year, then he'll die of old age before the dust settles and republicans will swear to god that Obama murdered him.

But really, even considering the makeup of the Arizona electorate, I don't think the fat desiccated corpse of a corrupt antisocial cowboy is all that electable.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lived in Arizona over 2 decades. Have respect for Sheriff Joe and I like his attitude. Apparently a lot of the Arizona citizens like him enough to keep voting him into office. Look at how many times the "outside" tried to ruin him and failed. He comes across hard but fair. He is definitely not a "bleeding heart liberal". Need more elected officials just like him.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

searching411

Lived in Arizona over 2 decades. Have respect for Sheriff Joe and I like his attitude. Apparently a lot of the Arizona citizens like him enough to keep voting him into office. Look at how many times the "outside" tried to ruin him and failed. He comes across hard but fair. He is definitely not a "bleeding heart liberal". Need more elected officials just like him.

As a sheriff, the man has been amazingly effective... which is why the liberals despise him. Got a problem with the tent city? I lived in a tent city myself; it was called Desert Storm (no, we didn't have the nice ones with A/C); if a tent city is acceptable to military men and women, why not cons? Better yet, don't get arrested in Maricopa County.

The feds are only trying to reign him in because he actually went after all of the illegals... undocumented democrats...

If he has been such a horrible, racist, money laundering criminal (none of which has ever been substantiated, BTW), why does he continue to get elected? Because he gets results.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Arizona is a TEA Party state. Sheriff Joe is just nuts enough and far right enough that he'd probably win.

However, if anyone really, really looked hard at him, I think there would be too many skeletons in his closet to run for Governor.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The Vagabond

Arpaio is not only a fascist nutjob, he is a money laundering criminal. If he does become governor it will be less than 6 months before we find out that the justice department has him dead to rights for election law violations and a handful of other things. He'll say Obama is out to get him, that's what we'll talk about for most of the year, then he'll die of old age before the dust settles and republicans will swear to god that Obama murdered him.

But really, even considering the makeup of the Arizona electorate, I don't think the fat desiccated corpse of a corrupt antisocial cowboy is all that electable.

Spot on.
The guy is a total attention whore.
The only reason why he keeps getting elected is due to the snowbirds who use their trailer address as their voting address.
I'm amazed that he even gets elected considering how much he costs the county in legal fees and damages settled. No amount of bologna sandwiches on white bread will come close to what the county has shelled out because of his ego and arrogance.
edit on 23-1-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There hasn't been a draft for quite some time which means you voluntarily agreed to live in your tent city.
Everything doesn't need to be perfect. But innocent until proven guilty means nothing when you have a tan complexion in Sheriff Joe Land. Keep voting for him and having tax dollars go to his legal defense and payouts due to his negligence and utter disregard for the law. I'm still waiting on his Obama birth certificate revelations! Oh yeah, he only started on that tangent the FIRST time the DOJ was investigating racial profiling and misconduct (which they obviously found...more than once).

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

madmac5150
Got a problem with the tent city? I lived in a tent city myself; it was called Desert Storm (no, we didn't have the nice ones with A/C); if a tent city is acceptable to military men and women, why not cons? Better yet, don't get arrested in Maricopa County.

In this tent city which is the basis of your expertise on Arpaio's version, how many Americans died being interrogated by their own government? Assuming the answer is zero, your experience has nothing to do with what's going on in Maricopa County.

And why did Joe Arpaio's campaign fund pay a $154,000 dollar fine for "unsubstantiated" allegations of election law violation?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I find it amusing that his most vociferous detractors don't even live in Arizona. You can't fully comprehend the problems with illegal immigration in the state of Arizona unless you have lived there. The feds dislike Sheriff Joe because he took it upon himself to start enforcing immigration laws... where the feds have failed miserably. It is all politics, and Obama and his minions will keep going after him... but the man has never once backed down from the feds. Arizona has some of the best sheriffs you will find anywhere (minus Pima County...); Sheriff Mack has stuck it to the feds several times. Arizonan's love personal freedom, and as long as the feds try to mess with the freedoms of those people, people like Sheriff Arpaio and Sheriff Mack will take them to task.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join