It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing admits working on antigravity in Phamtom works division

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

There's been a fair bit of research on this, I'd say there would be a way by now to eliminate sonic booms.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

It is not possible to completely eliminate shock waves that produce a "sonic boom." However, NASA has been conducting research on ways to reduce sonic booms. So far, the only flight testing has involved modified conventional aircraft.

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

There are plans for testing an experimental aircraft designed specifically to produce reduced booms while flying supersonically.
Wind tunnel tests are promising, but there are a lot of hurdles to overcome.

www.uasvision.com...

The biggest obstacle is the need for new legislation permitting supersonic flight over areas of the U.S. where it is currently prohibited; that is anywhere outside of designated supersonic corridors and ranges used for military training.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

There is not realy a need for a SSTO to fly over populated area, there is enough desert to do so. And I think surely the first user of a SSTO will be for a long time the Air Force, and may be this technology will never fall in a civilian use.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

darksidius
and may be this technology will never fall in a civilian use.

I hope not it would be a crime!

It would hold humanity back and retard our economic growth!

Anyway Britains private sector working on a SSTO in SKYLON and seems to be getting positive results.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

This would make their work easier and faster.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Your right I read on the web : the USAF is interesting by the work of Reaction Engine, it is a good news with a sponsor like USAF the possibility to see a day our dream child of the SSTO may become a reality, don't worry military will be the first user and time after the civilian.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Zaphod58

This would make their work easier and faster.

What do you mean keeping it classified for a long long time? Or Britains private sector work?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If it was to go white it would change their work and allow faster development.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Zaphod58

If it was to go white it would change their work and allow faster development.

Ahhh it makes sense now

If this new propulsion have the potential you say it could be such a massive boost to your economy.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Could this be a motive for bringing it into the white? Knowing that it would be the key to making many projects in the works in the commercial sector come to fruition?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

edit on 29-1-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Sammamishman

Could this be a motive for bringing it into the white? Knowing that it would be the key to making many projects in the works in the commercial sector come to fruition?

A SSTO would reduce costs so much it would create a MASSIVE boom in NEO minning.

If anything that's a reason alone to out it as prosperity and plentifull resources is one way to reduce wars.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

In another way you can built a fleet of military spaceship I love this idea I want my Star Destroyer (joke)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

darksidius

In another way you can built a fleet of military spaceship I love this idea I want my Star Destroyer (joke)

You joke but the USAF toyed with the idea in the early 6o's of using fleets 10,00 ton + nuclear pulse battleships armed to the teeth in orbit. Kennerdy apparently had a fit over it! Read up on the project Orion papers (what been declassified) its quite amusing what the USAF General atomics was working on.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And you really think they stopped working on stuff like that?

But it's not the USAF, it's the Navy.
edit on 29-1-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Navy would probably be a prime candidate for something like this, easy to explain a sailor going away for a few months rather than a pilot and they've had experience sitting in cramped metal tube for extended periods of time

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

What...... no holo-decks or swimming pools?!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Stealthbomber
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Navy would probably be a prime candidate for something like this, easy to explain a sailor going away for a few months rather than a pilot and they've had experience sitting in cramped metal tube for extended periods of time

Actualy in the book i was reading orion :the atomic spaceship (george dyson) i think they did have that debate of navy or airforce as serving on a orion would have been akin to a nuclear sub. Think there was even plans that stretched ad far as key NATO mixed crews.

Would have been a diffrent world if they had got there way with a fleet of 12 battleships. Would have insured westen dominance for a century as who could stand against that?

Funny as it sounds so pie in the sky conspiracy but it was really a actualy plan and even today alot of nuclear phycists agree nuclear pulse propulsion would work.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

And you really think they stopped working on stuff like that?

But it's not the USAF, it's the Navy.
edit on 29-1-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

Well yes and no. When the project got terminated its thought a few spin off projects happened as a few of the scientists involved stayed on. Mainly i think from the data avalible most the research ended up going down the route of directed energy weapons.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think the nations that hold the massive dept we would incur from such a project would be able to stand against us.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join