It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in a movie? Is all the world a stage?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm reflecting on an idea that I once had that, besides being bent, light must flash as it hits the Earth's atmosphere; causing a camera like effect in nature. It happens so fast that we don't realize it but there must be some type of flashing effect like how motion film is made.

I'm not talking a simulated universe as some have proposed here on ATS and elsewhere. I do hold firm to the belief that we are being watched from afar by someone, however, what if we are merely someone's entertainment. What if "All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...?"

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the universe is a stage where the mind dances with the body guided by the heart.

~yogi tea

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

A great song from my favorite band! someone link it please!!! Who do you think writes the script? lights and sound? and whom would be the director??? but the most important question....when is the damn commercial?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I thought of it too but if I were a character I would just be a background character

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I think most of us are just background characters.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

i bloody hope not!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hmmmm there are various events and people that make an interesting movie usually political leaders, lovers, action heroes such firemen, soldiers, and policemen, ghosts, criminals, and even ordinary people who did extraordinary things.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Beavers

i bloody hope not!

I mean background actors in the sense that not many of us really know what's going on in the world. It's a strange world we live in.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Truman show...while you are entertaining this idea of the world being a stage...look up some of the moon oddities and wonder whose watching and from where??

I personally believe things are fractal and all human creations are duplicated creations of the universe...including entertainment, stories, movies etc...Carl Jung talked of the heroes journey and how to interpret our lives into segments of a journey...a journey that would make for some great "watching" by "someone"

Couple this in with the all seeing "eye" and well at the very least we know the NSA is watching...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well I believe its a simulated reality.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Its a plasma screen we're all submerged in, constructed out of, connected by. But that's just the props and the psuedo material reality. Spirit is another matter.

This is not for anyone's enjoyment. No one enjoys watching suffering, they are overwhelmed by the auric stench and pain and sorrow and suffering here. No one ever wants their loved ones, and friends/family to suffer, or fall further into error and self harm or harm of others. We are a Loving Good Family.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

you are the hero of 'your story'

peace

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Unity_99
This is not for anyone's enjoyment. No one enjoys watching suffering, they are overwhelmed by the auric stench and pain and sorrow and suffering here. No one ever wants their loved ones, and friends/family to suffer, or fall further into error and self harm or harm of others. We are a Loving Good Family.

No one enjoys watching suffering, failure, etc...but they sure do love triumph, success, and the eventual "righting" of "wrongs"...

How do you get one without the other? much like an equation...you remove failure, suffering, wronging, etc you consequently remove the derivatives of that...such as triumph, success, vindication, righting etc etc...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This is the facts of it...we all are living in an illusion, as all of matter is void of anything, as there is nothing even here, but only one thing and only one thing that can, in fact, be proven, as in US. Us as A Spirit Being & or Living Ghost, if you will and all have to be playing in this "The Game of Life" whereas you will be a winner or a loser if you don't get it right, as in only this a blink of an eye to get it right, as in comparison to earth's life's span of something like 4.5 Billion years old now, as from what that created US created this universe in God's creation...and the fact is we all are made in His image, as He is The Great Spirit Force of All Energy and the very invisible vibrating middle of every Atom that holds them all from flying apart from their own solar like systems.

Yes, it's true...You are A Spirit Being because you are A Spirit Force of Energy that can, in fact, be measured, as all Energy can be either transformed, manipulated and or and this is the big one...combined, as to make for a greater or even a lesser form of Energy...thus & therefore the real proof of who we all really are, as made in God's image, as A Spirit Being, as we know and try to remember...All of matter is void of anything at all...NOTHING, there is NOTHING HERE, but US, as in the only thing that can even be proven because, as I said, we all are A Spirit Being of A Force of Energy that can be measured outside of US, as in the only thing out there of what you think is out there that can be proven to be out there and not just in your mind where everything you see, hear, touch, taste and smell are no more than vibrations of Energy turned into electrical signals going to your brain making up everything you think you see, hear, touch, taste and smell out there, but it's not out there, as it all is inside your head, but there is something out there and that something is US, as the only thing that can, in fact, be proven to be out there, as A Spirit Force of Energy that can be combined to make for a greater or even lesser form of Energy, as I have not only devised away, but many of many ways that do, in fact, prove it, as in proving it all.

Yes, we all are playing in this "The Game of Life" whereas God can know whether or not you love Him or not, as He has placed evil/Satan here as to temp US into being and doing bad and wrong things we know that are bad and wrong things, as we all know how to be good, be right, do good and the doing of right...whereas evil would have you be wrong, do wrong, be bad and the doing of bad, as you see and or may know if you don't...both God and evil/Satan speak to US all, as to with, as within US, as in our Spiritual connection which makes it possible for Spirit Interaction in and of which we too can Spiritually Interact with, as within other Spirit Beings such as ourselves, as Spirit Beings all capable because we all are made in God's image of Spirit Beings capable of Spirit Interaction, as He does, as well, as evil too, in and of which also proves who we all are, as this all can be proven, as I've said, I have many ways that do prove it all! Ron

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpiritForce1

Oh! Also, you can prove it for yourself, as to know that both God & His Angels & evll/Satan & it's Angels speak to you and US all.

