It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Mine said I would last 40 years and end up like a tribal god or like Kevin Costner in Waterworld, and they're sticking with me. If they only knew my age.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Got 20 years .. all things considered .. not bad though I plan to live to at least 120 to have the satisfaction of pissing on a few politicians graves ..

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

violet

Not just meds. Ciggies, crack, marijuana, alcohol.

I see a market for my skills, Il be the the most valuble person in my area

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
"You're basically piggy from lord of the flies"

I had to look that up! Oh really some snot nosed kid? Damn!

I think I can make it more than 1 month sheesh. I'm resourceful after all is said and done and smart enough to make it more than a month me thinks. IDK when yellowstone blows that will be the end of things for a while.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My quiz said a year

WOW

I may not make it a year here, with no Apocalypse

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I call dibs on your c rats.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Ummm...Some of us actually enjoy life...even if it means hard work...we take some small portion out of our days to marvel at the wonder of it all...and some of us........well let's just say they wouldn't be around to "have your six"...they would have done themselves in the first week...because facebook...or ATS went down................I take it your in the latter group?

Like Vasa Croe, I got 20 years from the.........."test"

Testing...............testing...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

If the main power to controls is knocked out, generators kick in. Once those run out of fuel, then there is a likely hood of a meltdown. Emergency cooling will then kick in, but it will still not be all that helpful. Seeing as these emergency systems are never tested (because if they are they destroy the reactors), and more and more of them are being converted to digital control rooms, we just assume they will work as they have been designed - however, no power to run the systems, then no power to control the reactions/steam output. In an apocalypse situation, nuclear plants will eventually meltdown. No big deal though, it's the apocalypse. If these failures don't get you, something else likely will.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ten years.

I don't want to live for ten years after the apocalypse, I want to be at ground freaking zero.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

10 years here.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

According to that silly survey I would only last one year!

I bet my score began to plumet when I started executing the looters.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Depends what kind of apocalypse we are talking about.

Personally I don't think I'd last long at all. I have no food or water in reserve and no weapons except for a baseball bat and a big kitchen knife.

Some end of the world type scenarios are;

A zombie type virus outbreak.
A nuclear war with a full scale strike by the US, Russia and anyone else who wants to join in.
An big asteroid strike.

The first one would probably be the one which kills the least people but the other 2 could lead to almost 100% fatality. Unless you became a cave dweller and then food would be very hard to come by.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

seabag

I bet my score began to plumet when I started executing the looters.

Yup think thats were alot of you tough die hards are going wrong.

One man with a AR-15 wont last long against a whole band armed with the same.

You can be as manly and as strong as you like but get into a wrong fight and your dead. Even a simple injury could be fatal.

Me I said run, run and avoid. I got 5 years survival in the test.
edit on 24-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
I was (am) a US Marine.
I'll survive right along with all my other Marines...
just fine.

I was (am) a nerd. I'll hide and die slowly along with all my other nerds (playing Rainbow Six on an improvised PS3 made of wood) just fine too.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Your test is broken....

"The results are in! You'd survive for
twenty years

after the apocalypse.

If you go out, it won't be through lack of trying. It'll be bad luck that gets you in the end.

You're basically Mel Gibson in Mad Max."

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by intrepid

Ill just leech someone blood to purify mine, no more diabetes problem

by the other hand ill just gona get a book on how to take insulin from pigs blood

im doom

How are you going to test the other persons blood to make sure its the same as yours? (A,B,O, etc.)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

pikestaff

How are you going to test the other persons blood to make sure its the same as yours? (A,B,O, etc.)

*Cracks his knuckles* My chance to shine as I had to make the kits in one job

Me thinks the survey undersold me. I think Il live a long long long time providing some very valuble medical and er other scientific services

edit on 24-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Dude, I got 20 years!

I store food, have about 25 f and f close by, have a few basic survival skills and won't mess with looters.

Cewl.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not very long. I don't have a hidden stash of supplies and I don't think I'm physically as strong as I could be. I think it would be beneficial if someone had extra supplies somewhere and was overweight but not obese (need the fat in case you run out of food) and so on. They also have ot be physically strong and well toned. I think many of the sedentary people and/or office workers or desk workers would not do very well because their bodies would not be prepared for it. I would think the ambitious adventerous type who do well in life right now would also do well in the apocalypse.

Who does the rescuing when there's a natural disaster? Military and coast guard and some relief organizations. Those're the people who have some experience in disasters. I would think they'd be mentally and probably physically prepared.
edit on 24-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Question 8 of 9
The looters are desperate. It's come down to a fight. You are...

"Throwing Punches"

Got 40 years.

Ok, that didn't sound right LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join