It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Run. Always avoid trouble.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Did it start?
Because looking back on my childhood...(and I am a reluctant 39 yr old) things seemed so much easier then
...easier to make your way in the world
...when one could say things one wanted to without losing their job or financial security
...when gas was just a cheap liquid we put in our cars with our pocket change and drove for a week
...when Robocop's futuristic vision of Detroit was fiction.
...when giant squids were mythological beasts that lived only in our minds
...when headless, gasoline powered robotic-killer dogs didn't exist...nor did anyone want them to...ever.
...when things like Polar Vortex's, Super Typhoons, killer Tsunami's, and Solar flares only existed in Star Trek scripts...
...Arnold Swarzeneggar was only the Terminator...not the Governator, the Sperminator, the Impreganator or our future Presinator(?)...

So...
did it start?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by ChuckNasty

The meaning of the word is
In religious contexts it is usually a disclosure of something hidden.
So it seems like no problem living through disclosure.

True - but those stories usually begin with death and dismay. How would you do during the prequel to the main event?

(and apocalypse has several definitions - other than a disclosure)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
...Arnold Swarzeneggar was only the Terminator...not the Governator, the Sperminator, the Impreganator or our future Presinator(?)...

You left out Conan the Republican...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Your survival time would depend on so many variables that you never know . One thing is for sure , if the NWO is the reason for the collapse and chaos they will be intent on suppressing the survivalist to be sure . A survivalist could recruit anti establishment members to delay peoples submission to the provisional government . Predator drones would be deployed to locate pockets of people not accounted for living in rural areas . IR detection could easily find you .

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Brilliant.

Sorry for the one-liner.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It says that I will only survive a week...lol...that's pretty bad. I think that when it all boils down to it I would not even want to survive a week. I will be the person who gets hit by the meteor rather than suffer it out with next to nothing for months or even years. I will be walking in heaven watching all the poor sods trying to survive the apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm Rick Grimes.
10 yrs is about all I'd wanna do anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
Did it start?
Because looking back on my childhood...(and I am a reluctant 39 yr old) things seemed so much easier then
...when one could say things one wanted to without losing their job or financial security
...when gas was just a cheap liquid we put in our cars with our pocket change and drove for a week
...when headless, gasoline powered robotic-killer dogs didn't exist...nor did anyone want them to...ever.
...when things like Polar Vortex's, Super Typhoons, killer Tsunami's, and Solar flares only existed in Star Trek scripts...

So...
did it start?

Don't think so. According to the Bible's, "Matthew," Christians will have to be persecuted for being Christian before the apocalypse happens..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
Did it start?

So...
did it start?

Giant squids have probably been around longer than we have. We finally had more than measuring sucker marks on sperm whales as evidence.

You have NEVER been able to speak your mind at your place of employment if it didn't fit into line with the proverbial kool-aid everyone is/was expected to drink.

People in India and China started to buy cars so Big Oil had an excuse to raise prices.

Detroit has always been a hellhole. No cyborg cops yet. Probably see ED-209 First.

Life has been and will always be hard.

Since we first settled in huddled groups around fires I'm sure people have speculated that they were, indeed, living in an end of days scenario and we will until the day it actually happens.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

10 years!

Long enough to become. . . . "The Governor"!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

SLAYER69

AFewGoodWomen

You left out Conan the Republican...

Nice one.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

the owlbear

AFewGoodWomen
Did it start?

So...
did it start?

Giant squids have probably been around longer than we have. We finally had more than measuring sucker marks on sperm whales as evidence.

You have NEVER been able to speak your mind at your place of employment if it didn't fit into line with the proverbial kool-aid everyone is/was expected to drink.

People in India and China started to buy cars so Big Oil had an excuse to raise prices.

Detroit has always been a hellhole. No cyborg cops yet. Probably see ED-209 First.

Life has been and will always be hard.

Since we first settled in huddled groups around fires I'm sure people have speculated that they were, indeed, living in an end of days scenario and we will until the day it actually happens.

It was just supposed to be a toungue-in-cheek post...
not a debate.
But thanks...for...that.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
Even if you could survive, who would want to? If you couldn't even go to the surface or find clean water....Who in their right mind would plot out a survival plan to stay alive?

Wow, some people just love the idea of living in absolute poverty alone....Just as long as you live, right??

"Poverty" is a government construct. It isn't real. Some government bureaucrat decides you don't have enough paper money so you are below a line drawn on a spreadsheet. All "poverty" means is that you can't buy the latest large screen TV, but the government will likely give it to you anyway. And you can CERTAINLY afford cable and have a used car.

If you have food, water, and shelter, you're not really living in poverty. And without anyone else telling you what to do (see above) you will be living in as close to complete freedom as you possibly can. Rather than
I call that Paradise.

I got five years, but I don't really understand why except I always ran away from bad guys.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

40 years!!!!!

Boy, watching McGuyver for all those years sure paid off.

It's nice to know I would be okay if need be.

Thanks for sharing.

Ps: Apparently I'm Kevin Costner in Waterworld.

RR

edit on 23/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling, because I might be a survivor but apparently today my spelling sucks.

edit on 23/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

beezzer

10 years!

Long enough to become. . . . "The Governor"!

Wonders if he invites the rabbit into the fold if it will get him another week or so?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

WOW, I managed to survive 50 years !!!

"""The results are in! You'd survive for fifty years after the apocalypse.

You'll be around until civilisation rebuilds itself. There'll be legends told about your name.

You're basically the dog in Independence Day"""

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So then it IS starting?

www.bbc.co.uk...
"Christians in parts of the Middle East are being deliberately targeted by Islamist militants in a campaign of persecution, Prince Charles has said.

The Prince of Wales made his comments after visiting the British branches of churches based in the region.

The prince heard accounts of Christians being murdered and families forced from their homes."

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

SimonPeter
Your survival time would depend on so many variables that you never know . One thing is for sure , if the NWO is the reason for the collapse and chaos they will be intent on suppressing the survivalist to be sure . A survivalist could recruit anti establishment members to delay peoples submission to the provisional government . Predator drones would be deployed to locate pockets of people not accounted for living in rural areas . IR detection could easily find you .

It is easier than you think. IR detection is easily fooled.

Like that high tech IR fooling tank I read a while back (cannot find the link for some reason) that had these 'brick' looking thingies along it's skin. Supposedly the bricks were highly classified.. They were nothing more than squares that used a thermoelectric effect to blend into the ambient temperature. Easy to make and easy to regulate.

You could hide any underground structure with an array of these devices. Have them regulated for ambient temperature. Any hot or cold spots beneath it would just disappear.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I always wondered if just covering yourself with styro-foam would fool FLIR.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join