As you can, if you'd like to really know and be sure, as you can be, as to take my "24 Hour Test of Disernment" whereas you will begin to know that both God and evil are speaking to you, all the time and of what you didn't even know that just how much they actually do and are speaking to you all the time, as to be good, be right, do good and the doing of right...wheras evil speaks to you to be bad, do bad, be wrong, and the doing of wrong, as you will begin, over time, to know and truely, even, be amazed at just how much they are speaking to you that you didn't even know that they were and are.

It really works, as I have had people tell me..."I had no idea that evil was speaking to me so much, as to slip things into me like...go ahead, everyone is doing it...or...no one will know...and so on."

That's if...If you are interested and really want to know...I'll post it here for everyone to know. Other than that I'll not post it, as most seem to not even care or are so mixed up I don't think maybe they could even get the simple of the simple, as it is pretty simple in how I present it and make it work for you, as it does and or will, as for you to really know.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
We're living in a "virtual reality".

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well, lets see. Thats like living in your home, creating beauty, and having a peaceful decent life, someone shows up and forces trauma, saying, hey you guys can't appreciate the good thing you have going unless we drive it home by some torture?

I can tell you right now its not there to make the other stand out, its there in AI promptings as a test, only on these levels and only because a group of souls got so misguided they started accepting error.

No one is naturally from this level. This is a fall in consciousness and unfortunately in the lower realms, some pretty distorted thinkers are managing things, thinking its all a harsh testing ground. Never was meant to be. Thats just a state of error and illness in spirit/consciousness.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sly1one

Unity_99

No one enjoys watching suffering, failure, etc...but they sure do love triumph, success, and the eventual "righting" of "wrongs"...

How do you get one without the other? much like an equation...you remove failure, suffering, wronging, etc you consequently remove the derivatives of that...such as triumph, success, vindication, righting etc etc...

I agree. My own opinion is the same thing which allows for beauty and love and wonder also allows for evil and ugliness and all of the foul things.

I think it all stems from separation which breeds ignorance and difference, knowingly or unknowingly. Whether it's the speed of light limitation or something else, the whole idea is there's a goo between everything in the universe and it keeps things apart on a temporal and spatial level. And then there's quantum fluctuations which I've read prevent perfect predictions of the future. So we're in fact not in full control of our environment and are vulnerable to it.

We can never know everything about something. We can never make perfect choices. We're thus only able to do the right thing sometimes. I guess the distinction we make is if a person does the wrong thing knowingly, as opposed to unknowingly. Yet Hitler probably thought he was doing the right thing. How many murderers in history thought they were doing the right thing? When extremist muslims execute a homosexual they think they're doing the right thing. And so judging a wrong somebody has done solely on whether they knew it was wrong or not is not easy to do because a lot of conflict will slip through unabated.

This universe places us into situations where we frequently have to make quick decisions. These decisions will not be perfect. We will make mistakes. And as I've said even if we had more time we still couldn't make perfect decisions.

My opinion is if we can't judge a lower lifeform as being evil or good - like a bug or bacterium - then we ourselves probably can't be judged as such either. Yet we still must provide justice for our population. We still must define evil and hunt it. We still must try to make the right decisions. Because what it all boils down to is even though no one is an angel, doing the right thing is usually beneficial. So I refrain from giving evil and good divine status, but they're still useful.

I think about it this way.... If we all stole from each other than who'd produce the food and clean water and so on? If we all murdered then who'd watch after the children? If we all lied to increase our power then where would the trustworthy people be who wield power? If no one helped anyone else then there'd be a lot of needless death and misery that'd weigh society down and yet all anyone had to do was lift their gaze and lend a hand to someone in need.

Doing the right thing doesn't always produce an outcome we favor. For example, if you're stuck in a basement with a couple dozen others and your baby starts crying and there're nazi's outside hunting for you, do you risk suffocating the baby to keep it quiet to save everybody in the house? Is it right to do nothing and allow everybody to essentially be killed? Or what if it was a cat making the noise? Do you kill the cat? Some might kill it, but what about a human baby? There're so many other situations others have thought up that show right and wrong are not always clear and they can sometimes be confused with each other.
edit on 23-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpiritForce1

I see that you are well versed in this subject. Thank you very much for your contribution to this thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yes indeed!

Prospero:
Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,