It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell on Earth! Uranium: The DEMON that Threatens Us All, Hail Mary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Coming to a theater near you..
Uranium: the Demon Metal That Threatens Us All

At the beginning of time there was created the evil spirit Uranium, which deformed children and killed their parents with horrible diseases. Mungu (God) fought with the demon and trapped his power throughout the earth in the ground, tied into the rocks.

“Now greedy men wish to free the demon to use his powers to make money, but the effects will be terrible and you must not allow it."

www.counterpunch.org...

Executive Producer: Bankster Queen Mary (and likely her elite royal bankster families)

Hail Mary, the CEO of modern global warfare, operation after operation of devastation. Agent Orange, Operation Whitecoat, ProjectMKUltra, Atomic Veterans, White Phosphorus.. Depleted Uranium!

www.globalresearch.ca...

Depleted Uranium Contamination: A Crime against Humanity

Depleted Uranium encased bombs that have been used since 1991 by US and NATO forces. These weapons were used in Gulf War 1 against Iraq, then in the Balkans and later, after 9/11 events, in Afghanistan, Iraq, North Africa, Libya and now being used in Drone bombings in Pakistan.

‘Depleted Uranium’ has nothing depleted about it: when this hard metal hits a solid surface like concrete or a battle tank, the temperature at the point of impact reaches over 40000C and turns the projectile into uranium oxide gases picked up by the wind and carried all over the world creating vast areas of secondary contamination. Based on the population within the contamination map over 35% of India’s population received a heavy dosing of DU aerosolized uranium nano particles within months of the start of Afghan and Iraq wars. Where next?

How America Nukes Its Own Troops
The Horrible Truth About U.S. Military's Use of Depleted Uranium

U.S. and British troops deployed to the area are the walking dead. Humans and animals, friends and foes in the fallout zone are destined to a long downhill spiral of chronic illness and disability. Kidney dysfunction, lung damage, bloody stools, extreme fatigue, joint pain, unsteady gait, memory loss and rashes, and ultimately, cancer and premature death await those exposed to DU.

Award-winning journalist Will Thomas wrote: "As the last Gulf conflict so savagely demonstrated, GI immune systems reeling from multiple doses of experimental vaccines offer little defense against further exposure to chemical weapons, industrial toxins, stress, caffeine, insect repellent and radiation left over from the last war. This is a war even the victors will lose."

U.S. Vision of a Nuclear Planet

Shortly after 9-11, the U.S. announced it would stockpile tactical nuclear weapons including small neutron bombs, nuclear mines and shells suited to commando warfare in Afghanistan.

Describing the Pentagon's B-61-11 burrowing nuke bomb, George Smith writes in the Village Voice: "Built ram tough with a heavy metal casing for smashing through the earth and concrete, the B-61 explodes with the force of an estimated 340,000 tons of TNT".

edit on 22-1-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thank you for this good thread.

Leuren Moret: USA, UK Monarchy behind Fukushima radiation genocide

Its genocide and an all out nuclear war on the people. And this video names names in great depth, its really eye opening.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this subject up. Every war zone since the early 90s has been horrifically irradiated with DU munitions. The local people that survived and went on to have children with heartbreaking birth defects are a testament to this fact. The pictures I have seen haunted me for months afterward.

The queen and her precious uranium mines have death and destruction on her hands, but apparently it doesn't disturb her one bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

gardener

Coming to a theater near you..
Uranium: the Demon Metal That Threatens Us All

At the beginning of time there was created the evil spirit Uranium, which deformed children and killed their parents with horrible diseases. Mungu (God) fought with the demon and trapped his power throughout the earth in the ground, tied into the rocks.

“Now greedy men wish to free the demon to use his powers to make money, but the effects will be terrible and you must not allow it.

I like the way the subject is presented as a battle against forces of good and evil. As for the rest of the topic, very interesting read.

