It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia boosts military presence near Australia and ramps up efforts to increase its firepower

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I remember that too.

We wanted the boats to stop, they're being stopped.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Rollie

muse7
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians? :p

Why do you yanks gloat over your filthy military empire?

Awww let them. They need something to feel good over as there country goes down the toliet

Rember there militray is the only thing the USA is number 1 on. Health, Education, wealth divide, freedom ect There are at the bottom of the devloped world.
edit on 23-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

markosity1973
Am I the only one that remembers a certain Mr Rudd (remember him, Mr i'm prime minister one minute, next thing I've been shot in the back by my number two, I'll fight until i get back my job again only to lose the election anyway guy?) Saying right before the election that Mr Abbots policies were going to cause problems because Australia's relations with indonesia were actually not that great?

Seems like this little problem had been simmering for a while now. Mr About is just poking the bear with his boat people policies. Not that I am against his ideology, I just think he is pushing his luck with indonesia, who are acting like spoiled brats anyway.

Anyone else remember how at the very beginning of the financial crisis in 2008 how mr rudd gave them a loan of 100 million aussie dollars? It would seem they are happy to take our money and are laughing in our faces with regards to things like border sovereignty with their continuing inaction on the people smugglers that operate within their country.

My word mate...Got to the stage where we can't say no or reduce the payments otherwise we may feel threatened.

Bally

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

And stopping the boats is a good thing. Indonesia needs to grow up a bit and get over the whole spying travisty. While 2 wrongs never make a right, i'd put money on the speculation that indonesia spies on us too.

They were just playing on it to leverage popular opinion here and at home in indonesia against us to justify doing nothing about the people smugglers. It's pure dirty political agenda at it's nasty best really
edit on 23-1-2014 by markosity1973 because: stupid tablet keyboard

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Hypocrites at best, spoilt little brats at least...

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Oh - not caught red handed as they were.
No we were dobbed in by a gutless NSA pawn looking for his 15 minutes.
I hope Russia chew him up and spit him out !! Pfft !

Snowdome did nothing to improve anything - he is a big part of the problem. Little sh!tznick !
edit on 23-1-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

hellobruce

muse7
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians?

What American military bases would they be?

you can begin with "pine gap"

That is a joint base....

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

hellobruce

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

hellobruce

muse7
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians?

That is a joint base....

Yeah but THEY are still there. I bet they wont leave.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

And there you have it. Proof that indonesia is no better than us, thanks for that

Whoever broke the latest spying story story should have been charged with the crime of threatening national security. There's freedom of press and then there's risking everyone's safety by throwing petrol on the fire........

edit on 23-1-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I think you're arguing semantics, the US have interests and assets here in Australia, is probably what muse meant to say.

Pine Gap, Echelon, Woomera, JORN, and possibly others that I've forgotten.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

bally001

My word mate...Got to the stage where we can't say no or reduce the payments otherwise we may feel threatened.

Bally

Yeah. We send them money and now they start an arms race. Says a lot about them as a people really doesn't it....

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

crazyewok

hellobruce

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

hellobruce

muse7

That is a joint base....

Yeah but THEY are still there. I bet they wont leave.

Helps pay the foreign aid so they'll be there indefinitely .
edit on 23-1-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

See my Snowdon edit ...

None of his damn business !!

( I am sure we also have shared intel. with Indonesia it's how the world rolls ... )

Ed: Is it an early stage of jihad ? ... Predominantly Muslim - Thinks the Aussies are a soft - outnumbered - close target !??

edit on 23-1-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

markosity1973
Am I the only one that remembers a certain Mr Rudd (remember him, Mr i'm prime minister one minute, next thing I've been shot in the back by my number two, I'll fight until i get back my job again only to lose the election anyway guy?) Saying right before the election that Mr Abbots policies were going to cause problems because Australia's relations with indonesia were actually not that great?

Seems like this little problem had been simmering for a while now. Mr About is just poking the bear with his boat people policies. Not that I am against his ideology, I just think he is pushing his luck with indonesia, who are acting like spoiled brats anyway.

Anyone else remember how at the very beginning of the financial crisis in 2008 how mr rudd gave them a loan of 100 million aussie dollars? It would seem they are happy to take our money and are laughing in our faces with regards to things like border sovereignty with their continuing inaction on the people smugglers that operate within their country.

It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment.

Rudd's plans were really short-sighted. We would have had a regional problem to face in the next 5 - 10 years if we kept on his plan. The likelihood of uprisings happening in Papua New Guinea would have been quite worrying. Not to mention that some of the asylum seekers were just sailing across from Papua New Guinea to Australia anyway.

