It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That was fun, I am Mel Gibson in mad max. I don't think that I would stay in one place, at least not in the city. I think a willingness to move , and a willingness to show compassion are more important than guns and food- but guns and food are a close second together.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

I got 10 years....and "You're basically Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead"

SCHWEET!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The dirty little secret that survivalists don't talk about ... no one will survive an all out apocalypse.
Nuclear power plants around the world will melt down. The entire planet will be Fukashima.

We plan ahead for a semi-break down of society.
But as far as an all out apocalypse goes ... there will be no survivors.

That isn't true. There will be survivors...however, they may not be something that we even recognize. Life is very hard to extinguish, and thrives in harsh conditions, which is the complete opposite of what we have been taught in school.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For kicks I did the most obvious answers.

I got: 40 years!!!

and

'And you know what? You'd probably end up as some sort of tribal god. We're sticking with you.
You're basically Kevin Costner in Waterworld.'

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The dirty little secret that survivalists don't talk about ... no one will survive an all out apocalypse.
Nuclear power plants around the world will melt down. The entire planet will be Fukashima.

We plan ahead for a semi-break down of society.
But as far as an all out apocalypse goes ... there will be no survivors.

If you think the worst possible apocalypse movie / scenario you ever read about is bad, it will be much, much worse.

Imagine all those damaged chemical refinery plants out there, and if you live in the SouthEastern USA, the CDC containment center without any containment. And yes, nuclear power plants in every corner of the world will meltdown.

Any sort of nuclear war or extended power outage issue would be a major catastrophy, and pretty much everyone would be wiped out in a few days, weeks, or months. NO ONE is going to last YEARS.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

ElohimJD

I would last, as long as it took.

A true apocalypse...

"Apocalypse" of St. John = Revelations in Greek.

The true "Apocalypse" is the coming about of the events recorded in the Book of Revelation by St. John on the isle of Patmos in 91AD.

In the scenario where a true "apocalypse" were to occur. Then several million people will survive all the way through the coming of the Messiah Jesus Christ; and the establishment of the 144,001 member Kingdom of God on Earth (spirit beings, brothers and sister with Christ). They will live on into the millennial reign of the Kingdom of God as subjects. By the time the 2nd trumpet sounds, you will only have to survive until the following Pentecost (less than a year); but to do so would require God's spirit in your life.

I would rely on Almighty God (Petra) to guide me and my family, who are in the Body of Christ/Church of God/Temple of God according to His will. We have only a 3-6 month supply, but that is all we were commanded to set aside for ourselves by God in preparation for what is coming (our "place of safety" is the "rock/Petra" of the Eternal).

Part of the "Apocalypse" sequence includes the 7 thunders of Revelation sounding loudly. The 7th thunder being the Revelation of God to all mankind; this includes His "called out ones" (ecclesia/church). As the events unfold before our eyes, God will be calling all mankind into fellowship with Him and His son and His Church.

Write God's laws/commandments in your heart; until the time comes for your calling. The Apocalypse (WW3/ end of the present age) is NOT the end of the world, only the end of the present age of mankind's self governance under the influence of Satan, and the beginning of the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done.

The "Apocalypse" is the sequence of events in which God saves mankind from the brink of self annihilation. To begin any discussion on this event, one must first address ones faith in God.

God Bless,

Interesting read. I agree to a point.

But.. To come to a reasoning that this thread is only about Biblical Apocalypse and to negate all others is an incorrect deduction. Since you speak of a 'true' apocalypse, that true apocalypse won't care as to what you believe. The apocalyptic writings are in most, if not all, holy and spiritual beliefs.

I hope one just doesn't succumb to a higher power and hope that your belief is the One. I hope one succumbs to their beliefs and chooses to survive.

(In modern terms, apocalypse has a meaning beyond any written scripture.)

I appreciate your response and being truthful.

God Bless.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ray Mears, I ain't...Not sure what got me the 40 - first I ignored the looters, than I ran... Lol
Food in the cupboard and the ability to read a map, perchance?

The results are in! You'd survive for

forty years

after the apocalypse.

And you know what? You'd probably end up as some sort of tribal god. We're sticking with you.

