It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

climate scientists “turns a 90 year cooling trend into a warming trend"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I don't think this is real. Sea levels are rising because glaciers are melting, and just to be a bit of a killjoy but that only happens when temps rise OR snow pack is lower year after year. Personally I lean to warmer temps that are melting glaciers.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I see this all the time. A lot of academics are basically grant bludgers.

They have zero accountability. Unlike other trades, and even get to keep their "expert" status even if they are proven 100% wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would bet my left testicle there was a thread here ~3-5 years ago where a member found the data (IIRC his passion was weather stuff, so he was just doing historical research). I also remember that he had a blog about it as well.

But anyhoo, he had transcribed the data in to his own work year by year. One visit he realized that the each year the data was being nudged.
The older data nudged down, the newer data nudged up. Creates a more dramatic warming trend.

If anyone can find that thread, I'll give you a free year's subscription to 9gag.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I think you are recalling PuterMan's wonderful thread 1880 IS getting colder!

If that is the thread you had in mind, I'm glad I was of help. I don't need a subscription to a site.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Every real scientists knows that weather is effected by sun spots, solar cycles, and galactic dusts which effects the sun spots. In turn the Sun effects the weather on Earth depending on it's solar activity.

The CO2 bs all bogus junk science devised to implement carbon tax scam.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yes NGale, that's it!

9gag is free anyways

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I am not sure if it was or was not... that is if "that data was homogenized" This is one reason I posted the article... what I do know is that our sun accounts for much of the weather here on earth. there are other forces acting on earth besides the visible light spectrum. I see solar activity as one of the reasons we have climate change. Any study that knowingly leaves out data is not a complete study. The changing solar activity effects our climate and atmosphere much more than man. I know there is some effect of man but I do not agree that we are the driving force behind climate change of global warming.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Mars is warming too ... am I supposed to blindly believe the "scientists" when one ... their model is way wrong? or the fact that planets in our solar system in general have seen an increase of temps?

but hey ... I am sorry to ask the question .... I don't follow threads much once I start them except to look at the information given .....

so, troll on

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh, since I didn't see it .... take a hike ... I don't know why people have to act like a jackass and troll in any discussion ....tough # for you ......

first rule of trolling .... insult poster .....

then why should anyone even bother to read what you post?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Mars is warming too

The evidence for this claim? Please?

their model is way wrong?
Which model? There are dozens and they look at different aspects of climate. Which one, specifically, is "way wrong?"

Climate models have continued to be developed and improved since the AR4, and many models have been extended into Earth System models by including the representation of biogeochemical cycles important to climate change.

www.climatechange2013.org...

or the fact that planets in our solar system in general have seen an increase of temps?
Which planets?
All of them? Some of them? How far into the past do our records of global temperatures on other planets extend? You know a "year" on Pluto lasts 248 Earth years, right? That sort of makes for a long "winter" but it does have to end some time.

edit on 1/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yo Phage, Pluto isn't a planet. All your argument is now invalid.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by Kali74

Oh, since I didn't see it .... take a hike ... I don't know why people have to act like a jackass and troll in any discussion ....tough # for you ......

first rule of trolling .... insult poster .....

then why should anyone even bother to read what you post?

How did I insult you? I disagree with your OP and offer facts as to why and that is trolling? Interesting definitions there.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You believe that Mars is warming ( which is explained by its Orbit) on a planet where we have no thermometers, but all the data collected here on earth is bunk because you want it to be.

In a nutshell : I will believe anything, no matter how counter intuitive it is, than to believe what is obvious.

BTW, discrediting your bunk isn't trolling.

And if all the planets in the solar system were heating, especially Neptune or Jupiter, than the Earth would be jerky. A fried ball of dirt. Any idea how far away Neptune is?

Methinks you don't or you wouldn't off silliness like this up as an argument.
edit on 27-1-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join