It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Ship heading for UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Article taken from Daily Mirror (cannot link currently) Link

A GHOST ship crewed only by CANNIBAL rats is feared to be heading for Britain.

The hulk of cruise ship Lyubov Orlova has been adrift in the North Atlantic for the past year after being cut loose off the coast of Canada.

But now coastguards are reportedly worried the recent storms may have driven her thousands of miles towards our own coastline.

The 300ft vessel, built 40 years ago in the Soviet Union, has nothing aboard but packs of disease-ridden rodents who are forced to prey on one another to survive.

Her current position is unknown despite several high-level searches.

It seems this ice strengthened vessel named after a Russian actress, originally designed for cruising above the Arctic Circle was tied up alongside in Newfoundland after become embroiled in a debt issue.

Towing cables parted while she was being taken for scrap and is thought to be drifting in the North Atlantic. The lack of lifeboat transmitters being activated and several radar returns suggest the four thousand tonne vessel has not sunk, recent searches for her have yielded no results.

The recent storms may well have blown the ghost ship towards the western shores of the British Isles and the only living souls likely to be aboard are a whole lot of cannibal rats.
edit on 23-1-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by Gemwolf because: Added link and ex tags

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sink it before the rats can board the invasion barges. They're coming, and they are hungry. Assuming they have learned to control the ship we can be safe assuming they have the ability to man complex weapon systems.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Cannibal rats?

What is the TPTB and the US congress doing onboard this ship?

Shouldn't they be in session? Good grief, taxes being paid to them so they can lolligag on some ship adrift in the sea.

Satyre aside...

That sounds rather interesting.. Makes ya wonder how many other vessels could be floating around out in the big ol blue..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Cygnis
Cannibal rats?

What is the TPTB and the US congress doing onboard this ship?

Shouldn't they be in session? Good grief, taxes being paid to them so they can lolligag on some ship adrift in the sea.

Satyre aside...

That sounds rather interesting.. Makes ya wonder how many other vessels could be floating around out in the big ol blue..

Indeed it does. We could be witnessing the birth of a new seafaring legend to rival The Flying Dutchman et al.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Why did they cut loose a 300ft long anything and allow it to run a mock in the middle of the ocean?

Downright irresponsible if you ask me!

edit on 23-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

If its been adrift for a year,I predict all they will find on board is ONE very fat rat.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
"cannibal zombie rats are coming to a shore near you"

They will be able to survive gun fire!

Now that would be scary, but just hearing this story, and thinking that it could land on a shoreline of the UK before it is seen is also scary.. The rats could get to shore and travel towards houses in big waves.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Hope it hasn't got a T-Rex on it, like in Jurassic park!!
Rats are one thing, but a dino invasion!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

alienreality

Now that would be scary, but just hearing this story, and thinking that it could land on a shoreline of the UK before it is seen is also scary.. The rats could get to shore and travel towards houses in big waves.

Zombie rats. I was just thinking the same thing. The crew have been infected as part of secret experiments but as usual it has gotten loose and this whole thing is a cover story to hide the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I tell you what .. If I was a navy or RAF pilot or in a job that I have to search for marine vessels I'll be asking my superiors every day if I can go out searching for it. Think how good your searching skills will improve and then once you find it .. Blow it up !

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I had the same thought. International Maritime Law is pretty specific about setting big hulks of metal adrift in international, environmentally sensitive waters.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
I tell you what .. If I was a navy or RAF pilot or in a job that I have to search for marine vessels I'll be asking my superiors every day if I can go out searching for it. Think how good your searching skills will improve and then once you find it .. Blow it up ! [/

Mods please remove.
my post not ThePeaceMaker'

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

She has a beautiful old-school hull design, and given her age I bet her steel is top grade stuff - unlike the Chinese build ship (that "ship" was meant to be a naughty swear word btw) that we sail on these days.

So much for the old adage "like rats deserting a sinking ship".........I'd love to see some video footage of the infestation - it would be mad stuff.

S&F OP
edit on 23-1-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
I tell you what .. If I was a navy or RAF pilot or in a job that I have to search for marine vessels I'll be asking my superiors every day if I can go out searching for it. Think how good your searching skills will improve and then once you find it .. Blow it up !

Interesting that you bring this point up. Any nation that did blow the bloody thing up would be in violation of a whole bunch of environmental protocols, and yet we have this hulk seemingly cut loose deliberately on the orders of the nations government.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

She was once as you say a very fine craft and would have been full of rich Russian oligarchs, alas now she just full of huge cannibalistic rats....... Oh wait!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Tindalos2013

alienreality

Zombie rats. I was just thinking the same thing. The crew have been infected as part of secret experiments but as usual it has gotten loose and this whole thing is a cover story to hide the truth.

You my good Sir/Madam are a true ATSer

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

This is interesting and I like the politician jokes but come on guys the rats are no where near as bad or diseased, Seriously though this is worrying as we do not know what contaminents the ship may be carrying and if there is any ecological risk though it is most likely negligable, there are hundreds of ghost ships around the world, a hell of a lot since the terrible Tsunami which took so many lives but even when there pumps are not active and there hatches are open they don't always sink to the bottom, some become what is known as submerged objects which if they stray into international shipping lanes become a hazard, this occurs when they achieve neutral boyancy beneath the surface and if close enough to the surface but there are many that are deep enough to be safely ignored, still organic decay and superstrucure failure can change a submerged ships boyance even years after the vessel SANK, nearly all submerged free roaming wrecks are capsized with there hull's keel upward (they follow the ocean current's) but some are boyant because of sealed water tight hatches and trapped air or cargo, the Royal Navy, the US, canadian and australian Navy's, and most first world navy's and coastgaurds deal with such wrecks with unerwater demolishons (They blow them up), it is believed there may be several hundred such vessels out there at any time mostly trawler size but rarely they are much larger freighter sized ship's.

edit on 23-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

hotel1

ThePeaceMaker

Interesting that you bring this point up. Any nation that did blow the bloody thing up would be in violation of a whole bunch of environmental protocols, and yet we have this hulk seemingly cut loose deliberately on the orders of the nations government.

Ah this is true I don't think of things like that but if it was in international waters do certain laws still apply ? Also I have a thing for stuff that goes boom that's why I want to blow it up. Good target practise for a sub!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Uhmmm don't we have satelites and stuff to search for these things? Maybe the ISS can help 2?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Salvage laws would allow anyone who found her to tow her to the scrapyard.

The trick would be to find her first, and then to find a scrapyard that doesn't have rules about infested scrap.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join