It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mösting Crater Mystery - The Untold Apollo 12 Story (narrated)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yeah they wanted to keep it so secret they showed it to thousands of Vietnam troops.

Here's the film they showed the Vietnam guys:

The footage of the lunar surface is around the 10 minute mark. Anyone who cares to can check the mission transcripts to see ecactly when this was broadcast here:

history.nasa.gov...

(go to 84 hours).

The TV actually stops when they pass over the terminator and there is nothing more to see. The fact that the US forces did not see it does not mean the rest of the world didn't. Here's some of CBS's broadcast of it:

(go to just short of 6m)

Here's the thing: the guy the OP is quoting is making it up. That's all there is to it. There were no UFOs. I've met Alan Bean. He would have mentioned it.

E2A: The entirety of the audio from the TV broadcast can be found here

history.nasa.gov...
edit on 23-1-2014 by onebigmonkey because: more stuff

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

skyblueworld
reply to post by NONPOINT21

Very true, and the footage we see is an edited version of roughly over 3 mins long, but during the video, Sander shows evidence that they filmed for 34mins.
I don't think we'll ever get to see the whole version, only their "edited" version. So I wonder what they're hiding if anything.

I doubt that there can be 34 minutes of film taken during a single pass of the Apollo orbiting over that crater. If the footage was taken on subsequent passes focusing primarily on that crater, then that alone tells us that evidently there was something interesting to see down there. But I don't believe it. And I believe this is an old story from some years ago on ATS.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As much as i appreciate the many hundreds of hours of research....I cant see # down there....
The tall (whatever it is on the crater rim )looks more interesting than what hes focussing on.....

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

I could not agree with you more on that.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

34mins of film, mot just that specific crater, as mentioned they filmed others too
edit on 23-1-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Another important thread, I believe this is right, a good computer programme such as the FBI are supposed to have for CCTV analysis could possible reconstruct a high res still from severel lower res motion image's.
S+F

Edit.

Now I have had a proper look I see crossed structure and right angle, in the film it appears as well as something similar on the far side of the crater, it appears to be artificial to my eye's like a heavily camoflauged or very ancient structure or set of structure's at the crater site.
Question that arises for me is which was first, that or the crater.

edit on 23-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Absolutely interesting. The "structure" is really Amazing. And deserve a "second" and careful view.....
S&F.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
lol..Jimmy is really tearing them up today

he really shouldn't have tell ya who was aboard Apollo 11

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Aliensun

I doubt that there can be 34 minutes of film taken during a single pass of the Apollo orbiting over that crater. If the footage was taken on subsequent passes focusing primarily on that crater, then that alone tells us that evidently there was something interesting to see down there.

You're right, there wasn't 34 minutes of film - it was a TV broadcast. The Apollo missions did not carry cameras that could record audio. 'TV broadcast' does not, however, mean that it was all broadcast on a TV network, just that they used TV cameras to send the images back to Houston.

The timeline shows that they broadcast from 84 hours MET (mission elapsed to time) to 84:33. It starts with the words

Hello, 12; Houston. We're starting to get a picture now.

and ends with

084:33:18 Weitz: Roger, 12. Very good show.

You can hear all of the audio of that broadcast at the site I linked to above.

As for what was covered, they were still in a high elliptical orbit at that time and took just over 2 hours to complete a full revolution. 34 minutes would therefore be just over a quarter of the lunar surface, which is effectively what was sunlit and visible to Earth (they obviously had to be in sight of Earth to make the broadcast).

While they would have been over the crater in question for long, they would have had a view of it for longer than in subsequent lower altitude orbits. If you follow the link in my sig you can download google moon files that show where all the photos for Apollo missions were taken, including Apollo 12. It will give you an idea as to the orbital paths taken during the mission.

I'll say it again for good luck: there are no structures, there were no UFOs. The person quoted in the OP is making it up.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I still don't see anything abnormal to these pics, can you tell me exactly what you see?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Sorry, double post

edit on 23-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

JimOberg

See www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html for helpful suggestions.

