It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Avoid and run - still got 40 years - it must have been that I said Yes, if I have to I would run a freakiin' marathon...

SLAYER69
reply to post by crazyewok

Question 8 of 9
The looters are desperate. It's come down to a fight. You are...

"Throwing Punches"

Got 40 years.

Ok, that didn't sound right LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

WilsonWilson
I have asked this question, and been told that the nuclear power plants are designed to shut down.

Yes and no. Most modern nuke plants are designed with the absorbing rods above the reaction tank. That's great when the power fails and gravity can pull those rods down into the tank. Now, if you have an earthquake and the reactor tips because the earth underneath the reactor shifts, the tank might not be gravitationally underneath those rods anymore. It's a gravity failsafe that would mostly work.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
reply to post by ChuckNasty

The word apocalypse means to reveal to uncover in Greek.

Too bad I don't speak Greek.. I kid of course.

Another poster stated the same.

Most words have a root beginning thingie, but words evolve to meet current understanding.

Apocalypse has more than one single meaning - was my overall response to them.

I thank you for your honest opinion and time to reply.
edit on 24-1-2014 by ChuckNasty because: hate tablet auto corrects...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

thanks for the grats but I figure one of two things will happen, I either wont last long at all... like not even make it a month, or... I will make it through for a good long time, until natural causes take me.

I don't figure there is much of an in between for me. There have been times I have been without running water, and heat in the winter long ago was wood burning, but I also had a hydraulic log splitter then too!

I think in the real, at this point in my life, I will either have the drive to make it, or find out its just too hard now... I simply don't know until I am in the thick of it I suppose!

I'm sure we all worry the same.

We won't really know what we are made of until tested. Let us hope it never comes to that.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

DarksideOz
I did the quiz once and was as honest as could be and scored 40 years, and it said I was likely to become a Tribal God !

Who wants to join my cult ?

If it comes down to an apocalypse (or prequel for a Biblical apocalypse), I'll join.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Nice I got 20 years, I want madmax's car.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I know this is done for fun and all, but it's kinda... relative. My 'result' was 6 months. That's not really the problem. I was actually surprised by the 6 month figure. Seemed longer than I thought it would be. But then it occurred to me, if I managed to survive and developed the skills to stay alive for 6 months, why would I suddenly die? You live half a year, then BAM!! I thought, well, maybe it was 3 months into the nasty winter and I froze to death. Can't really say that either, as I know how to build a snow shelter. Starvation perhaps then. Harder to get food in the winter. Good thing most folks will be dead in the first few months, less competition for food. Less people I have to shoot, more bullets/arrows for the deer.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ha, I only got 6 months to live but what can I say?

I'm a peace loving hippie.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is absolutely not true. Dont worry.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The key is the endurance question.

Just like in the movie Zombieland with the Zombie apocalypse..............."Rule No.1, CARDIO".

And also like the saying, "Survival of the fittest". Not the fastest, not the strongest............but the fittest !

If you can't outrun your enemy, then it's just a matter of time before your enemy catches you. If you can outrun your enemy, then you are always a chance of survival. Being a logical thinker would be a handy asset as well, but if you don't have the fitness levels to survive, then your intelligence better come up with a good back up plan. Refer to above comment about not being able to outrun your enemy.

A system of enforced Martial law would be completely different to the outcome of an Apocalypse. Martial Law would be heavily controlled by "military" [I use that word loosely], whereas an Apocalypse would be heavily ruled by law of the jungle and survival of the fittest.

Just look at it from an Apocalypse point of view...............2 people, both of similar build but one is a lot fitter than the other. There is no food or water, but they hear that there is limited food and water approx. 20 km's away. Which one do you honestly think will get to the limited food and water first after covering 20km's on foot ? And what if there was only enough food and water for the first of the 2 to arrive. The first person is refuelled and ready to go onto the next destination, the latter is left exhausted, unfed, no water and has to do it all again despite now being even more at a disadvantage. The fittest will not win EVERY time, but the fittest will hardly ever beat an unfit person armed with a weapon. But from an all things even scenario, the fittest will out survive the unfit in most cases.

Fitness will only take you so far in the current world, but after the fallout of an Apocalypse, fitness will be your best asset. Add a smart and adaptable mind to a fit body, and you have a good starting point.

Or......................just get a bloody big gun with a LOT of bullets ?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It gave me 6 months. In reality though I wouldn't even try, that's not a world I would want to live in.
edit on 25-1-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
In the case of an apocolypse it would depend on where you were at the time and on what parts of the world were devastated. In some places no one would or could survive and in other places it would be as if nothing happened if the disaster was of a seen physical type such as an earthquake, solar flare, tornado or even a pole shift etc. If however the apocolypse was of an unseen type or so overwelming then nobody would survive Eg a superheated solar flare that turned the earth into a flaming ball burning the atmostphere and all the oxygen or the atmostphere changing to one with a much higher proportion of methane in it.
I wish people would wake up the illuminati/nwo are not gods they do not have the ultimate power over everybody on this planet. In the event that chaos was caused by them or used by them they would be so busy fighting those in the cities etc that they would not have time or resources to look for others that were hidden in remote places. You would be surprised at the ingenious methods and the brutal tactics that would be used by grorilla fighters and those that would switch sides bring all there weapons and a lot of information with them. Drones can be reprogrammed to go and bomb those that sent them and technology can be worked out and reengineered etc. It only takes this to happen a few times and they would have to find other methods. These individuals that make up these organisations also quite often hate one anothers guts as much as they hate the rest of us. They are not one agreeable cohesive group like most of people think that they are and those that are at the top of these organisations often have to use fear to keep everyone in these groups behaving. Using fear instead of love you cannot win in the long term only over the very short term. Fear is destructive where as love is creative

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

I ended up with three months! Not bad, thought I would be dead in a few weeks.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have asked this question, and been told that the nuclear power plants are designed to shut down.

point is along with nooks there are myriad other very toxic and life ending materials scattered all across the globe (not to mention diseases) and it all requires some sort of maintenance to maintain its containment and if the grid goes away it's only a matter of time before the food chain dies and us to follow after the cannibal period comes to an end and the zombies no longer have a source of live food. there can be no "semi" apocalypses

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksideOz

you make it sound like a video game. who's going to be "chasing you"? everybody's going to be looking for resources and shelter from the environment. people in cities will be the worst off, people in the boonies would last the longest but once the infrastructure breaks down (oil production facilities, nuke plants, laboratories, sewage processing plants, etc) and the environment is unable to dilute the toxic onslaught and the food chain breaks down, we're all f'd no matter how many "points" we have.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Yeah I watched life after people and it explained that the amount of toxic clouds escaping due to factories breaking down scared me.
Maybe it would be better just to find a high spot and jump...thinking of england of course.
edit on 25-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I have often wondered what if a big asteroid hit the moon. Can't say I have ever read what kind of apocalypse that would cause here on earth. Sorry a little off topic. Peace S&F

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

The movie (the newest version) The Time Machine has that scenario in, basically buggered us all up.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
leolady's test results...dun dun dun

The results are in! You'd survive for
five years
after the apocalypse.
You know, that's pretty damn good for the end of the world. Well done.
You're basically Will Smith in I Am Legend

well...I learned something taking the test...so all is good
:-)
leolady
edit on 25-1-2014 by leolady because: cuz

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
How on earth did I get 50 years?

Get me out of this crazy ass place. lol

Peace,

RT

new topics