It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Chrome Can Listen To Your Conversations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Or you can just use an IP blocker and carry on as normal.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

kissy princess
Great analogy & Exactly my point! You are awesome.

xox
edit on 23-1-2014 by kissy princess because: formatting error

Not just me, you're awesome too! We're all are!

More people just need to realize that, and that means waking up, evolving, and realizing we don't need these criminal psychopaths spying on and controlling us. The destiny of humanity is freedom and morality and love and compassion, and we can only get there by throwing off the shackles of these oppressive regimes that have stifled our real potential for thousands of years.
edit on 23-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

That's a passive-aggressive solution. These companies need to learn to STOP OPPRESSING HUMANITY, and they won't learn until we crush them where it hurts--their profit margins, stock prices, and bottom line.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
we must destroy them at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After I have a bowl of ice cream.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I’ve tried my best to avoid anything Google for a number of years now. But it’s gotten to be impossible to avoid their prying eyes entirely. They’ve been infiltrating every aspect of the information technology market. I don’t trust them at all.

While everyone’s worried about the NSA collecting phone call metadata, they probably can’t hold a candle to the amount of data Google, and the others, has on us all. And Google seems to get away with it, all the while throwing it right in our face. It really says a lot about our gullibility. We all, myself included, love all the cool stuff our technological advances make possible, and the more it brings us the greater our appetite becomes. It’s to the point now, IMO, that advances are happeining/changing so rapidly that it tends to cloud our judgement and we simply accept it without question. We’re so busy learning how to use the neat new features of whatever the latest and greatest is that we overlook the dark side that may come along with it. And there lies the danger.

Like I said, I love hi-tech and try to be discriminant about what I use and how I use it. In the end, though, I don’t know that will be enough. There’s no stopping the advancements taking place, and it will continue to get more and more sophisticated...

PS: One thing I’m not going to do, though, is get paranoid and try to hide. The simple truth is, you can run, but you can’t hide.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by netbound

The problem is they don't know what to do with that information. Statistics is a good thing, but it averages everything, so you can either look at the trends, which are like the average temperature in a hospital (not too informative), or look at billions of messages one by one, which is also of little use. Maybe somebody wants you to be afraid of the fact that large bulks of data are being collected, but this data is more like a chaotic 'soup' of facts that become obsolete before they find their place in indexes, and trends that change faster than models are updated. In general, I wouldn't consider this useful information at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I guess until I start making plans to take over the world I really don't have much to hide .

the jews probably said the same thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Don't get me wrong. Personally I'm not paranoid about it. Maybe I should be, but I'm not. I just try to use a little sense about the things I do. I surely don't dwell on it.

About the data being collected, it can be used in an endless number of ways. What may seem to be chaotic and loosely connected data can often be organized in useful ways. For instance, I think it was in Ukraine recently, the cell phone gps data that was collected allowed the government to put together a list of individuals who were in the near vicinity at the time of an anti-government protest that took place. The government then used this list to send these people a very ominous and disturbing message indicating they were being kept an eye on. That's a little disturbing.

Anyway, I don't know how this data collecting activity can be stopped. I think it's a sign of the times to come. I guess in the future a private moment will just become a thing of the past...

edit on 1/23/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

netbound
Anyway, I don't know how this data collecting activity can be stopped. I think it's a sign of the times to come. I guess in the future a private moment will just become a thing of the past...

edit on 1/23/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

Only if we LET it happen. If we put our foot down NOW, we can bring this horrible reign of technocracy to a screeching halt.

YOU have control over your future and the choices you make. If you don't want this future to pass, ACT NOW and do everything you can to stop it.

Apathy and fatalism are only shorthand ways of saying "I'm going to roll over and let tyranny win."

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
instead of using the google search bar, which logs yr IP and whatever you happen to be searching for, I must suggest:

www.duckduckgo.com...

I switched, and never looked back. F*ck Google. Yeah, I said it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Xbox One anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Believe me, therealguyfawkes, I've preached and preached about the dangers of out of control technology on this site. I've expressed my feeling that we're rapidly approaching a crossroads where the wrong choices will likely result in the end of humanity. I understand your concerns, and I share them, but probably have less faith in mankind than yourself. I truly hope that we have the wisdom to use the unlimited power that technology will bring us in a positive way. However, the writing on the wall is telling me something else.