Abbot's plan i think is more straight-forward. Just give the asylum seekers back to the country who is happy to let them pass right through. Obviously Indonesia isn't going to like that, but hey, it's their problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ed: Is it an early stage of jihad ? ... Predominantly Muslim - Thinks the Aussies are a soft - outnumbered - close target !??

85% Muslims.

[HOW TO STOP ISLAMIC TERRORISTS...... it worked once in our History...

Once in U.S. history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch.

They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.]

If you want to stop the muslims, the best way is to inject all suspected terrorists with pig's blood. Those bombed into pieces will be burnt together with pig carcasses and buried with dog faecal matter. Those in prisons will have their faces covered in soiled women panties

Sounds bad? Sounds terrible? Well, you have to be a terror to deal with terrorists.

Do this, and I GUARANTEE THE TERRORISM WILL COME TO AN ABRUPT STOP.

Make it public, make it known, make every secular government forces adopt this. And I assure you, the muslims will do a 180% turn around and kneel down to you.

But then you will have to handle the arab muslim diplomats who will be pounding on your door forcing you to make apologies.
edit on 23-1-2014 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I couldn't agree more. If people want to come to Australia, let them do it through the proper channels.

I've got nothing against taking in refugees, but once a group of desperate people see a crack in the door, they are all going to try and exploit it. That's why the united nations has camps and processing systems after all - to ensure people in need are stored in an orderly manner.

Jumping on a boat and rocking up to our border is just taking advantage of our good nature really and Indonesia will turn a blind eye to it as long as there if money to be made our of it for them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I did think of that but thank you for the response, the only reason i found it
odd is that i figure the website must consider things such as how modern
the platforms are to rank a nations strength properly.

Maybe it is simply due to simple manpower that they rate them higher as
the tech is a bit dated when compared to the more modern stuffs.

Thank you much for the response.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Yes agreed Australia should stop bending over backwards to please Indonesia!!! I could not believe our current Prime Minister actually apologised to Indonesia for trying to stop our live animal export to them (I mean Australia voted to stop it) and now we are not allowed to turn back their own people back to their country??? Is anyone else finding this strange?

I stay stop all trade with Indonesia immediately - majority of Australians would rejoice.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Invading any of the island continents in the southern hemisphere is a pretty gnarly proposition.

From a sheer hypothetical perspective, whilst I respect the numbers involved in a indonesian invasion, mobilising those units and supplying them over coastland, that once traversed from anywhere north is near on inhospitable unless already built and supplied... entirely outside of indo's capacity.

This is an event charged with political rhetoric.

Lived in perth 27 years, if you can ever make it here, goodluck hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

markosity1973

I couldn't agree more. If people want to come to Australia, let them do it through the proper channels.

I've got nothing against taking in refugees, but once a group of desperate people see a crack in the door, they are all going to try and exploit it. That's why the united nations has camps and processing systems after all - to ensure people in need are stored in an orderly manner.

Jumping on a boat and rocking up to our border is just taking advantage of our good nature really and Indonesia will turn a blind eye to it as long as there if money to be made our of it for them.

Just to add to this post.

A reminder - Australia is a large continent, similar in size and width to the U.S.A. I have flown over both.

I'm sure fellow Aussies that have flown Washington to LAX the States - would agree with this simple comparo.

The States are farmed - right the way across.
I even asked a Hostie "What are the circular markings that I am seeing all over? "

Well I was semi shocked! Australia is a predominantly coastal based Country. With vast tracts of Desert and not much else
between say - Pt. Headland and Sydney, it is not a 'grid' of humanity as I have seen in both Europe and the US.

( The circular markings - " Water management " ) lol !!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

MegaSpace

85% Muslims.

[HOW TO STOP ISLAMIC TERRORISTS...... it worked once in our History...

Once in U.S. history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch.

They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.]

If you want to stop the muslims, the best way is to inject all suspected terrorists with pig's blood. Those bombed into pieces will be burnt together with pig carcasses and buried with dog faecal matter. Those in prisons will have their faces covered in soiled women panties

Sounds bad? Sounds terrible? Well, you have to be a terror to deal with terrorists.

Do this, and I GUARANTEE THE TERRORISM WILL COME TO AN ABRUPT STOP.

Make it public, make it known, make every secular government forces adopt this. And I assure you, the muslims will do a 180% turn around and kneel down to you.

But then you will have to handle the arab muslim diplomats who will be pounding on your door forcing you to make apologies.
edit on 23-1-2014 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

Give me time to ingest this.
Dreams tonight are gonna be EPIC !

Worrying that Tommorows reality will be a little - umm - Further forward -?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join