It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cautious after Israeli claims to thwart al-Qaeda embassy plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
US cautious after Israeli claims to thwart al-Qaeda embassy plot

Israeli security forces claimed Wednesday to have foiled an al-Qaeda plot to blow up the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem's convention center, but U.S. officials told NBC News they couldn't confirm the threat. Shin Bet, the usually secretive Israeli internal security service, went public Wednesday with the arrests of three Palestinians who were captured on Christmas Day last year. The Israelis said the suspects had been recruited by al-Qaeda over the Internet by an operative working for Ayman al-Zawahiri, who took over al-Qaeda after U.S. forces killed Osama bin Laden in May 2011. Several U.S. officials, however, told NBC News they hadn't been able to verify the Israeli report — particularly the purported link to al-Qaeda — even though U.S. and Israeli intelligence agencies communicate closely and frequently.

Yeah like I really believe this one. Here they stop the "bombers" but on 9/11 they took enough time to send people over to document the event but couldn't take the time to warn us it was going to happen?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I called BS on this too the second I read about it. Even the US is publically doubting their story. I guess they have to come up with something better next time, and I'm sure they will try. I feel bad for the Palestinians. And I'm with you on the Israeli's who happened to be filming before the planes hit the towers. When I learned of that was when I knew for a fact who was behind 911. One day they'll slip up bad and get caught red-handed. At least, I hope so anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The sad part is that most Fox News watchers will accept this story at face value.

Why would the Palestinians, who are desperate to form their own country (the right to do so being granted by the same UN resolution that created the state of Israel in 1948), attack a U.S. Embassy and turn us even further against them? This would further hamper their goals. Palestine has embassies around the world-they want independence and statehood, and the U.S. is the only serious block to that. After 9/11, we are not going to cut and run when attacked, so whoever plotted this terror attack must be someone who wants to destroy Palestine.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

The sad part is that most Fox News watchers will accept this story at face value.

Really?

How did you get that out of the OP whom used NBC as the source of the post?

Sounds to me your agenda might be as blind, as those you accuse?

On topic.......Who knows what is the truth anymore!

The Truth is like finding a Unicorn OR a Dragon in a world where the truth is a conspiracy and a lie is the truth......

edit on 22-1-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Snsoc

Really?

How did you get that out of the OP whom used NBC as the source of the post?

Sounds to me your agenda might be as blind, as those you accuse?

On topic.......Who knows what is the truth anymore!

The Truth is like finding a Unicorn OR a Dragon in a world where the truth is a conspiracy and a lie is the truth......

edit on 22-1-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Because people who watch Fox News (where I'm sure this story will end up) have a default setting against Palestinians. I use "Fox News" as shorthand for "Neo-Con Republican war profiteers."

I went back and read the source material, and they are blaming Palestinians, which is ludicrous.

My agenda is truth.

Truth is determined by examining all available data and drawing logical conclusions.

Truth can be determined, and Truth matters.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It's funny how the US would close Embassies and facilities across 3 continents over a phone intercepted threat......yet actual arrests and a plot? They shake their heads and say 'Pics or it didn't happen'.

Golly... Are we paranoid or just paranoid when it's convenient to politics?

* For the record I don't personally buy EITHER threat as having been legit and recruited over the internet could have been a 13yr old in Momma's basement in Chicago with a charge card and too much creativity. Who knows through the net....but the U.S.G. sure is highly selective, it seems, on which B.S. paranoia to go bananas over.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

buster2010[/i
Yeah like I really believe this one. Here they stop the "bombers" but on 9/11 they took enough time to send people over to document the event but couldn't take the time to warn us it was going to happen? ]

I call BS on this one too.........there were NO dancing Zionists. It was all a scam. There were no Mossad spies either allegedly planted all throughout the country who were supposedly surreptitiously airlifted out of the US right after the demolition job on the twin towers.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So they were caught because they were making plans over Facebook and other social network sites - and they are connected to Ayman Al-Zawahiri? No way. Al-Zawahiri has been around forever. He is a a doctor and far from stupid. I would normally take something like this at face value but the entire thing is contradictory to what we know about this man. Unless he knows we would never link him to such carelessness - from his recruits (that he recruited over the open internet - also suspicious).

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Because people who watch Fox News (where I'm sure this story will end up) have a default setting against Palestinians. I use "Fox News" as shorthand for "Neo-Con Republican war profiteers."

I went back and read the source material, and they are blaming Palestinians, which is ludicrous.

