It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who controls the afterlife?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Your asking some pretty intriguing questions...

My personal belief is that we already all have the answers and the truth we desire.

This belief comes from years of studying NDE's and my own personal experiences.

The problem as I see it is when we refuse to believe the truth because of the lies all of us have been inundated with.

The 3 films linked below are an excellent source of truth for anyone who is truly interested in it.

"The Perfect Stranger" is based on the novel, 'Dinner With a Perfect Stranger' by David Gregory, 'THE PERFECT STRANGER' tells the story of Nikki, a troubled attorney who one day receives a mysterious dinner invitation from a man claiming to be Jesus of Nazareth. Throughout their evening of conversation, arguments and spirited debate, Nikki learns things she never knew about life, the universe, and most importantly, herself:
(Sequel to this film is here BTW)

"The Encounter" is about five strangers who find themselves stranded at a mysterious diner with a man who somehow has all of the answers to their problems.

Jesus: "That’s the bible. That book has all the wisdom you need for your life. And then sometimes just in the quiet of your spirit you’ll hear me say: this is the way you should go, this is the way you shouldn’t go."

edit on Jan000000Fri, 24 Jan 2014 00:55:15 -060012am31Fri, 24 Jan 2014 00:55:15 -060020145524 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Strayed

alienreality
Christ is the one who has been given the authority over the after life, he holds the keys over death and hell.. It is as simple as that.

Is that right? On who's authority? And who gave the entity that gave them the authority the authority to do so? That's dogmatic indoctrination speaking isn't it? Why have creatures of free will if only to be subordinate to some other sentient entity's ideal or face the punishment of your hell? Ludicrous.

The Father gave the son the authority, and Father is the authority over all. He does not need to receive authority from anyone, and he does not need any help to do anything. I already know and understand this truth, and you have the freewill to believe it or not. The only thing I see that is ludicrous, is your infantile view in understanding. It sounds like your idea of freewill is doing anything you wish, good or bad, and it is okay? Stop lying to yourself. I can see your mind twisting and turning the truth to be what fits your wishes. Your wishes are to hide and keep hidden the alignment of your actions, so that accountability has no hold on you. I hope it works out for you.
Thank you for your time.

Nobody said it was unquestionable. I have asked him lots of questions, and anyone can ask questions. God is not a brick wall, he is waiting for anyone to look for the answers to any question you want to ask him.
edit on 24-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

alienreality

Strayed

alienreality
Christ is the one who has been given the authority over the after life, he holds the keys over death and hell.. It is as simple as that.

Is that right? On who's authority? And who gave the entity that gave them the authority the authority to do so? That's dogmatic indoctrination speaking isn't it? Why have creatures of free will if only to be subordinate to some other sentient entity's ideal or face the punishment of your hell? Ludicrous.

The Father gave the son the authority, and Father is the authority over all. He does not need to receive authority from anyone, and he does not need any help to do anything. I already know and understand this truth, and you have the freewill to believe it or not.

Thank you for your time.

Ah innate unquestionable authority, it must be nice to live in your world. It's not in my nature to be a sheep of your kind of god, but I'm happy you find solace in it friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Oh, it is the Father. I now have faith despite everything else. I get warm and pleasant feelings when I think about the Father. He will protect me, right?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Who cares?
Let me sleep for christsSake.

No more spirituaLDICKswinging contests at my expense.

U don't own me asshole!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

What???

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Strayed

alienreality

Strayed

alienreality

The Father gave the son the authority, and Father is the authority over all. He does not need to receive authority from anyone, and he does not need any help to do anything. I already know and understand this truth, and you have the freewill to believe it or not.

Thank you for your time.

Ah innate unquestionable authority, it must be nice to live in your world. It's not in my nature to be a sheep of your kind of god, but I'm happy you find solace in it friend.

You seem to be twisting everything I have said into a totally different meaning. This is a common pattern that I see when discussing these subjects with all who don't want to believe it.
You can ask him any question, as can anyone. It isn't an issue of unquestionable authority, as it is a learning quest for you and I, unless you think you already know everything, in which case, congratulations to you.