Thank you for providing the information I had never read about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
Thank you for bringing this subject up. Every war zone since the early 90s has been horrifically irradiated with DU munitions. The local people that survived and went on to have children with heartbreaking birth defects are a testament to this fact. The pictures I have seen haunted me for months afterward.

The queen and her precious uranium mines have death and destruction on her hands, but apparently it doesn't disturb her one bit.

Turns out not all the munitions use 'depleted' uranium. Apparently some have contained enriched bomb-grade uranium.

I know what you mean about the DU deformed baby pictures. They're the stuff of nightmares. I wonder what the babies being born to US veterans look like...

Anyone who thinks DU is no big deal, I DARE you to do a search on depleted uranium babies. Have a bucket handy.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

gardener
‘Depleted Uranium’ has nothing depleted about it: when this hard metal hits a solid surface like concrete or a battle tank, the temperature at the point of impact reaches over 40000C and turns the projectile into uranium oxide gases...

Sure it is. It's depleted of U235. It's nearly pure U238. That's the depleted part. Not having the U235 isotope doesn't change the fact that it's pyrophoric. That part is not "nuclear", it's chemical.

Humans and animals, friends and foes in the fallout zone are destined to a long downhill spiral of chronic illness and disability...

It's not fallout. Fallout refers to material that has been made radioactive by secondary activation after having been sucked through the fireball of a nuclear weapon. DU is not a nuclear weapon, and has no 'fallout'. It is not very radioactive. The reason it makes you sick is that it's a toxic heavy metal.

Shortly after 9-11, the U.S. announced it would stockpile tactical nuclear weapons including small neutron bombs, nuclear mines and shells suited to commando warfare in Afghanistan...

Horsecrap. There aren't any small neutron bombs - you have to have a fullbore thermonuke, there's a minimum size to fire the secondary. And we don't officially stock them anymore. So I sincerely doubt "it was announced". Same with nuclear mines and shells. Don't make 'em, haven't for decades.

Describing the Pentagon's B-61-11 burrowing nuke bomb, George Smith writes in the Village Voice: "Built ram tough with a heavy metal casing for smashing through the earth and concrete, the B-61 explodes with the force of an estimated 340,000 tons of TNT".

B-61 is a good design.

edit on 22-1-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

signalfire
Turns out not all the munitions use 'depleted' uranium. Apparently some have contained enriched bomb-grade uranium.

Why? Why would you use unbelievably expensive bomb alloy on a non-nuclear weapon? Citation needed.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Bedlam's classic rebuttal to DU's dangers is a classic example of the mentality only an arrogant country that already dropped nukes on another, and its arrogant citizens, would stoop to:

Bedlam
Sure it is. It's depleted of U235. It's nearly pure U238. That's the depleted part. Not having the U235 isotope doesn't change the fact that it's pyrophoric. That part is not "nuclear", it's chemical.

1: Notice the immediate comparison to nuclear. No one mentioned it being nuclear here, yet there it is, the argument that its not nuclear.

It's not fallout. Fallout refers to material that has been made radioactive by secondary activation after having been sucked through the fireball of a nuclear weapon. DU is not a nuclear weapon, and has no 'fallout'. It is not very radioactive. The reason it makes you sick is that it's a toxic heavy metal.

2: Assigning "nuclear" fallout to fallout. And reiterating DU is not a nuclear weapon (DUh!) Now why do I doubt this guy goes around telling scientists, journalist who write "radioactive fallout" or "nuclear fallout" that they are being redundant, that they should just say "fallout"?
A non-arrogant would admit a toxic chemical raining down upon civilization could indeed be termed a DU fallout =D

Horsecrap. There aren't any small neutron bombs - you have to have a fullbore thermonuke, there's a minimum size to fire the secondary. And we don't officially stock them anymore. So I sincerely doubt "it was announced". Same with nuclear mines and shells. Don't make 'em, haven't for decades.

3: Talking on behalf of the entire bloody shadow government! How humble.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

They only way to put an end to this is by supporting Thorium.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Care to provide any links for any of the information you presented? I mean, OP did kindly enough so. Without any links, this is nothing more than your opinion, and spare me your position of authority fallacy, your opinion is nothing more than exposition without providing any sources when what you're arguing against does.

