It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge thing is moving over Oxfordshire

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I was just trying to stop the misinformation. Just because he has had a smoke does not mean his story is less credible. As you do not hallucinate.

Like Dynamitrios said. I do not believe or disbelieve the OP. As I have seen more than my fair share of bizarre unexplainable things in the night sky.

(post by Rollie removed for a manners violation)
(post by happinness removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

happinness
I saw aliens in a hospital once and I bloody know that was real!!

can you expand on that statement a little please?

PDUK

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Take a look at the posts removed in this new thread, and the admins warnings www.abovetopsecret.com... to see what I mean.

Probably the only reason that hasn't happened on this thread is that no admin is closely watching it. So I'm not nitpicking, and I enjoy certain things as much or more, but this website has rules and if they get broken too often people either get banned, threads get closed, and all power comes from the admins. Just trying to save this thread. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I don't talk about it much these days, but I have put snippets on ATS in the past couple of years about it.
It's all been documented in all the places it should. In box me if you want to ask me anything about it. hx

btw thank you for showing an interest.
edit on 23-1-2014 by happinness because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by happinness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I just called the local radio station to see if anyone has phoned in about anything, and they say "no".

Thanks. Yeah, I have every intention of filming some UFO's properly but that wasn't last night. It's not my perogative to produce video evidence. When it is, it's because I'm working on a YT video or something. I have a life beyond trying to chase/video UFO's for, I don't know what, national acclaim, or for ATS, or for myself. But then, I don't need to do it for myself, so when I'm out enjoying things for myself I tend not to bother. As I keep saying, someone else should have seen it, at the very least, it was really there, whatever it was, covering ground... If no-one else did see it then fair enough.

This fact is fundamental to all my sightings up to this point, I've seen things at times I have specifically had zero interest in filming them. I'm a good cameraman, I know when it's worth capturing video and when it's not, and this was not a good occasion with the tools I had, my galaxy ace is not a camera designed to be looking up at a clear starry sky, it won't see anything. It WOULD have probably captured the lights, but the lights weren't the interesting bit, it was the shape. And I just wasn't in "catch evidence" mode, I was enjoy "enjoy what you're given" mode.

Since last night I've thought about it in bed. What made me really think it was abnormal? What are the absolute elements that make me feel it wasn't a plane? It's got to be the speed and shape of it. As for sound, I think my car engine was idling, but an idling engine would not cover the sound of a helicopter at that altitude, and certainly not a plane of any kind. We do occasionally have large military/cargo planes come over bringing troops home from Afghan to Brize Norton, you can't MISS those, the whole house shakes. But nothing audible came from this thing that I heard, unless it was making a noise that was drowned out by my idling engine (but that'd have to be a pretty quiet noise IMO).

I have a headache today, lol. So I have more to write, but can't right now. And for the record, I smoke day in day out for many years, I do not hallucinate unless I'm in darkness and then it's just shadows or things zipping about in eyes, not full on lights that I track for 5 mins and makes me pull over and observe.

I've actually cut a mental deal with "aliens" since my first sightings, and that is, that I'm more than happy to meet them, but it needs to happen over stages. The first stage was way up high in the sky and my "mental" deal is that the next step is them coming a bit closer to me, and that's really what feels like happened last night. They got closer as I wanted, but not too close. I was shaking yesterday so I've still got a long way to go, the next step will be a low level fly-by (with engine cutout etc) or a landed craft. So far things have gone to plan, I've no doubt if I keep my interest alive and continue to "speak" to them (yes, like some crazy wacko) it may actually occur. I believe in all the deeper elements of this phenomena, and the interconectedness of it all and the universe etc, and all this sighting does is confirm those beliefs for me further.

If it's a clear night tonight, I may go out with my HD cam. All I can say is, those who believe me this time round, you won't be disappointed when I actually go out and make some effort to record one
TY for the support!

The Tweets of events might have gone a bit like this...