I wash my hands of you now, i.e.; pearls before swine.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can ask him any question. Here is my question. Dear God or Jesus will you send me to an eternity in the very hot hells that you apparently created for all eternity (LONG TIME) because I didn't accept YOU as my personal savior. Even though I helped a lot of people during my life?

Not fair!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well I like Terrence McKenna's words on his last video before his death. He speaks of the eschaton, the end of days, as a singularity, unusual progressive moment and spoke of the idea of evolution/creation the happy accident so many envision, which wouldn't be able to diversify in this period of time. That science is aware of the loop holes in their theories. That there is a divine purpose, or a pathway in which creation/evolution is sped up and by design.

Also, that if you study in little compartmentalized boxes, biology is divided into many specialities, as is every other branch, then there are the humanities, history, mythology, etc. But in reality, dots connect when you share information from a variety of fields. That the overall theme we have, of being pushed from behind, each moment propelled by the decisions of the past, evolving into the next is all wrong.

That we are not pushed from behind, there isn't enough time for this to take place.

That we are all racing towards the eschaton, being pulled from ahead, by those BEYOND IT, the true designers. Those who have already passed this level in the infinite realms and infinite possibilities, in infinity, yet no time.

I've taken a few of his key ideas and fleshed it out with my understanding. His use of the world eschaton was interesting and the concept of being pulled from beyond that singularity, from the "future" or from ahead, not pushed from behind is a key idea that is pivotal.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

alienreality
The Father gave the son the authority, and Father is the authority over all. He does not need to receive authority from anyone, and he does not need any help to do anything. I already know and understand this truth, and you have the freewill to believe it or not. The only thing I see that is ludicrous, is your infantile view in understanding. It sounds like your idea of freewill is doing anything you wish, good or bad, and it is okay? Stop lying to yourself. I can see your mind twisting and turning the truth to be what fits your wishes. Your wishes are to hide and keep hidden the alignment of your actions, so that accountability has no hold on you. I hope it works out for you.
Thank you for your time.

Nobody said it was unquestionable. I have asked him lots of questions, and anyone can ask questions. God is not a brick wall, he is waiting for anyone to look for the answers to any question you want to ask him.

alienreality
You seem to be twisting everything I have said into a totally different meaning. This is a common pattern that I see when discussing these subjects with all who don't want to believe it.
You can ask him any question, as can anyone. It isn't an issue of unquestionable authority, as it is a learning quest for you and I, unless you think you already know everything, in which case, congratulations to you.

There is no twisting, what you seem to call twisting is calling a spade a spade and choosing not to accept it (while commenting on genuinely being happy for your ability to accept such a thing as I did in my post).

alienreality

This above reeked of knowing everything to me along with your simple response that the authority was granted by a Father:

alienreality
Father is the authority over all. He does not need to receive authority from anyone, and he does not need any help to do anything.

Which is where I derived the simple thing you stated that this Father has innate -unquestionable authority-. You assume my viewpoint is based in fear of accountability of my actions? Why? I wish nothing but good things for what I see as good people, seek to help when I can and sometimes when I cannot, I am considerate to a personal fault, have a strong view of true morality and my actual actions with people reflect this.

The fact is I believed in your god when I was a child and based on that view if I was cowardly and in fear of accountability for my actions I would welcome the idea of your god as popularly presented today. My view infantile? I choose to think instead of blindly accept doctrine… this is infantile? My view is one of curiosity and reason. My wishes? To be free, for everyone to be free. What to do with this freedom? Walk your own path, as simple as that.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

If the soul exists then your afterlife will be controlled by you. Dogma and religion is what has created controls those things are from the imagination of man.