In lay terms, Mr. Armchair expert, care to address any of the links presented? Since you're so knowledged on the subject, educate those who are ignorant of the matter.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

gardener
Bedlam's classic rebuttal to DU's dangers is a classic example of the mentality only an arrogant country that already dropped nukes on another, and its arrogant citizens, would stoop to:

1: Notice the immediate comparison to nuclear. No one mentioned it being nuclear here, yet there it is, the argument that its not nuclear.

"America nukes its troops". "Atomic veterans". You're all over it, gardener. It's not an argument, it's the truth.

2: Assigning "nuclear" fallout to fallout. And reiterating DU is not a nuclear weapon (DUh!) Now why do I doubt this guy goes around telling scientists, journalist who write "radioactive fallout" or "nuclear fallout" that they are being redundant, that they should just say "fallout"?
A non-arrogant would admit a toxic chemical raining down upon civilization could indeed be termed a DU fallout =D

You could call it effluvia, too, and it would be as incorrect. "Fallout" is a term with a specific meaning. You want to co-opt that meaning to DU, so that you can arrogate nuclear effects to it whilst pretending you're not. Your very examples give it away - radioactive fallout, nuclear fallout. If "fallout" didn't have a nuclear subtext, you'd have used a different word. Stop trying to pretend you're not making the association intentionally.

3: Talking on behalf of the entire bloody shadow government! How humble.

Talking with no information to base the talk on. How ignorant. Atomic mines? You're seriously stating that the government says they are preparing to use nuclear mines, artillery shells and "small neutron bombs" in Afghanistan. Source?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Bedlam

signalfire

Why? Why would you use unbelievably expensive bomb alloy on a non-nuclear weapon? Citation needed.

Because its whispered about that "The Ark of the Covenant" actually contained radioactive Uranium (from UR). Would that be to your understanding a psycholgical weapon of the mind? Its being carried about as a threat, or potencial contamination or both?
edit on 23-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

awesome fantasy representation!!!

i like it when those 'evil materials' are represented as forbidden weapons, ancient demons, evil gods, dragons, titans.
that small story reminds me of the metal demon azazel, he is also trapped in dudael (?? i cant remember)

peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

So instead of correcting terminology or diverting the topic away from the stated issue in the OP, why not contribute your thoughts to the shelf life of DU dust in the soil or the bodies who ingest it and the offspring who come after? Or is that not part of your directive?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

signalfire

I know what you mean about the DU deformed baby pictures. They're the stuff of nightmares. I wonder what the babies being born to US veterans look like...

Anyone who thinks DU is no big deal, I DARE you to do a search on depleted uranium babies. Have a bucket handy.

OMG (as bad as I hate typing that it's the only thing that fits here)... I have never researched uranium before so went digging after this and to state that you were right is the understatement of the year.
That is one of the most terrible things I have ever seen.

Nightmare would be correct here... amplified about 1 million times over.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

RomeByFire
reply to post by Bedlam

Care to provide any links for any of the information you presented? I mean, OP did kindly enough so. Without any links, this is nothing more than your opinion, and spare me your position of authority fallacy, your opinion is nothing more than exposition without providing any sources when what you're arguing against does.

In lay terms, Mr. Armchair expert, care to address any of the links presented? Since you're so knowledged on the subject, educate those who are ignorant of the matter.

Which points? All of them? Like "what does fallout mean"? Seriously? This stuff is all common body of knowledge. But if you seriously don't know...

"Depleted Uranium"

Every tonne of natural uranium produced and enriched for use in a nuclear reactor gives about 130 kg of enriched fuel (3.5% or more U-235). The balance is depleted uranium tails (U-238, typically with 0.25-0.30% U-235). This major portion has been depleted in its fissile U-235 isotope (and, incidentally, U-234) by the enrichment process. It is commonly known as DU if the focus is on the actual material, or tails if the focus is on its place in the fuel cycle and its U-235 assay.

