It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Ukrainian protest news in U.S media at all !!! wow!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ukrainians are protesting and seemingly winning lately against their government recently. What astonishes me is that the u.s media has not spoke a single word about the situation at all. Obviously we do t want to give the American public any real ideas. Also, this smells like a Russian negotiation with Ukraine president all over. Possible buy out? I believe this is Georgia allover again, minus invasion and done through $$$$$$.

thoughts?

Bieber went to jail, i do know that

edit on 23-1-2014 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
They only report on the ones we engineer. It gaurantees them exclusives.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

that is funny, because I read it on CNN this morning.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well of course there not reporting it in the news. Don't want to give the people any ideas ! ! !

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just watched extensive coverage of it on cnn. I agree with you, up till now coverage was nonexistent.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

nixie_nox

Its not focused on it.
Iran not dismantle
Bieber jail
Russia scary terror Olympic

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The protesters are very much against Russia, the news so far has been that the US ARE meddling because Ukraine will be more beneficial to western powers in the EU. Pro government protesters have been outside the US embassy protesting US involvement.

The protests started when Ukraine said they might ally with Russia, I doubt Russia would fund a coup against a nation who was willing to join.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
They're reporting on it in Canada.
Protesters throwing Molotov cocktails at cops, cops shooting into the crowds of protesters.
Both sides behaving badly.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

nixie_nox

That may be but it's not trending on the front page. Top story? You may have guessed it, that's right folks, most important story is justin Beiber (sic)...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

iRoyalty

The protesters are very much against Russia, the news so far has been that the US ARE meddling because Ukraine will be more beneficial to western powers in the EU. Pro government protesters have been outside the US embassy protesting US involvement.

The protests started when Ukraine said they might ally with Russia, I doubt Russia would fund a coup against a nation who was willing to join.

That sums it up.
How is u.s meddling????? Again

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I didn't read lots on it, because it wasn't shocking or surprising.

Probably usual rabble rousing, funding certain organisations... Some pretty far right parties have taken a big stand, could have started with them?

Here's a RT report on the protesters at the US embassy, although RT never show the US in a good light so it might be an idea for find an alternative source as well.

RT Link

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ive been seeing this new in RT for a few days now. Not so sure what going on there. Didnt have time to check any of the articles out.
But as usual, rt is quite partial. They are basically saying people in the streets are not regular ukranian folks, and that 'Russia will not allow foreign intromission'.

PS: Vitaly klitschko is a member of the opposing party, he gave up his boxing world title to become a full time politician! Good for him, hes a nice guy.
edit on 23-1-2014 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This protest is a major deal and i believe has some major implications. So no one sees this as a nwo move???

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I think it's us watching them loose control, they wanted mass protest to convince the Ukrainian government to resign and the new leader be for the EU agreement... However, the EU wont have them while police are batting civilians and civilians are literally burning the faces off of police officers...

I think it's a result of when their plans don't go the way they want and people get hurt... again.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

One news site, 9 stories in the past 4 days.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I did see it on CNN earlier today and the pictures were disheartening to say the least. There was a person down on the ground being beaten by law enforcement and it was sad. Apparently, four people were shot and killed as well. I'm from the US so yes, we are being made aware over here of that terrible situation. My heart goes out to the people there.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well we all know the uprising and protests in Ukraine is being funded and organised by US.
US have used these tactics before (Syria, Egypt, Libya)
This is the new way they try and get a hold over a country, By starting these uprisings by paying organisations to start mass voilent rallies and bring a country to its knees.
Just imagine if US can put a new head of Ukraine in place - They could place missiles and troops right on Russia's borders.
US like to surround countries the feel threatened by.
The United States of America is the biggest threat to world peace at the moment.
The pro government protesters in Kiev have been surrounding the US Embassy demanding the US stop funding and orchestrating the anti government protesters.
I find this all appalling. I cannot believe the US can do this, And get away with it.
Very similar to the Syria conflict, The US government will do anything to gain what they want including helping the protesters use chemical weapons and then blaming the Syrian Regime. Now that didnt work so well so they are now using the torture stories to get the Syrian Regime out of the picture when we all know the US government constantly torture and kill anyone the feel is a problem.
I lost all faith in the US government a while ago - but this latest stuff just goes way to far.
Perhaps the US citizens should start a uprising in the US to give them a taste of there own medicine.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
thats because they dont americans to get any ideas on how to react to govt oppression....they want us to think that 'occupy wall street' was a sucksess and that is the way to do it...we will get the ocasional article but nothing big...dont want to give those angry americans something to push against, no ideas

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hello, i have some friends over in Ukraine and they say to me that the US is funding the up-riots. And this is starting to irritate quite a lot of the Ukrainian population because they would like to sort out their own problems, by themselves and without help from other countries. The protestors, i know that one of their true means for all of this rioting is that they would like to get of the current government... but then who would replace it, who would the new president and leaders be?

Few days ago, the parliament passed an act on actually making it illegal to protest over in the streets of maidan so they may be arrested but what's really at the moment intriguing me is how biased some of the news (seen the bbc version only,sorry) can be as they only show one side of the story.
The people who were killed, well it's a question as to who actually killed them.

I would really like to post some picture's of the rebellion on here but not sure how to...
You could look at them from this site though...
zyalt.livejournal.com...

p.s. i also believe that as the syrian conflict maybe possibly be coming to an end finally, they want ukraine to have a National War because that's what it seems to be leading to. Hopefully not as it's really a lovely country.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Justmea because: Additional information

new topics

top topics

join