There are no dictators in the afterlife there is no authority. What you choose to experience or become is up to you. Everything you need to know you will already know.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Everyone instinctively knows that it is 'unfair' if they treat people differently to how they 'expect' to be treated. Unfortunately for some people it takes a toll when they are not respected and they can feel internally justified to turn a 'blind eye' to their own moral compass.
There is only one way to proceed viably and that is to remove the 'masks' that that people have hidden behind. If people are ashamed of their own creation and feel the need to justify themselves to others, then that is a good sign they are heading in an unfavorable direction.

edit on 24-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Very good and I'll be back...have to play in the Ausi Open tonight...as The Spirit Force!...The Real difference maker, as to Spiritual Imteraction, of which both God and evil enter us all, as to influrmnce us all, as to how we think, but not act, as it is we that can enter another Spirit Being to interact/thus the hereafter is as real as real can and or does get...believe, I xan prove we all are Spirit Beings and or Living Ghost...that will never die, but live for all eternity.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

TheSpiritForce1

Very good and I'll be back...have to play in the Ausi Open tonight...as The Spirit Force!...The Real difference maker, as to Spiritual Imteraction, of which both God and evil enter us all, as to influrmnce us all, as to how we think, but not act, as it is we that can enter another Spirit Being to interact/thus the hereafter is as real as real can and or does get...believe, I xan prove we all are Spirit Beings and or Living Ghost...that will never die, but live for all eternity.

How are you going to prove to others unless you die and come back with your complete memories in the same or a different vessel?
Let us look at the "afterlife". Why do you suppose it is called the afterlife if it is the same as life? Do you think if people could just come back from death they would have by now. Please tell me from your own words what you think is going to happen to you when you die as I am bit short on entertainment tonight?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
Do you think if people could just come back from death they would have by now.

Correct...

FYI, Jesus already took care of that problem.

Be careful what you ask for.

Remember what happened to a certain disciple who asked for proof?

Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" ~ John 11:25

It's what is known as the "Lazarus Phenomenon":

The Raising of Lazarus

Jesus, intensely moved again, came to the tomb. (Now it was a cave, and a stone was placed across it.) Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, replied, “Lord, by this time the body will have a bad smell, because he has been buried four days.” Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that if you believe, you would see the glory of God?”

So they took away the stone. Jesus looked upward and said, “Father, I thank you that you have listened to me. I knew that you always listen to me, but I said this for the sake of the crowd standing around here, that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said this, he shouted in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The one who had died came out, his feet and hands tied up with strips of cloth, and a cloth wrapped around his face. Jesus said to them, “Unwrap him and let him go.”

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I had four near death experiences its probably for the best i wont answer whom controls the afterlife no one would still believe even after all those 17 years.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Strayed

alienreality

I don't think it's that strange to think of some advanced maybe alien being to teach a man who was able to learn due to his spiritual development who could act as an ambassador to heaven. The advanced being could continue visiting worlds in distress and teach those who can learn, since the universe is infinitely big. Or if everyone is provided for they could focus on a few worlds and it might be ours is not that bad so it doesn't need their attention.

Free will is great but options to choose must be learned first. If no one knows it can be very difficult to imagine them all out of one's own accord. I believe each should build their own heaven. And if someone can accelerate that because he already has a tried and tested heaven then why try to invent the wheel again.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Monsterenergy791
reply to post by TheSpiritForce1

I don't believe in religions and think none of them are "correct" (however Zen Buddhism is appealing to me), however that being said, I lean more in favor of believing we are eternal beings with some kind of spiritual force. I like some of what you said, even with your large overuse of commas, but I don't like using the word God or Satan or afterlife, because words and language itself is naturally restricting. Trying to describe metaphysical topics with just words doesn't do it justice, just like you can't describe a psychedelic trip, especially dmt with our language.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Monsterenergy791 because: lowercased "dmt", wasn't coming our right uppercased

Well, there is pretty much lots of evidence this all is by creation, as from what's been learned from Fibonacci Sequence and Golden Ratio. Here is just but one site that tries to explain, Using The Golden Ratio to Calculate Fibonacci Numbers, which when you see this and understand it...it clearly shows this all is by creation. But, you be the judge and do read up on this and try your best to understand it and do yourself and great service by doing so, as you too will begin to see the magnificent in this God's creation.

Have a look see here, in this URL I've placed here for you, but as I said, there are many sites that try and explain it all for you.

www.mathsisfun.com...

