It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRIEVING - my dog is irretrievably gone and I feel AWFUL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Just trying to cheer you up...

I really was sad at your loss...They are family.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

There really isn't anything quite like losing a beloved family pet.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We lost our family member Mulder nearly 3 years ago and I still have him in my thoughts daily.
We have a photo of him on the fridge which I give a peck to as I pass on the way to bed wishing him good night and ask him to watch over us as we sleep.

That was first time I have felt real grief and remained raw for me for the longest time.
You will come to terms with your loss eventually and feel guilty for a time when you forget them for a while.

There is nothing anyone here can say to make you feel better but take heart in the strength of loss you are feeling as this reflects the love you gave.

Sorry for your loss
Jp

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Words are just not enough.

Nearly three years since my old mate had to go, seems like yestarday.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Sorry friend. But your dog is not gone. Just not where you can see, and just behind the veil. Our pets and loved ones never really leave. They just become something else and are right next to us. Believe that!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

whyamIhere
They are family.

That^^^ is what so many people just dont understand.
When my old mate had to go everyone kept saying "Go get another one" and I'd reply "Is that what you'd say if I lost a child?" because thats what he was to me.

Took my old mate every where with me, even to work! He lives in my head now

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am so sorry....I can't imagine your pain. A dog is the one animal on Earth that will offer unconditional love to us, almost no matter what. We feel that we fail them when we can't prolong their lives. Yet, you did the best thing. Your friend is with you and always will be. Never doubt that. As hard as your pain and sadness is, please consider get another "friend" soon. You can honor your previous pet by rescuing another. Thousands of sweet pets are put down every day in America. Give a new friend a home. Your pet understands and knows it was loved. It will be comforted by knowing you are in fine hands with another.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

When you have a connection with another lifeform, whether human, or feline, or canine, or anything else that you feel deeply toward, and that lifeform dies, it is always horrible. My buddy had a cat who adored me, and I was equally taken with her. She was a character. Totally barmy, but soppy as anything toward me. I would walk into my pals front room, sit down, and within seconds would have a lap full of cat. If I slept at my pals place overnight, I would sleep on the floor, and wake up with the cat asleep on my chest, or to her licking my nose. I looked after her when my pal was on holiday, and I used to spend nearly as much time at my buddies place as at home, so the cat and I bonded very deeply over the years.

Toward the end, she was having pills crushed up in her dinner, to treat a heart condition. I was looking after her during my buddies holiday at the time, and one day I walked into the property, sat in my usual spot, and waited. And waited. Finally, I decided to sweep the flat, concerned with the whereabouts of my little friend. I found her curled up under my mates bed upstairs. I shone a light, to see what was going on, because she could not be coaxed out. One of her eyes was blood red.

I called my buddy up, and she came home, took the cat to the vets, got some more medication. The cat lasted out another four weeks, but one night she stayed up howling and mewing to herself the entire night, and by the morning was unable to walk, or do much of anything for herself what so ever. My buddy had no choice but to take her to the vet, and I found out that the deed had been done while I was at work, mid way through serving a customer. I finished up with that customer and took a cig break. I could not smoke the cigarette. I was too busy bawling my eyes out in a corner outside!

The reason I went into such detail here, is that I think when you love an animal to the point where it is your friend, part of your life, it strikes right to the core of your heart when they leave the mortal realm. Animals give their affection almost without condition, so to be absent such fonts of love all of a sudden is always a system shock. I think anyone who has owned, or interacted on a long term basis with, an animal friend, would agree that there is no way to suffer such a blow without feeling like someone just crapped right in your chest cavity.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I dont know what is the deal with these crazy stars.

I kind of think the stars are pointless in a thread like this.

Ive actually gone and given a star to every post. Definately reading them first.

We all know how these beloved ones are so special.

All the post have teared me up.

My little buddy was my best friend!

You try and tell me what human being was better than our little friends ,
be my guest.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So, do we all agree that we need an animals related post set out by ATS?

I think that this wonderful thread proves it.

Perhaps one for pets and one for animals generally but certainly this thread has shown me the breadth of compassion to,and from animals, as if we needed reminding.

A great collection of warmth and sympathy, understanding and support for the O.P.

Well done you lot, I am impressed and warmed by you all.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I am sorry - your little dog was so lucky to be so loved and have such a lovely family.
It hurts I know..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

I think thats A great idea.

I cant get over my loss.

Its been 8 months and losing " queen Bubba " the orange Humongous cat is still making me so sad.

She cant be replaced .!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I apperently dont have enough stars for a post, not sure how this all works,

Your Idea of a post for loss of animals is a great idea.

If theres anyone with the star status to make a post for lost "best buddies ", your Encouragement might help some of us to adopt a new best buddy!! (Never to replace our first best buddies)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

gwynnhwyfar
Hello ATS

The best thing you can do to work on your grieving....is to go to a shelter or a rescue group, and give a good and loving home to a deserving dog.

As I type this, the English Bulldog I adopted from a rescue after my boy Atlas died (also an English Bulldog, that I raised from a puppy for nine years, he just died this past October) is snoring away contentedly beside me on the couch. She is a bundle of love, energy, and a puppy personality at 4 years old. Her name is Tonka.....

She is an amazingly warm and loving dog...who's story is only too sad and disgusting to go into any detail. I turned the grief in the loss of my son Atlas into the loving and living care of a girl that just needs lots of love.

This, IMHO, is the best way you can honor your loved one's passing.

My most sincere condolences to you and your family.....I know your pain....
edit on 23-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: because of the scotch and the wasabi almonds....

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
gwynnhwyfar,

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my 12 year old diabetic girl in March of last year.

There is nothing I can say to make the pain you feel right now, any better.

Just know, you will see her again.

When I run across threads of ATS members who have lost a pet, I light a candle in memory of ~~ and will do so for you, if you would like and post it here.

What is her name?

Hugs,

MrLimpet
edit on 23-1-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

whyamIhere

Just trying to cheer you up...

I really was sad at your loss...They are family.

Thanks, that actually is the first time I think I have smiled all day.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thank you all for your wonderful stories! It was really hard to work today and try to keep it together. Got home and it all broke loose again. I know it will ease up over time, its just that my heart is broken right now. I appreciate all the stories you shared - I knew my ATS family would come through for me. You folks are great. Reading your posts made me cry more but also feel a little better because we have all gone through this. I feel a little less alone. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

MrLimpet
gwynnhwyfar,

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my 12 year old diabetic girl in March of last year.

There is nothing I can say to make the pain you feel right now, any better.

Just know, you will see her again.

When I run across threads of ATS members who have lost a pet, I light a candle in memory of ~~ and will do so for you, if you would like and post it here.

What is her name?

Hugs,

MrLimpet
edit on 23-1-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

Her name was Candy Cane. Thanks MrLimpet, that is a really nice thought.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

The best thing you can do to work on your grieving....is to go to a shelter or a rescue group, and give a good and loving home to a deserving dog.

Oh gosh, I couldn't even think about that. I still have 3 other doggies to take care of, and I can't even imagine trying to replace my baby girl with a different dog right now.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Know that you provided a nice, warm, loving home for your dog. I'm sure he/she loved you very much!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join