It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge thing is moving over Oxfordshire

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

TY. True, and you're right, but it was SO low, that it had to have been heard if it was making a sound, that of any normal plane with jet, props or blades. You and I are both understanding of the flight activities above and around us (I see Heathrows incoming flights from the East from my window also), this was nothing like that, I assure you.

I would never post up if I thought it was even slightly natural. If I had not have seen it from underneath, I would probably not have posted, nor thought I was truly experiencing a "UFO" craft of some kind. But it was that glimpse that made me freak, try and chase and later post about it.

I believe UFO experiences can be very personal, and this WAS a very personal one. If it was SO personal that I really was the only observer, then I am staggered. That's why I tried to get the word out, I did NOT want to be the only one. And I saw getting the word out as more important than bringing evidence. My bad, for having my own agenda.

PS Thank you other sir with your account about the UFO in the desert. Sounds great, and yes, this was totally that. I was in the moment, completely. It's a great way to enjoy a UFO experience, rather than fumbling around for cameras and NOT LOOKING at the actual thing itself

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I get what you're saying, but if that was me I'd have had my smartphone out straight away and putting it on the net before the thing had a chance to go on it's way.

I've seen a few "UFO's" in my time, but unfortunately all bar one were before the days of camera phones etc. The one that was, I was in the Garden having a BBQ and getting hammered,s o wasn't entirely with it and to be honest, I think it was probably a military drone or something.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I think you saw a blimp or an airliner or something. Maybe you're not as familiar with the night sky as you think? The fact you wanted to see a UFO is suspicious to me. In your haste to see one, you probably lost some of your reasoning.

I remember one time I was driving on a freeway at night and I looked up and saw three lights moving together in the form of a triangle. They were moving slow and possibly slower than my car. I passed it and it disappeared behind the trees. Didn't see it again. Probably wasn't a UFO because this was just outside a metropolitan area and lots of people would have seen it.

Another time I saw some stationary lights over a power plant that intrigued me. I pulled around on a turn off and came in the other direction, but it wasn't there anymore.

I think some helicopter or airplane pilots get a chuckle from all the ufo believers who pull over and watch. I wonder if some of them try to behave like a ufo? I remember overhearing a conversation once and someone said their uncle - a pilot - had faked some ufo sightings.

Some 95% of UFO sightings are perfectly explainable misidentifications.
edit on 23-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow, I feel bad for the OP. Some of the posters have been pretty harsh. Criticizing the character of a poster based on him ##snipped##? Last I checked we** doesn't make you hallucinate, nor does it make you a junkie. So what if the OP doesn't have pictures, even if he did none of you would believe it anyway. He even posted it in the correct forum. Give the guy a break, and hear him out... Or just don't comment. Either way thanks for sharing.
edit on 23-1-2014 by jeenyus2008 because: T&C

edit on Thu Jan 23 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: drugs Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

markymint
Please remind me why I should be capturing video when I'm having an enjoyable experience? Do you take a video when you're having sex? Sometimes you might. Sometimes you might just be in the moment...?

I have a Samsung Galaxy ace. I tried to record, nearly crashed. Like I said, I was driving for the most part and like to abide by the law here, I don't speed or use my phone. It wasn't paramount to me to break the law even for ATS. When I stopped, it was nearing going right over head so I was concentrating on stopping, using the hazards, lowering the window, leaning out, looking up, identifying, making note of the shape or whatever, looking at the lights, wondering if a van is going to then hit me, wondering if he's seeing it too, watching it go a bit into the distance, then turning back and oh, my phone. THAT'S when I started recording...

Turns out when I PASUED the video and then hit the BACK button (the right button) so that I could drive, it DIDNT SAVE THE VIDEO. I just checked. There may have been a few frames, but it was all going wrong. I turned onto that lane, the bloody flashlight came on with the video... it was difficult circumstances.

Lol, that's like a really British version of Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds movie. Tom Cruise ain't got nuthin on you Mark mate

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Your posts, timelines, etc. on this thread have been very honest and detailed. You saw something, and that's a great personal experience. There have been so many tc violations on this thread that even after I've tried several times to stop them they keep getting posted, and it is interesting it's still up. Luck of the draw. I don't expect this thread to last, unless the admin who stops it goes back through the entire thread and picks and chooses what to save. So, in anticipation of that, it was good meeting you and I wish you good times in your next "encounter".
edit on 23-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

roadgravel
People stating pic or didn't happen.

There are persons who claim alien abduction and have no pics or other evidence but UFOers believe them and criticize those who don't.

Strange world.

