It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

The results are in! You'd survive for
ten years

after the apocalypse.

That's some excellent wilderness skills. You'll survive like Gloria Gaynor.

You're basically Rick Grimes in the Walking Dead.

With a months worth of food these are my results in the states. I can only assume it would be much better on the farm overseas

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Shouldnt it have started 2000 years ago then, when Christians were being persecuted for being Christian?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen

So then it IS starting?

www.bbc.co.uk...
"Christians in parts of the Middle East are being deliberately targeted by Islamist militants in a campaign of persecution, Prince Charles has said.

The Prince of Wales made his comments after visiting the British branches of churches based in the region.

The prince heard accounts of Christians being murdered and families forced from their homes."

Read a book that stated the United States of America was supposed to be the new Jerusalem. When they start doing that on the 'mother land' then we'll know for certain..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hahaha, good fun.

I got fifty years!

I guess I'm going to be quite lonely!

I'm basically the dog in Independence Day.
edit on 23-1-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

aorAki

Hahaha, good fun.

I got fifty years!

I guess I'm going to be quite lonely!

Nah...there's two other members that got fifty too...one got forty...
find each other.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I take it i'm going to be the shortest lived person off here then.
Maybe i need to spend more time in the survival threads.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen

SLAYER69

AFewGoodWomen
...Arnold Swarzeneggar was only the Terminator...not the Governator, the Sperminator, the Impreganator or our future Presinator(?)...

You left out Conan the Republican...

Nice one.

Not really.

Conan the Shriver-Pseudo Republican.

20 years for me.

I have always loved The Blade Runner so it's a decent match I suppose.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I will survive! I will survive! You just read that in Gloria Gaynor's voice didn't you?

Ok I shopped it......it was only twenty years.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

As a kiwi, it may be difficult getting across the Pacific.

Maybe I'll find other Kiwis and we can send out an expeditionary force as in Huxley's 'Ape and Essence'.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think where I live most peeps would probably last quite a while. Living on a small island in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. We have ways and means of growing food (even though is THE MOST HARSH environment to grow food - wind and salt kills things quickly!) our house is a concrete bunker with 1 ft thick concrete walls.. We live right next to the sea.. We got deer, rabbits, fish, sheep, cows and plenty of seagulls oh and seaweed too..

So long as we did not get peeps coming and invading from other places I think the community here might survive. Not sure for how long though. The old Hebridean peeps have got many a trick up their sleeve. I have been picking their brains about situations such as this..

There is a plant called Silver Weed here that they used the root to grind up and use as flour to make bread. The silver weed grows about everywhere here - apart from the bleak roaring moors...

The only thing that worries me in an apocalypse is a mega tsunami...!!

We are only about 45 metres above sea level here. Which is actually not that high...!

Also I think the best way to survive an apocalypse is in a group. We are stronger in numbers and it would be good to have a range of different skills. Every single person on this planet would have some sort of skill to offer..

It is easy to break one pencil. But try breaking several together..............!

BTW apparently according to that quiz I would survive 50 years... Hahahaa

s/f OP...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It said i would last for forty years. I didnt think i did that well on the quiz. Then it likened me to kevin costner from water world. I love that movie. Can i have my gills now please?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen

I always wondered if just covering yourself with styro-foam would fool FLIR.

Only if while doing so, you walked like a robot.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Woodcarver

It said i would last for forty years. I didnt think i did that well on the quiz. Then it likened me to kevin costner from water world. I love that movie. Can i have my gills now please?

Ever since he did The Postman, I could never take him as a serious actor again.

Grats on the 40.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

AFewGoodWomen

I always wondered if just covering yourself with styro-foam would fool FLIR.

Only if while doing so, you walked like a robot.

2nd.

Well, it would look a lot cooler.
I was planning on doing the robot though...just to be sure it fooled the FLIR.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think I would survive a good while (i hope).
I have a strong group of friends and families (including friends that are hardened campers/hikers and preppers).

I grew up in the country so I can hunt and fish, snatch up crawdads and worms if it came to it. I've collected fungus and eaten it (chicken of the forest - look it up it could save your life).

It really would depend on what kind of apocalypse, but most instances I think I could survive a good while.

Most people would liken our camping trips to surviving an apocalypse. We go out for a week to the middle of nowhere. We have huge parks out here and we will drive several hours into the woods. I mean dirt roads and not passing anyone for an hour BEFORE we hike out to find out place to camp.

We bring food but also try to survive on what we can catch. We have had bears poke around our tents etc.

It all just depends. Want to get read? Hike the Appalachian trail.

BTW i got 40 years on the quiz.. but it was a silly quiz.
edit on 23-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Survive:

Chicken of the woods.

I've eaten it several times. You just toss it in some flower and cook it. Put it in salad or do whatever with it.

Dry Land Fish
edit on 23-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

i was so proud of my forty years then i seen yours! hahaha good job

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

My result was twenty years. Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised by that number. I figured I'd last about two years, but I'm not complaining with twenty lol.

Good fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I got forty years.

"And you know what? You'd probably end up as some sort of tribal god. We're sticking with you.

You're basically Kevin Costner in Waterworld"

I do like the idea of being a tribal goddess though...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ill just say this. Does anyone think about the world, air, environment that would be LEFT afterwards? Why WOULD anyone want to survive? And how long would you think you could until the worlds aftereffects take hold, and it doesn't matter that we've survived?

No one ever addresses that!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join