- This car park is dark & empty. Prime opportunity for abduction.
- Bit of music to settles the nerves about aliens

- Think I saw a UFO, nope, just my eyes playing tricks.
- Stars lovely, enjoying my smoke

- Will definitely be tricked by my eyes now that I've smoked

- I'll film a nightwatch for my YT show from the same location for all the episodes. Cover time not ground.
- Should I use Google Sky now? No. I know that's Jupiter right above me.
- How does prophet yahweh summon UFOs? Does he think they're real?
- Just said out loud that I don't want to be abducted, am talking to invisible realm
- I want to start an ATS UFO census, that'd be productive, see who's really seen something
- Well, that was nice, and I'm going home now to act on that census thread idea
- The moon falls over this road in a lovely way
- I wonder if these ancient areas, and the roads, are lined up for that moon in any way that I'm seeing?
- Oh hello, three lights - you look a bit unusual
- Surely YOU'RE not really what I think you might be?
- Um, these three lights aren't moving anywhere fast.
- What aircraft has three big white front headlights?
- Is this for real? Are you really showing up to me tonight?
- Pulled over briefly. This thing has two big lights at the sides and two smaller ones (producing the same light as one big one) in the middle, but not moving very fast at all
- It hasn't covered much ground and I've driven half a mile, slowly, flashing my lights.
- Actually, I'm stopped in a dark spot and this could be a real UFO. I'm going to keep driving, I want to be closer to home!!
- Driving on, going to stop properly somewhere, still not covered much ground, is low, I should be able to get a good view of this if it goes overhead, I'll stop when it's getting close to overhead.
- Keeping it in my sights at all times, HELLOO!!!! Good to see you! But are you REALLY who I think you are!
- Should I stop in the main road? # it, yes. Hazards on.
- Stopped properly, this thing is coming over me now.
- Stuck my head out of the driverside window, this thing is literally going to make a direct overhead pass of me.
- Very excited, can't hear any engine roar, this thing is low. It still could well be a plane.
- What, the, hell. Just seen its shape against the clear star sky. That was NOT an aeroplane shape.
- I still don't hear anything, why is it so silent - I have just witnessed a proper UFO?
- What SHAPE was that? Oh god the shape isn't even describable, I'm going to have to draw that and I'll have forgotten it by then.
- CAMERA!!!!!! *****! Take a photo!
- No, it's going behind tree line - CHASE IT!
- Just turned onto the smallest, windyest road trying to activate my cell camera, nearly crashed
- Flashlight has come on whilst pointing it out the screen (this is the only moment I may have captured it, the rear lights only though)
- What the hell am I doing, I pressed pause and decided to drive not use mobile phone and drive.
- Drive through the windy lane, takes a while doing all the little bends, get back to the main road, it's a good 5-6 miles in the distance now.
- It's not worth following, I'll never catch it, it's barely two lights in the sky now.
- Oh, when I pressed paused on my camera, I then returned to the main screen and that shutdown the camera without saving the video which was on pause, damn

- Come on computer, bloody load!!!
- HI ATS LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOW PLZ #oxonufo
- I need hug
I can't believe that just happened... no-one else will either but hopefully someone else caught a glimpse...
- Shaking a lot still, that felt 100% like a genuine UFO experience even if it wasn't one
- Why would that happen!? I am very grateful for it. Can't believe I went out hoping to see a UFO in the upper atmosphere and ended up having something truly bizarre fly over me at low altitude. Just cannot fathom how that kind of co-indence links together.

I went out with an open mind, and this happened... If I can do it then anyone can...
edit on 23-1-2014 by markymint because: added "Tweet" summary

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by fluff007

Take a look at the posts removed in this new thread, and the admins warnings www.abovetopsecret.com... to see what I mean.

Probably the only reason that hasn't happened on this thread is that no admin is closely watching it. So I'm not nitpicking, and I enjoy certain things as much or more, but this website has rules and if they get broken too often people either get banned, threads get closed, and all power comes from the admins. Just trying to save this thread. Thanks.

Yes, i have to agree with that, im amazed this thread is still here, people need to stop talking about "you know what" because this thread will be gone otherwise.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
just thought i'd post a couple of quotes and a link for the woefully misinformed. i could go on to tell more of how and why i know, but i don't want to violate t&c.

Cannabis also produces many subjective and highly tangible effects, such as greater enjoyment of food taste and aroma, an enhanced enjoyment of music and comedy, and marked distortions in the perception of time and space (where experiencing a "rush" of ideas from the bank of long-term memory can create the subjective impression of long elapsed time, while a clock reveals that only a short time has passed). At higher doses, effects can include altered body image, auditory and/or visual illusions, pseudo-hallucinatory, and ataxia from selective impairment of polysynaptic reflexes.

