It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who controls the afterlife?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hells do exist.

This is my opinion based on my experiences, and it also happens to be a fundamental part of virtually all spiritual traditions.

These vistas of reality have been explored thoroughly by all kinds of enlightened masters for longer than our recorded history, and they can get pretty specific.

I do however agree with a lot of other posters that the afterlife can be highly subjective and subject to all kinds of variables.

I have nothing to prove or disprove, just offering my two cents.

Namo Amituofo

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
God might be your answer, but God, if he-she-it exists, seems to simply be, connecting everything but not involved in administrative duties.

So when I ask who controls the afterlife I am also asking who controls the entire system for humans (and maybe animals and plants). Who decides who we will be, our possible fate, our possible karma? Or is it all random?

I guess I'm really asking if it is controlled by angels or aliens? Two ideas that start with the same letter, but quite different in possible meaning. I know I sound like I am rambling, but without the comforter of a religion, I am intensely interested in the answer.

Are we protected? Or are we trapped? What is the wise way to proceed (without a religion to soothe us).

Hi Droid56-

I feel we control where we go not only in this life but after through our understanding and actions. You don't need a certain religion to feel good about who you are and how you do in this life. I think its more a frame of mind that gets you where you want to go. Be happy and try to help others when you can but first and foremost you must have a healthy mind.

When you are laying there about to die and you reflect back to see what you have done do you feel good? Do you feel content that you did a good job? Those answers are different for each person, and I feel that your frame of mind when you pass can determine where you will go. Try and stay positive and don't fall into the many traps that are set.

Don't follow the flock and pay attention to peoples actions around you. Many times we end up falling into a certain frame of mind by the people around us. Pay attention to what people are trying to get you to do or how they are acting. Are you starting to mimic their bad tendencies? What about their good tendencies? Be true to yourself and the rest will follow.

Not sure if that answered your question but I hope it helped a little.

edit on 26-6-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join