It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw This On The TV Screen At Work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Some times things are just what they are, This is an image of an eye, Maybe IT thought they were CBS, But most likely they just wanted to see how many nut bars they have in the company. Either way seems it got a lot of air time

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xNightwing

My guess is Merck...

It would qualify as one of the biggest...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My first thought was a memory of a job I had when young, doing telemarketing, and the boss was trying all these techniques of subconscious suggestion to increase sales and productivity- like playing tapes over the speaker system that sounded like white noise but had confidence building suggestions underneath for our subconscious.

Perhaps your superiors read a study in which just seeing a image like that on a grand screen in the workplace made people goof off less and work more diligently, feeling more self conscious?

Then I thought of my cousin who works for a very big pharma company, and who lives in constant stress with her collegues trying to make sure she is careful of every word she says and each letter she writes. They are constantly reminded that they are being watched and scrutinized by those who are looking for any excuse they can to bring a lawsuit or scandal down on them. She is responsble for many reps, and a large part of her time is spent reminding them to be careful and aiding them to speak or write in ways that cannot be twisted or misinterpretted to look as if they are doing something they are not supposed to.
Is it possible this is just another way of reminding the employees to be careful..."enemies are watching" ??

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

eelogic
reply to post by xNightwing

It's a creepy icon for sure but it's from a remote desktop program called ultravnc. Let's a tech remote in to repair or change things on the computer.

My first post I am not sure how to show an image. So here is the link.
Ultravnc Icon

Ah that makes sense! Still creepy to use that kind of icon, but the IT here uses remote desktop a lot since our facility is so big

wait wait...so I didnt photoshop the picture??

<< 1  2  3   >>

join