Yeah well we live in a 'video everything' culture , its like when I go to a concert I don't spend 2hrs watching it via a 2" LCD screen, I watch with my eyes and soak up the experience. Same with mark I guess...he saw something amazing and wanted to soak it in,

I beleive him. Shame it was so late though and no one else from his local area saw it too, at least no one from ATS anyway. Worth posting though, can't understand all the negative people on here saying he shouldn't have posted it either.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey friend over there in the U.K.,
Im here in Va. keeping up with your thread from the beginning.
My defense is on your side .
I want to make a statement. .To all the realist and naysayers out there. With all the absolute uncertainty , that are the human races harsh reality, how can we even have the authority, to decide what is real or not.
Until someone can explain to me, with absolute certainty , all the answers of our existence , I would scrutinise a naysayers opinion more than an honest opinion of something that cant be easily explained.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I just had a thought. You said you saw it at 12.45am! That's pretty late, and a lot of people would be in bed at that time of night, let alone stargazing or whatever to actually see it. Might explain why you haven't heard any local reports also seeing it. Every one was sleeping.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

From the beginning, ive felt you were sincere and that you did see something you couldnt explain, whatever it was. Good luck tonight,wrap up warm, and try not to bring Bob Hope into it , I dont think its helping you in the credibility stakes.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

MissBeck

I just had a thought. You said you saw it at 12.45am! That's pretty late, and a lot of people would be in bed at that time of night, let alone stargazing or whatever to actually see it. Might explain why you haven't heard any local reports also seeing it. Every one was sleeping.

Correctumundo! Im up til late most nights, and I took a look outside around 1.30 because he said it was heading west, and there wasnt a house in my street with a light on and no traffic sounds.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Closed for cleanup and review.

Drug talk and drug references are NOT allowed.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Reopened:
Any further references to personal drug use will be handled by way of the T&C:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, ...... strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination

edit on Thu Jan 23 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well my father gave me some ideas. Could it have been a B2, built for stealth? I've found this video. It does go over pretty quietly. But what I saw was not using its anti-collision lights at this low level, as seen in the video. At the height I saw it, it should have been using its anti-collision lights I'd have thought. But whatever I saw didn't even have blinkers on the wings. Just bright lights.

The only blinking light was the red one underneath, which does perhaps fit into a conventional standard aviation light. When it was moving away, it was just two steady white lights visible, and the red blinker underneath. No wing tip blinkers or anything, which is particularly strange if it were a normal aircraft.

He also suggested Osprey (helicopter) which might have an odd look from underneath, but came across this night video of one, and the guy comments how loud it is in the video. I did not hear blades at all. And some of the other (cool) Osprey at night videos don't remind me of what I experienced last night. Generally, helicopters - well, I haven't met a quiet one of those yet. Are there some?

Thanks for keeping the thread open. And for the support (that I'm not completely crazy :how
I'm tempted to go look again tonight. Perhaps we all should, what if it comes back?

PS. Yep, everyone would have been inside keeping warm. It's what I would be doing, last night though, decided to do something different. Saw something a bit different
Not sure why. There really were no cars about. I DID see one guy about, afterwards, walking. A tall elderly chap, who walks around in winter gear all year long. He was about half mile further down the road, he's always walking somewhere along our main road (which connects to the one I stopped and observed on) at night but I can never figure out where to exactly. Hopefully because I'm not a stalker or anything
But maybe he witnessed it.

If it really didn't make a sound, if that's a fact of the experience, then no wonder no-one peered out. If it was a helicopter someone might have, or a low plane, but as someone mentioned previously, maybe the sound was just "natural" to everyone and they ignored it/don't recall it. But I do have very receptive hearing, to a lot of sounds, especially aircraft, I think most people in the UK probably do too, just smaller space more air traffic per square feet.

Lastly, my father suggested perhaps it was something flying out from one of the US bases to the East. So if anyone knows of anything going on from one of those bases last night (presumably activity between around 11.30-12.45am), it could give us a lead. TY.
edit on 23-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well take a decent camera with you this time!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is WW1 year!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Glad the thread is still open.

Hopefully if you do go back out you manage to see something again. This time take a camera

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just found this photo which has an almost indentical style of lights on the front that I saw when it was closest:

And the report itself isn't too dissimilar. I only got a glimpse at the shape for 2-5 seconds, and couldn't describe it. Not sure about diamond, but this is the only other representation I've found that has the lights as I saw them (two wing tip [perhaps] lights acting more like headlights, and two small lights in the middle, that were just as bright).

Article: ufopundit.blogspot.co.uk...

Was that one debunked or anything? Not sure if the shape is a match between that sighting and mine, as I thought the two little lights were set back rather than protruding - but the front light positioning in general reminds me of what I saw.
edit on 23-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

LadySkadi
Do I need to read 5 pages or can someone just tell me if there's a pic/vid up in there yet?

Hi .. Not seen you here for ages.. hope your well.

As for the thread... wondering if it is lunatic hour!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

rigel4

LadySkadi
Do I need to read 5 pages or can someone just tell me if there's a pic/vid up in there yet?

Hi .. Not seen you here for ages.. hope your well.

As for the thread... wondering if it is lunatic hour!

Oh thats nice.
Look, OP saw something unusual he couldnt identify, a UFO, he hasnt claimed its an alien spacecraft, in fact, he desperate to find out if others can help him to identify it as a terrestrial craft (or not). If he's a troll (which i dont think he is) then we're suckers, but one day, maybe, someone will come along with a genuine sighting, and im willing to go through the chaff to find the wheat.
We're here on ATS because this interests us, theres plenty of "sheeple" out there ready to call us " lunatics".
Sorry, but I didnt expect that response from you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join