My agenda is truth.

Truth is determined by examining all available data and drawing logical conclusions.

Truth can be determined, and Truth matters.

Obviously "Truth" in your opinion is obviously based upon a politically biased opinion aye?

Seems to me that your agenda to bastardized Fox news whom isn't even a player in the OP's source is enough to tell me your version of truth is based upon a political belief OR agenda and the "TRUTH" you speak of is only in existence for those whom believe as you do?

WOW! I really enjoy people like you whom are so biased that you do more harm to your agenda than good!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I see, there have never been anyone who would want to blow up anything in Israel or America...there are no people of earth who would do them or us ANY harm. How the hell can you call BS on something you know nothing about, absolutly nothing. Go ahead and trust the current official non agenda obama government response, they always tell the truth. Say this to yourself, "there are no humans whom call Israel and America the enemy and call for their destruction" no one right???

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Ok, thanks for taking the one point in my post that could have been interpreted more than one way and making that the central issue that you reply to-they teach you that in shill school? You know as well as I do that the kind of people who watch Fox News will grab this story and completely take it at face value. Just because the OP didn't mention Fox is irrelevant. I was making a supposition based on what would be a logical conclusion given the data in question. That's what smart people do-you might read up on it, if you can make out the long words and deal with the lack of pictures.

I could have just as easily left the first sentence off of my post, and you would have been forced to deal with the actual issue, which is (yet another) phony frame-up of Arabs. You probably wouldn't comment on that, except to accuse me of Antisemitism. That would be the other tool in your two-tooled box.

Hey, forget I said anything. You can run like mad bulls to the next phony war based on lies like this. Enjoy the crashing economy that results from your inability to sustain a perpetual war machine. I was trying to help you out, but if you're going to be like that-well, it's on your own head.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Snsoc because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
I see, there have never been anyone who would want to blow up anything in Israel or America...there are no people of earth who would do them or us ANY harm. How the hell can you call BS on something you know nothing about, absolutly nothing. Go ahead and trust the current official non agenda obama government response, they always tell the truth. Say this to yourself, "there are no humans whom call Israel and America the enemy and call for their destruction" no one right???

Well they call for the destruction of the governments not the nation themselves. And I would trust my government before trusting one where the prime minister said that 9/11 was a good thing. And Israels past history of the Lavon affair the attack on the USS Liberty and Israels murder of American citizens shows the are as much an enemy of America as these Muslim nations.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

ExoPatriotico

buster2010[/i
Yeah like I really believe this one. Here they stop the "bombers" but on 9/11 they took enough time to send people over to document the event but couldn't take the time to warn us it was going to happen? ]

I call BS on this one too.........there were NO dancing Zionists. It was all a scam. There were no Mossad spies either allegedly planted all throughout the country who were supposedly surreptitiously airlifted out of the US right after the demolition job on the twin towers.

Oh really?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"This is the first time that Ayman al-Zawahri was directly involved," he said. "For them, it would have been a great achievement."

Talk about the underestimate of the decade by Aviv Oreg. The AP story is done by Lara Jakes a senior writer not known for jumping the gun.

My oh my it would be huge-recruitment would be over the top-just in time for the Olympics.

Fair to say lets hope this is premature or simply mixed signals. It could rival London with it's psychological effect-or worse.

If it is false-and I hope it is-what pray tell would be the motivation for a false attack story? I know it's hard to get in these guys heads about tactics but what would they hope to accomplish with the news release????

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well they call for the destruction of the governments not the nation themselves. And I would trust my government before trusting one where the prime minister said that 9/11 was a good thing. And Israels past history of the Lavon affair the attack on the USS Liberty and Israels murder of American citizens shows the are as much an enemy of America as these Muslim nations.

America has a long, strong history of eradicating whomever it feels worthy of eradicating, be it singular or plural.
As For the USS Liberty, yes, Prime Minister Eshkol took the call from Pres Johnson and told Dayan to fire the rockets as Mr Lyndon B Johnson told him to.
There is gross complicity here on 2 sides and you want to make it a 1 way street.
Lyndon Johnson was a conniving, manipulative, obfuscating bastard of a president with an agenda that certain Israelis were only too happy to oblige with.
It takes 2 to tango.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why are you STILL in the seventh circle of hell? Do you need a map?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just looks like a fictional attack manufactured by Israel to keep the excuse Palestinians are all terrorists so they can continue the illegal occupation.

top topics

join