It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That's quite possible, I ran like a sissy and got 10 years!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Actually it depends on what side of the equator your on, it is the north side if you are to the north of the equator, but in the southern hemisphere the moss grows all the way around the tree.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Pimpintology
I answered honestly.

You'll be around until civilisation rebuilds itself. There'll be legends told about your name. You're basically the dog in Independence Day.

Someone spelled civilization wrong.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Pimpintology because: of formatting purposes.

Silly English. Bet they'd spell y'all wrong too.

Congrats on your 50!

Seems there are a bunch of folk that get the 50 score.
edit on 24-1-2014 by ChuckNasty because: congrats added

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Actually it depends on what side of the equator your on, it is the north side if you are to the north of the equator, but in the southern hemisphere the moss grows all the way around the tree.

Good point.

And grats to your 10 years!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I took the quiz, and sorry to say it but I got 50 years, yeah they said I would be one of the people that they would have stories about ..That I would be a legend...well personally I think it is 100% wrong. Yeah I said wrong!!!!
The only thing it asked me that had anything to do with survival was what side of the tree does moss grow on..??? really??
Oh yeah how far can you run...and how many people are you going to get without use of cell phone...
Hello people the people making the quiz seriously need to ask real questions about things...
Do not get me wrong I think that I am quite able to handle most anything thrown at me...provided I am not at ground zero, I think I would be better off than most due to my path in life...
People your brain is by far your best weapon and knowledge is your power.
Your ability to do for yourself will be the biggest advantage that anyone will have.
The quiz was a complete joke in my opinion. Sorry just my .02 cents.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

thanks for the grats but I figure one of two things will happen, I either wont last long at all... like not even make it a month, or... I will make it through for a good long time, until natural causes take me.

I don't figure there is much of an in between for me. There have been times I have been without running water, and heat in the winter long ago was wood burning, but I also had a hydraulic log splitter then too!

I think in the real, at this point in my life, I will either have the drive to make it, or find out its just too hard now... I simply don't know until I am in the thick of it I suppose!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

saltdog

I took the quiz, and sorry to say it but I got 50 years, yeah they said I would be one of the people that they would have stories about ..That I would be a legend...well personally I think it is 100% wrong. Yeah I said wrong!!!!
The only thing it asked me that had anything to do with survival was what side of the tree does moss grow on..??? really??
Oh yeah how far can you run...and how many people are you going to get without use of cell phone...
Hello people the people making the quiz seriously need to ask real questions about things...
Do not get me wrong I think that I am quite able to handle most anything thrown at me...provided I am not at ground zero, I think I would be better off than most due to my path in life...
People your brain is by far your best weapon and knowledge is your power.
Your ability to do for yourself will be the biggest advantage that anyone will have.
The quiz was a complete joke in my opinion. Sorry just my .02 cents.

Thank you for your reply and being honest.

Grats to the 50 also.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

FlyersFan
We plan ahead for a semi-break down of society.
But as far as an all out apocalypse goes ... there will be no survivors.

So true. Hence the meaning of the very word. An all out apocalypse is by the very nature the end all of everything. Nothing lives. No grass, no trees, when the Earth is gone, how would one get past that?
Unless you get to the choppa, and find a new planet! And let it start all over again. Rinse, and repeat!

But for the sake of the quiz..
Here is what I got.
The results are in! You'd survive for
twenty years after the apocalypse.

edit on 24-1-2014 by zysin5 because: did the quiz

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting, informative thread...

but personally, as I have trouble with the wage-slavery and completely skewed morality and insanity shown in our current society, if a total breakdown of that society occurred and it was a dog-eat-dog survival scenario, well, I wouldn't try too hard to keep existing as it's bad enough NOW...

But regards to the hearty, hardy souls keepin on keepin on... skoal to you!
edit on 1/24/2014 by Baddogma because: forgot an "O"

edit on 1/24/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sad...but true.The worst case scenario would be all out nuke war or asteroid/comet impact.None of those are survivable.Even if it was a virus outbreak,who would take care of the power grid if most of the population is wiped out?

Cool quiz though O.P.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The questions were stupid, none of them really said anything about anything, and in that first one I did not even know who Ray Mears is. I would Google who he is, now that the quiz is over. But I really dont care who he is.

Anyways! The quiz seems to think I would be a bit of a survivalist. Here is what it gave me..

"The results are in! You'd survive for forty years after the apocalypse.
And you know what? You'd probably end up as some sort of tribal god. We're sticking with you.
You're basically Kevin Costner in Waterworld"

I will off course take the Kevin Costner part as an insult. Who knew that all my hours and hours of playing zombie survival horror games will actually be of any good.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Yo I got 40 man

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Entertaining quiz.

The results are in! You'd survive for
forty years

after the apocalypse.

And you know what? You'd probably end up as some sort of tribal god. We're sticking with you.

You're basically Kevin Costner in Waterworld

While I AM a strong swimmer, I'm no Kevin Costner. This quiz was hinged upon a few questions -- the amount of food you have stored, for example.

Hey, I'll be absolutely THRILLED if I survive another 40 years, apocalypse or not. I'd be 95. That will be a ripe old age, and should I make it that far, I'm sure to go out in a way that makes the evening news (should it still exist).

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I got 10 years.
Thinking survive is survive. Its probability of survival that is possibly measurable.
edit on 24-1-2014 by guidetube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

I think all who click on the confrontation part are likely to get 40 years. You know fists flying part, which may not be very survival oriented, you know that fighting had to be breed into dogs. In nature wolfs do not fight, I mean other then pack hierarchy and such, but they do not go out of there ways to fight or prove something, in fact if you think about it the less confrontations the more likely it is that you will survive on. So in a way those who clicked the run away button would probably stand a better change then those who chose to let the fists swing.

But then again if it came down to it and you had no choice it would be a different story, and # in middle school on the playground with 10yr old kids it more then often comes down to something like it, more then a few times with me. In a Apocalypse scenario no rules and regulations its pretty much a guarantee that you will run into something like that, more then a few times, were running wont be an option.

As for all the other questions it gave you. All of them made as much nonsense the fight or flee one did and could be looked at in a variety of way, but then again they did make a sort of dry and cut sense, including the Ray Mears one, I somehow thing that picked the other answers but the "good grief no" one may has sunked there chance for some reason..Go figure.
edit on 8pmFridaypm242014f5pmFri, 24 Jan 2014 20:18:27 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

OK never mind. Retract that last statement about the Ray Mears guy bring the score down. I was in error.

I just did the quiz all over again and chose the "Yes, you'll be safe with me" answer. And chose the exact same answers for my other questions as the first time around. And now I am at 50 instead of 40...Go figure eh...Still dont care who the dude is.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I chose the "run away" option for that question. Now, I wonder, if I take it again and choose "fight" if I can be the "Rambo" of survival quizzes, instead of the Waterworld Kevin Costner.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'd have a month. I'm pretty much Piggy from Lord of the Flies. But I'm sort of glad I'd drop that fast. I don't want to live in a post-apocalypse anyway. It sounds really crappy and I'd rather just blink out and hope that those aliens from home planet (where ever that may be) find me and take me outta here!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The word apocalypse means to reveal to uncover in Greek.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I did the quiz once and was as honest as could be and scored 40 years, and it said I was likely to become a Tribal God !

Who wants to join my cult ?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join