While many psychoactive drugs clearly fall into the category of either stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogen, cannabis exhibits a mix of all properties, perhaps leaning the most towards hallucinogenic or psychedelic properties, though with other effects quite pronounced as well. THC is typically considered the primary active component of the cannabis plant; various scientific studies have suggested that certain other cannabinoids like CBD may also play a significant role in its psychoactive effects.[39][40][41]

this is from this wiki perhaps the quickest of ref sources.
Effects of cannabis

there are more sources out there, just don't believe the bloggers and the youngens that think they know.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Good work Batman.

In my 17 years of medical use I have never suffered hallucinations.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The OP's recreational use did not cause him to hallucinate this sighting. Despite what the literature says, the stuff just doesn't quite work that way. Its not mushrooms or lsd. I believe he saw something real. Pretty impressive sighting imo. Not at all surprised he's getting attcked for sharing his experience. This is ATS after all. Pics or no pics, ALL accounts of UFO sightings are treated the same here.

Sincere thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Argyll
You were smoking weed, you tripped, then you posted your trip here on ATS......and you told a couple of porkies to make it seem more believable....basically you failed!

Please pass whatever kind of weed your smoking that makes you trip over this direction

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

edit on Cam9Thursday5020142531Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:50:25 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: double post/ stupid phone

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Urantia1111
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The OP's recreational use did not cause him to hallucinate this sighting. Despite what the literature says, the stuff just doesn't quite work that way. Its not mushrooms or lsd. I believe he saw something real. Pretty impressive sighting imo. Not at all surprised he's getting attcked for sharing his experience. This is ATS after all. Pics or no pics, ALL accounts of UFO sightings are treated the same here.

Sincere thanks for sharing OP!

Sad to say but you are correct. It seems like there is an entire horde of naysayers just waiting to snap on the newest UFO thread.

The OP could have produced the mist awe inspiring photos and the response would have been "lol, photoshopped." It doesn't matter with these people

I wonder why most of them even read threads from the UFO forum. Just to troll is my suspicion. Sure as hell isn't to read an interesting story.

And again I don't know of the OP is being honest, sincere or just oversensationalizing a mundane encounter, none of us know. We might think but we don't know.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Basically, if you just counter anything that's said initially in any thread on ATS, you gain stars. That's just how it goes, even more so in UFO forum, but I don't expect people to believe me, I did not bring hard evidence, hence why I'm waiting to hear of anyone else seeing this craft, whatever it was.

I had spent time myself earlier last night debunking someone elses "orb that's seen for 1 second" video on the forum here.

Still no-one has confirmed they even heard a plane. That bit of info would start to disprove what I saw, but my local friends on facebook who were awake at the time said they hadn't heard anything. And no-one in the village it passed over has responded to me positively about any kind of sound last night. Also people on here looked and they weren't too far away. Looking south from Brize Norton and it may have been seen. Looking east from Fairford/Gloucester, and north from Swindon. But, even those locations didn't see or hear any planes.

The lack of planes at that point was also pretty unique, I didn't notice ANY high level air traffic at FL30 or anything, usually there's one or two but we DO get occasional breaks at night. But I hadn't seen anything at FL30-35 at all whilst being parked up looking at the stars, or when peering out my window at the craft as it passed overhead. I had considered loading flight-radar on my phone whilst parked up originally, but didn't bother, and then of course the sighting occurred whilst driving.

I'm going to use term craft because that's what this thing looked like, a craft. Not an object morphing, not a sphere, not an orange glowing ball, it looked like a rigid craft of some kind, just not aerodynamic in the least. It had no noticeable wings behind an extended cockpit area, whatever was in the middle (where you'd expect the fuselage to be) was SHORTER than whatever the wing elements were. Hard to explain, my picture does it a little justice though.

I for one am going out to look for this thing again, and I am still investing in some yukon ranger 5x42 soon, initially I had wanted that to capture fast-walkers. But holy moly, if this thing comes over again and I DO have 5x42's at that point....... Even if I had my HD cam on me I MIGHT have captured something because I can get it to record in low light levels (at a VERY slow frame rate), and I was annoyed even before I saw it that I hadn't thought to bring it out with me "just in case".

