It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Peek Behind The Curtain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So, the Army is going to send out robots to 'kill the enemy.' Another step towards the use of a vanilla flavored device that may, or maybe NOT, be restricted to the battlefield. Weren't the drones only going to be used in clearly defined combat zones? Weren't tazers only going to be used as an alternative to lethal force?

How long before some genius decides: "Hey ... we can just put a policeman's uniform on this frame and have it patrol the streets of Hometown, USA. And ... oh brilliant ... I bet the Brits and Aussies and Chinese would buy these by the boatload!! And ... we can build 'em right here in the Good Ole US of A (until they're used to 'em ... then it's same ol' same ol' cheap labor).

Cash-strapped and somewhat adrift in terms of missions, the U.S. Army is in the midst of an existential crisis. Once ballooning in budget and size, the Army now says it wants to be "a smaller, more lethal, deployable, and agile force." And it's going to need robots to do it right.

General Robert Cone, head of the Army's Training and Doctrine Command, spoke about the future of the service at the Army Aviation Symposium last week. Faced with sequestration cuts, the Army is thinking about cutting the size of a brigade from 4,000 to 3,000 soldiers. It would fill the gap with robots and other unmanned systems.

Reports indicate that the Army will shrink from its current size of 540,000 soldiers to just 420,000 in the next five years. But replacing all those soldiers with drones won't be an easy task. After its finally developed the right technology—and you know DARPA's working hard on it—then the Army has the terrible task of convincing the public that it's okay to kill people with robots. Of course, we've been doing that for years, though, haven't we?
Source
I don't know about you ATS, but I'm tired of hidden agendas. Do you remember the military vehicle patrols after the Boston bombing? Have you seen how militarized our police forces look in their riot gear or carrying M4 assault rifles on our streets? Can you see the next steps coming as clearly as I can?
edit on 2312014 by Snarl because: Sourced ... LOL ... And added a cool picture

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I know you are emotionally intense right now, but you need to cite your sources so I can get emotionally intense too.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a while back i saw the video of PETMAN
harmless enough..
bipedal robot walking along a treadmill..

..decked out in camoflague

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Umm.........just stand behind it with a pair of bolt cutters?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yes, well funny Robo Cop 2014 is comming out. Yeah I guess we could make them pretty with national colours too.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am not worried much about robots.

Hopefully Anonymous can hack them to take out the ELites..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

13th Zodiac
reply to post by Snarl

Yes, well funny Robo Cop 2014 is comming out. Yeah I guess we could make them pretty with national colours too.

LOL ... Hollywood leading the charge on social conditioning? I can just imagine the Posse Comitatus forum a decade or two from now.

Moves off to search the Dreams & Predictions forum.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Snarl

13th Zodiac
reply to post by Snarl

LOL ... Hollywood leading the charge on social conditioning? I can just imagine the Posse Comitatus forum a decade or two from now.

Moves off to search the Dreams & Predictions forum.

A decade or two?

Pfft, at the rate of insanity by 'ol Uncle Sam, we will see these by the end of the DECADE on our streets. It didn't take them long to get those ol UAVs up there, did it?

Creepy thoughts tho.. /shudder

new topics

top topics

join