Honestly, I hope you're right and I'm wrong...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I hear you and totally appreciate your perspective. And of course, I don't know what's going to happen any more than you.

All I know is that the only surefire 100% guaranteed way to fail at anything is to quit.

So I'll keep getting on the soapbox and preaching, hoping that people wake up before its too late. I have my own opinions on what I think is probable for our future, and where I think the trajectory we're headed upon leads. And perhaps humanity needs to experience the end result of this dark road before they'll awaken... but at the same time, I don't want to ever reach that point wondering what might have happened differently had I tried harder to shake people out of their comatose and somnambulist states.

All I know is that IRL and online, I have managed to awaken at least a few people to the broader perspectives of what's really happening around them. And those people have in turn managed to awaken others. It's ripples spreading across a pond, and who knows if it can change anything for humanity's future.

But at least we've all managed to try and make this world a better place, and in so doing, we've at least managed to change ourselves.

edit on 23-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I use my ipad for ATS 99% of the time so it was weird when on my MacBook tonight (typing a doc) I noticed a green light come on. It was my webcam. This has never been used and I've never seen it come on. If I accidently pressed something it's the first time in 4 years on this computer and I use it all the time for work.

I was actually going to download crome but will reconsider now. I currently use safari as my browser. Could it have anything to do with this....

Hackers are using appliances to get your personal info. If your connected to the net they can get into your personal files.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

I know this thread is about the NSA but I fear far more is going on them these spy's. I'm not worried about being called a terrorist. I'm worried about someone ripping me off or looking at me while I'm at home.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't use Chrome I would suggest trying Waterfox,Firefox and Startpage. Waterfox is a 64 bit version of firefox said to be faster than Goggle Chrome.Also for those that don't like Windows OS try Linux Mint KDE or tails if want to try something thing else.I don't think Goggle is that necessary as Search engine if you know what you want to search for.Still though I guess we all would all have to use Google Earth still if we choose to since there is no equivalent I know of. Have fun Switching browsers.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

kissy princess
reply to post by HomerinNC

C'mon - let's not be intellectually lazy here; it is the principle of the matter. Assume it were 1983, and internet capabilities were just as they are now: If it were discovered that the Soviets were using this technology to spy on their public, you can bet that the outcry from American political institutions would be severe; "This is why we enjoy freedom in America - freedom from government surveillance; something that defines our way of life, and seperates us completely from the ideology and practice of the USSR." After the fall of the Soviet Union, no one seems to care that the United States and her corporations are adopting strategies akin to something we would have expected from the Soviets.
Mass public amnesia and indifference - it must be something in the water.

remember "furby"
spying for the chinese one desk jockey at a time...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Haha! I was totally creeped out by Furby's when I was a teenager! I had similar thoughts as your own; anymore, I think I'd buy one.

Check this out:

edit on 23-1-2014 by kissy princess because: screwed up the youtube thing

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

If I could, I would do what I could to topple the US Govt, and fight for the people.

But the NSA, CIA, FBI know I am not a threat. I'm financially poor, damn near jobless, and have lack of transportation these days.

But, I like to keep them on their toes!

Yes, it's me, and I'm coming for you!

S&F, thanks for the share

edit on 23-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Does anyone remember the South Park episode Ginpokoman or however spelled.

Buy me, buy me! Down with the US Govt. Spoken when string is pulled, lol

I remember teddy rucksbin, and that was scary enough for me, could have had a camera in it?

Damn you mom and dad!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Glad my gut feeling to never use Chrome has paid off. Anyone with an ounce of privacy awareness would have avoided Google Chrome from the moment it was made available. Of course the masses are easily convinced of anything and all it took was a few pundits claiming that Google Chrome is the bees knees of browsing technology. So what if Firefox has slightly less HTML5 support, it has been around a hell of a lot longer and is overall better when you get down to it. Furthermore, how could they ignore a critical bug like this for so damn long... it's bloody obvious that some government agency told them not to remove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join