Just how these things go I guess. Not all UFOs are meant to be seen by hoards of people. I'm just waiting for some kind of evidence that a plane was heard, or seen, very low in the area around that time. Until then, for me, it's realz. If it is for you or not, that's cool. I'm not trying to wind anyone up, just relay what I saw and advise it's worth keeping an eye out for, whether to discredit me or substantiate my claims.

Thanks for all the replies!

PS. Sometimes, you WILL be in the right place, at the exactly the right time. It's been the case for people for many years, maybe centuries, millenia... It's happened to me on various occasions (this being the biggest one so far perhaps!) so it will happen to other people too. I don't think I'm an abductee or anything, but I am definitely the most open minded person about UFOs that I know. I'm the only person that actively wants to see them that I know. I think anyone as open minded and willing to have an experience can probably have one. I don't see why I'm special, but I do see that I'm making a little more effort than others to have experiences like that.

Furthermore, this area is a UFO hotspot. Please, come live in Oxon and go look at the stars on a cold night. Things happen here..!!!!

edit on 23-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I also saw a five headed cow and one legged fish when I was out on the boat last time.

Sorry, that was just me going for a swim

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey OP. Not going either way on what you saw but I will say this.
I had a sighting in the desert camping and had my camera in my pack. I was so mesmerized and hesitant to look away for fear of missing something I never captured a thing. The 2 others I was camping with also saw the same thing and had the same reaction. We just stared at it until it was gone. About 20 seconds. That is 3 out of 3 people that completely failed in UFO documentation. We weren't lazy, stupid or buzzed. It just came as a surprise and we didn't get it. Some in the UFO community will judge you for a miss like this but it happens. I vowed to be more mentally prepared for the next time.
I bet there are a ton of folks with very similar experiences. Keep looking up.

BTW…nobody believed us.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Argyll
reply to post by markymint

The stars were lush I was looking all the time. Had my phone on the car dash but did not use it for google sky, just wanted to watch, and think about UFOs ;D I thought about many things. Were the lights in the distance UFOs? Are aliens going to abduct me? I talked to nothing as if it was something quite a bit, asked them not to abduct me please. Wow, I actually just had a massive conversation... Actually speaking BTW, not thinking. Anyway, ##snipped##, I left, drove down the hill, could barely see from fogged up windscreen, turn onto the main road.

And you want to be taken seriously?......give me a break!

Your a junkie who tripped out!

Whilst I agree with everyone else about the fact no pictures or video was taken is virtually criminal, considering he started this thread, I would like to go to great pains to point out that people shouldn't assume ##snipped## makes you see enormous UFO's.

Staying within the T&C's. I would just like to say a person I know very well "smokes" every day, yet is a fully functioning member of society that has a family and has NEVER ONCE hallucinated from smoking Weed....

EDIT: In fact, it is idiotic assumptions and judgemental attitudes such as the above which prevent it being legalised in the first place....
edit on 23/1/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jan 23 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: DRUGS Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Give the lad a break.

When this happens (from experience) you often just freeze out of amazement, the last thing on your mind is taking pics. More like, am I going to be abducted etc. Or just wow!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

markymint
Still no-one has confirmed they even heard a plane. That bit of info would start to disprove what I saw, but my local friends on facebook who were awake at the time said they hadn't heard anything. And no-one in the village it passed over has responded to me positively about any kind of sound last night. Also people on here looked and they weren't too far away. Looking south from Brize Norton and it may have been seen. Looking east from Fairford/Gloucester, and north from Swindon. But, even those locations didn't see or hear any planes.

Dude, where you are in the country is incredibly busy airspace. I live only a few miles from you myself. You have RAF Brize Norton, RAF Fairford, Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton airports all within aeronautical spitting distance.

My point is that even if people heard a plane, they would not think it strange. In fact, living under the Heathrow flightpath myself I have become so used to them I don't hear them.

Posting on FB when you live in such proximity to so many major air routes, "Have you heard a plane" is not exactly going to generate much interest from anybody.
edit on 23/1/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join