You're basically Kevin Costner in Waterworld.

edit on 23-1-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

AFewGoodWomen
Did it start?
Because looking back on my childhood...(and I am a reluctant 39 yr old) things seemed so much easier then
...easier to make your way in the world
...when one could say things one wanted to without losing their job or financial security
...when gas was just a cheap liquid we put in our cars with our pocket change and drove for a week
...when Robocop's futuristic vision of Detroit was fiction.
...when giant squids were mythological beasts that lived only in our minds
...when headless, gasoline powered robotic-killer dogs didn't exist...nor did anyone want them to...ever.
...when things like Polar Vortex's, Super Typhoons, killer Tsunami's, and Solar flares only existed in Star Trek scripts...
...Arnold Swarzeneggar was only the Terminator...not the Governator, the Sperminator, the Impreganator or our future Presinator(?)...

So...
did it start?

Don't think so. According to the Bible's, "Matthew," Christians will have to be persecuted for being Christian before the apocalypse happens..

Well thats not far off now is it .? Christians are now being labeled as Domestic Terrorist in by Homeland Security the NWO Gestapo

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
20 years....I would have to eat a Christian or two to make it that far though.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

You know? Im a First Responder and a small prepper myself, so I don't have any easy answer.

All I can answer is I'd last as long as my water, food, meds and survival supplies and bullets last. But to what kind of world? And would we even want to survive in it as we crawl on poisoned earth and breathe gaseous fumes?

I believe its human nature and natural to want to survive though!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

Human nature does want to survive, that is a good point. If some of us are spared in the aftereffects of an apocalypse (or any prequel to the Biblical Apocalypse), they would be asking, 'Why me?' For most of them, the will to go on would (hopefully) outweigh any will to not.

Thank you for being a First Responder. Most people neglect to thank their community's First Responder's until they need them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

In the UK you are pretty well contained within population centers aren't you ? I have heard where land ownership is not that great among the Commoners . Would you be able to hunt and fish and grow veggies ?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Nope I would do fine...got a great spot in Yorkshire, plenty of land far enough from the looters etc. Would take me about two days to get to and no body goes there at all (I have tested this).
Who would care who owns it? it is the apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is primarily for that reason that I wish to decommissioni all existing nuclear power plants everywhere. Not even taking the apocalypse into account. Natural disasters around the U.S. alone could potentially create several Fukushima like events which in of itself could cause an apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You might be surprised how many are contemplating the same thing . If you thought of it so can they . The drones would be hunting you and others . The NWO Globalist would want to stomp out the survivalist just like here in the US . In fact they have already marked survivalist as Domestic Terrorist . Before this thing goes down guess who they will come see first . I do believe that our Georgia Guide Stones are like the Stonehenge . This thing has been in the planning stages for a couple of hundred years or more .

Question : Have you any information of Internment camps over there that are ready for occupancy like unto our FEMA Camps ?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That was fun, supposedly I'd survive ten years and I'm like Rick from The Walking Dead. I don't know about that, though. I think my last answer was for sure the correct one. Thanks for sharing this. I hope to never, ever have to survive a zombie apocalypse. Rather watch the movies, so much less stressful.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I heard of Hi Di Hi camps in the UK...dreadful things I had to go to one on holiday once.
Nope we don't have camps like that.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

LightAssassin

I got 10 years....and "You're basically Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead"

SCHWEET!!!!!

Lol very jealous! We cant all be like Rick thoughi guess! Lol.

I got a month.
and it said it would probably be best if the world just didnt end, im basically piggy in lord of the flies, awesome..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Indigent
50 years, im the dog in independence day...

edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

I'm just glad to know my type 1 diabetes wont kill me for 50 more years weeeee
edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

That's funny. I got 10 years. But I gotta ask you, you aren't 60 years or older are you? Haha, they should have asked age and any critical medical issues.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Shana91aus

I got a month.
and it said it would probably be best if the world just didnt end, im basically piggy in lord of the flies, awesome..

Seriously - I laughed at that - but Yikes!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Upon further reflection, I think I'd rather go out quickly then have to "survive" for ten years or longer. Imagine the death and loss and destruction one would have to see and no hot water!! Oh, I think I'd rather not hang around that long and "survive" but here's to hoping none of us ever have to find out "what if."

reply to post by Shana91aus

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join