It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Ship heading for UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Thanks for supplying the image.

That is one beautiful looking vessel. The proportions ring all the right bells for me, unlike the modern monstrosities we call ships these days.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SynchronousSnake

The biggest mishandling was when the bloody scrap buyers tried to tow it from St. John's to the Dominican Republic in January. The North Atlantic isn't where you want to be in the dead of winter to begin with, let alone towing 4200 tons of dead weight. Anybody could have told them that January-March on the Grand Banks is brutal, just look at the Ocean Ranger. If 25,000 tons of anchored steel (rated for 100-foot waves and screaming gales) can be wrecked that easily, a Russian hulk towed with chains doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

But in heavy seas, the tow-line to a tug broke, prompting the Canadian government to send out another ship to drag her far out to sea and release her.

If the rat invasion happens, blame Canada. Abandoning a ship in the ocean doesn't seem safe but the oceans are big places. Maybe Mother Nature will settle this.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ghost ship?
Cannibal rats?

Sounds like a Carnival Cruise!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Oh We all told them it was a bad idea to try and tow it out of there at that time and with the equipment they tried to use... Ultimately it was a failed venture from the get go and expert seafaring experience was out trumped by the prospect of profit of the sale for scrap and the avoidance of further wharfage fees

Edit. Off topic note on the ocean ranger: by no means was the storm that destroyed this vessel a little storm and it grew in intensity far faster then anticpated.Sure she was engineered to withstand the worst of the expected weather of the area but as any mariner knows Murphy's Law will eventually come to bare down on things at sea.

edit on 23-1-2014 by SynchronousSnake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by SynchronousSnake because: Added to post

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Anyone fancy a trip out to see to claim the salvage rights? we just need to fight off the Mutant rats and maybe a few ghosts and such and we will be quids in.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Rats...RATS!!!,, i hate RATS!!! They make me go crazy!........crazy?, i was crazy once ! They locked me up in a room with rats.....RATS!! I hate RATS!! They make me go crazy....i was crazy once............

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
reply to post by hotel1

If its been adrift for a year,I predict all they will find on board is ONE very fat rat.

Or maybe one of these.

Rat King

Rat kings are phenomena said to arise when a number of rats become intertwined at their tails, which become stuck together with blood, dirt, ice, feces or simply knotted. The animals reputedly grow together while joined at the tails. The numbers of rats that are joined together can vary, but rat kings formed naturally from a large number of rats are rarer.

Specimens of purported rat kings are kept in some museums. The museum Mauritianum in Altenburg (Thuringia) shows the largest well-known mummified "rat king", which was found in 1828 in a miller's fireplace at Buchheim. It consists of 32 rats.

A big fat, giant rat would be much cooler though

edit on 23-1-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Take a look on uk.yahoo, they have a picture of such etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
Salvage laws would allow anyone who found her to tow her to the scrapyard.

The trick would be to find her first, and then to find a scrapyard that doesn't have rules about infested scrap.

I was going to say the same thing. The salvage value is worth going out looking for it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Sounds like a B movie script.
Anyone care to name the has been actors that will "star" in this disaster? lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
Salvage laws would allow anyone who found her to tow her to the scrapyard.

The trick would be to find her first, and then to find a scrapyard that doesn't have rules about infested scrap.

they would not have to tow it to a shipbreaker they could tow it anywhere and have a ship broker sell it for rebuilding.
a good ice hardened hull is worth money.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Thank you for this contribution that brings a great deal more to the topic.

Kind regards

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
Rats...RATS!!!,, i hate RATS!!! They make me go crazy!........crazy?, i was crazy once ! They locked me up in a room with rats.....RATS!! I hate RATS!! They make me go crazy....i was crazy once............

One of my favourite posts of all time. Its rare that I laugh out loud at an online post

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join