So, in that regards, I am afraid you will have to go along with what just about if not all religions say and or believe in, as in some kind of life after our death and most if not all, again...you will also find just about all religions believe in it's about this 3 days where their God/Jesus/whomever they believe has come back to life and then ascends into some kind of heaven or hell like into the hereafter of afterlife if you will...but what's strange to me, in all this...other than they all believe in the 3 day thing, is it seems everyone has a chance to be saved, as to believe in even their own religion where they all seem to tell of a life after death and you'd better be good in this one to get in the good one when you pass over to the other side, as basically they are all the same when it comes to that, but look it up and do the research, as I have on it all...or lots of it anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

TheSpiritForce1

How are you going to prove to others unless you die and come back with your complete memories in the same or a different vessel?
Let us look at the "afterlife". Why do you suppose it is called the afterlife if it is the same as life? Do you think if people could just come back from death they would have by now. Please tell me from your own words what you think is going to happen to you when you die as I am bit short on entertainment tonight?

Well, I am so glad to provide you with some entertainment tonight, as I said I can prove we are A Spirit Being and or A Living Ghost if you will but also I can prove we are the only things even here, as we know all of matter is void of anything, so when you say come back in some vessel or body...that would be impossible because as we now know there is no just thing as a body or vessel, as that too in no more than mere matter of which we now know is not even here, as it all just inside your head, as to even whatever you think you see, hear, touch, taste and or smell, as these are no more than vibrations of energy turned into electrical signals going to God knows where making up everything you think you see, hear, touch, taste and smell, as I'll just use one of your 5 senses, as in Touch, as you see and or may know...you never ever really ever touch anything, as everything never touches anything, as it all is just energy pushing back on energy, but when you break down any Atom, that makes up everything you think is out there, but it's not, as it's not at all, every Atom is void of anything, as THERE IS NOTHING THERE, it's all just but an illusion, as we all are playing in this "The Game of Life" whereas you have but only in the blink of an eye to get this all right, as in comparison to our earth's life's span of some 4.5 Billion years old now and we live in these days now only about 80 to 90 years old on average.

So, we all are A Spirit Being and the only thing that can, in fact, be even proven, as I've said, we are A Spirit Force of Energy, as we all have to be and are, as made in God's image, as God is The Great Spirit Force of All Energy and the very vibrating invisible middle of every Atom that even holds them all from flying apart, as He does and has made everything into His creation whereas He can know if YOU really love Him or not, as He has placed evil/Satan here to temp us into being bad, being wrong, doing bad and the doing of wrong...whereas God speaks to us, as with, as within us all to be good, be right, do good and the doing of right, as in who you listen to is who you are and or will become and even in this life time as well, as to an animalistic in nature like life or in an Angelistic like in Nature like life, as there are 2 other dimensions here other than this one in the middle you think is the only one...trust me when I say, there are 2 more dimensions you can enter and become apart of as they say 97% of all movie and rock stars have sold their souls to evil/Satan and it's true, just ask Bod Dylan he will tell you he did.

Wake up...this all is by creation and we are the only things even here, as God test us all, as to your love for Him or not...WAKE UP and stop listening to evil/Satan of whom is speaking to you right now and says, don't listen to this nor believe it...there is nothing to you being A provable Spirit Being and or Living Ghost...nothing, don't believe and you will lose in this The Game of Life!

Now, why don't you and evil provide me with some non-entertainment of how you don't believe in life after death, as with God, who so loves you and wants YOU for all eternity to come, as in heaven with, as within Him, as He will be with, as within YOU, as He can be right now...if you will but only believe, as in who shall ever believe in Him shall live...for all eternity.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Since I have an undying belief that God is Love, it is my understanding that Love and Light "control" the afterlife. Control is such a human term and I don't believe that control exists in the afterlife. It is something much more loving than control. Everything that is done is for the betterment of your soul.

As I believe that Earth is a kind of Limbo, when you die and you did not learn the lessons you were supposed to learn the first time, you must come back to learn them again a second time. Perhaps this explains Deja-vu?

Until you learn your lessons and understand love, you must repeat your existence on this Earth.

At least that is what my tiny human brain believes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join