Do you have any sense of possible reliability issues with a user-edited reference site?

Sorry, unfair I know but couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

chunder

JimOberg

See www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html for helpful suggestions.

Do you have any sense of possible reliability issues with a user-edited reference site?

Sorry, unfair I know but couldn't resist

Not unfair at all. Doublecheck EVERYONE. That's why posts like the earlier one on links to actual full video files are so much more trustworthy than anonymous 'summations'.

And you can also put more reliance on posted information that you KNOW has been the target of YEARS of intense examination to find and flaunt errors in it -- like mine, for example, since an entire generation of 'young guns ' UFO buffs' have been out gunning for any vulnerable chinks in the data and analysis. In the end they usually just give up and whine, "Well, I can't believe it", and consider that a refutation.

Cooper's claim to have seen the 'landing' video at Edwards collapses when compared to the Blue Book report and photos [which anybody can purchase from the National Archives -- it did NOT 'disappear'], and on Gettys' written testimony -- I have the letter -- that the object never landed, and Cooper wasn't involved -- they didn't even know he'd been on base at that time. James McDonald verified this in 1968 congressional testimony when he presented inter alia THIS exact case -- no landing, no mention of Gordon Cooper.

The only way Cooper knew their names was he read them in the report I prepared and mailed him in 1982. He also 'added' details to his subsequent narrative that he ONLY could have found in that report.

Why would Cooper tell the story so differently? Maybe because after alienating himself from the spaceflight community through his own misbehavior and misjudgments, UFO conventions were the only public events he got invited to, and who cared WHAT you told them as long as they adored you? After all, as their performance to this day confirms, enough of them will believe Anything and never bother to check.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It does look like someone is down there moving around but I don't understand why this video is so long. If the goal is to make me stare at nothing for 20 minutes before I notice something job well done I guess.
edit on 24-1-2014 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I see something but I have no idea what it is. Could be something artificial, could be something natural. The quality of the photographs is not good enough to discern anything reliably.

If you ask me, I do believe that NASA is hiding something about the UFO phenomenon, but maybe they're just hiding the fact that they don't know anything about the source.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

skyblueworld
reply to post by Aliensun

34mins of film, mot just that specific crater, as mentioned they filmed others too
edit on 23-1-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

Just to be clear, the 34mins was telerecording, so some but not all was broadcast, that is the conclusion then.

I take it that we are seeing a video much more degraded than would be seen straight from a replay? The thing is, the author of the video seems to be seeing some rectangular shape that is much less ambiguous to him than it is to what we/or rather, I am seeng, and while there does seem to be some regular shape, it is very vague, and in some of the pictures, there are other regular looking shapes that could just as well be anomalies, or simply artifacts of the pictures and their quality.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well that certainly was 20 minutes of precious time that I just wasted staring at rock formations while listening to the rambling of a madman. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There are high-resolution images of the Aristarchus crater. Some of them show objects that look like some kind of maintenance staircase:

Original site: wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc_browse/view/M175569775

Go to the very bottom, zoom, in to all but 5 notches to the right, then go across the bottom of the picture.

I'd love to think that the area of ground behind is some kind of underground bunker. There are some strong lines that seem to form
a diamond shape. But it's the little cave or staircase bit that looks interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Its very strange, that the object are not there anymore. How can that be explained

edit on 26-1-2014 by Oldshoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Oldshoe

Its very strange, that the object are not there anymore. How can that be explained

edit on 26-1-2014 by Oldshoe because: (no reason given)

Airbrushing and image manipulation, or they moved.
There is abundent evidence of image tampering by NASA and even faked moon video's where a shot from one missions was used in another and supposed to be several miles away, the evidence for ongoing activity on the moon however is very rare unless it has been airbrushed away but sometimes they make mistakes, even today or someone tries to get it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join