DU is refined uranium that's had the U235 removed. It's LESS radioactive than natural uranium metal.

"It's pyrophoric!"

DU is pyrophoric, so that upon impact about 30% of the projectile atomises and burns to uranium oxide dust

"The term 'fallout' is typically associated with nuclear detonations"

...the radioactive particles that are produced by a nuclear explosion and that fall through the atmosphere

(General Physics) the descent of solid material in the atmosphere onto the earth, esp of radioactive material following a nuclear explosion

the dangerous dust that falls to the ground after a nuclear explosion

Fallout is the radioactive particles that fall to earth as a result of a nuclear explosion. It consists of weapon debris, fission products, and, in the case of a ground burst, radiated soil.

"DU is not very radioactive"

First off, it's got a half-life of 4.47 BILLION years...this should immediately clue you in that it's not very radioactive. If you don't understand how a huge half-life relates to low specific activity, you need to do some basic reading.

"It's a toxic heavy metal"

...with a very nice intermediate difficulty link that goes over the many ways that U238 is chemically toxic, with a 'oh, yeah, it's mildly radioactive too so there's that' at the end. The primary way DU kills you is because it's a heavy metal and it's just damned poisonous like most heavy metals

"There aren't any small neutron bombs"

You first have to understand some basics about nuclear reactions. It's tough to dumb this one down. A neutron bomb is a thermonuke with a lead tamper around the secondary instead of U238. The secondary requires a minimum primary to compress the hohlraum to the point that the "sparkplug" inside the secondary detonates, which in practice is 1 or 2kT. Then the tamper has to hold it together long enough for the Li6D to transmute to D-T, then to get hot enough long enough to fuse. The fusion of deuterium and tritium produces VERY high energy neutrons. In a stock weapon system like a B61, the neutron flux is used to fission a U238 tamper and possibly part of the radiation casing. Most of the "bang" from a thermonuke like a B61 comes from energy released fissioning the tamper. In a neutron bomb, you use a lead tamper, which is transparent to neutrons, and you use chromium and nickel in the bomb casing which are also pretty transparent to neutrons, so a lot of the energy of the fusion reaction is released over a wide area as kinetic energy of the neutrons. But you still have a minimum sized primary nuke to set the thing off.

There's not a really good open source discussion on them, and you apparently don't want to hear the details from me, so this is about the best I could find at short notice. I could give you a much better overview, but there you go.

"Don't make 'em, haven't for decades"

Same source. You can find many others...

Bush the First cleaned house on nuclear weapons systems in general. Most of the nukes in Europe were returned to the US and recycled at Pantex, that included ALL the backpack designs and the Pershing II. The B-61 gravity bomb was the go-to nuke, and most of them were secretly stashed in Belgium. The remaining ERWs were returned to the US and decommissioned. Bush got rid of most battlefield nukes by 1999, although a few survived until 2003.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
reply to post by Bedlam

So instead of correcting terminology or diverting the topic away from the stated issue in the OP, why not contribute your thoughts to the shelf life of DU dust in the soil or the bodies who ingest it and the offspring who come after? Or is that not part of your directive?

The OP interspersed nuclear references with DU. That in itself diverts the topic away from 'the stated issue' if there is one in that post. Other than "I hate uranium".

It's a chemical toxin. At the doses you're likely to see on a battlefield, that's the effect you're going to get, for the most part. Why not confine your anti-DU message to the truth? Does it simply sell better if you put a bunch of trefoils on it and talk about B61's instead?

I just LOVE shill shouters, though. Hey, why not ask me what I get paid? After all, isn't that what you're supposed to do when you can't support your argument?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

Because its whispered about that "The Ark of the Covenant" actually contained Uranium.

Somehow I don't doubt it. People buy hologram stickers to put on their gas tanks, too.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

www.youtube.com...

reminds me of this hehe

peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Bedlam B-61 is a good design.

nothing good about it, or any bomb.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>