It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen Fusion = Suns carbon nitrogen Cycle(my theory)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
my theroy....

Hydrogen burning is the fusion of 4 hydrogen nuclei (protons) into a single helium nucleus (2 protons + 2 neutrons). The fusion process takes place via a series of reactions. Exactly which reactions take place in a given star depends on its mass, and therefore its core temperature and density. In the Sun, this process is called the proton-proton chain. In stars somewhat more massive than the Sun, a different sequence of reactions, called the C-N-O cycle (Carbon-Nitrogen-Oxygen), serves to fuse hydrogen into helium

Possible Sources of Energy
The most efficient chemical reaction is combining two HYDROGEN atoms and one oxygen atom to make a water molecule plus some energy. Such a reaction has a very small ``efficiency'' (something like 1/66000000 of one percent). The efficiency = amount of energy released/(mass� c2), where ``mass'' is the total mass of all of the atoms involved and c is the speed of light. The amount of energy the Sun has stored = the efficiency � (the mass of the fuel source) � c2.

hydrogen can be as powerful as the sun if added proper chemicals..in north korea they are doing some research on this...more bombs this may mean..?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Transmission Deployment]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If this is your theory, why did you copy them from here?
astrosun2.astro.cornell.edu...
www.astronomynotes.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i mean like my theory if it can be a bomb or something lie taht..yeah i got that form those sites
yup..its good info

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The "hot" H2 H3 fusion process is easiest to start here on Earth with the best energy release potential. The issue being the temperature and density of the atoms needed to support the reaction. While we can get the temperatures high enough, the density is the problem. The C-N-O route would require even higher densities if I'm not mistaken. Doubtful the Kim'er can blow the cash to do even basic research in this without starving his country (which he's already doing....).

Check out the Lawson Limit for more info. We are close but have yet to reach the breakeven point of energy in equal to energy out. I think they had a reaction last 12 minutes but it was not breakeven. That's why they want to build the big new reactor that the EU and Japan are fighting over....

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
uh i went to the site you got the picture from and saw the " class schedule" liek what was due when and stuff like the homeworks and ter papers.
is that a college course?

top topics

join