It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Detective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
New show that just started on hbo. Only 2 episodes in so far, so if you have hbo you can catch up easily. Airs on Sunday nights, staring woody harrelson and Mathew mcconaughey.

So far, I'm completely hooked. Excellent cinematography and acting.

Here's the trailer if any of you are interested.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shanegm

Hey shanegm,
I just watched both episodes today! Really great acting!
I was a little surprised that those actors were doing a tv show...them both seem to be constantly turning out movies...? Actually quite a few familiar faces in the show so far.
I expect a lot of people will watch because there are such big names in it.
S&F
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Watched both episodes, good writing and good acting. Kinda dark and cerebral. Looking forward to more episodes.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

jacygirl
reply to post by shanegm

Hey shanegm,
I just watched both episodes today! Really great acting!
I was a little surprised that those actors were doing a tv show...them both seem to be constantly turning out movies...? Actually quite a few familiar faces in the show so far.
I expect a lot of people will watch because there are such big names in it.
S&F
jacygirl

Yeah I used to avoid Mathew mcconaughey like the plague, but lately he's been spewing out pure gold. Quite the turn around in his career imo.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shanegm

Great show. Per usual for HBO. Glad you are helping bring this show to people's attention. The way it is set up I wonder how they could do more than one season, ya know?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shanegm

Yeah one of the best new shows i've seen in a while. Don't see it lasting more than 1 season though given the plot and high profiled actors, but hope i'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

I guess the show is going with different actors next season. Maybe it will be connected in someway with this seasons plot.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shanegm

My buddy just turned me on to that show....I think the best part is woody and matthew...great acting....it hits close to home cause i started out on the job being like woody...and ended like matthew...really can relate...getting pumped about that and vikings! Oh and the new black sails coming out on stars...got to see the pilot already and its great.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have heard this show is very good and the pilot was considered one of the best off all time. I need to get a hold of it and watch it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The show is an anthology, like American Horror Story. Each season will be a different cast and story.

www.newrepublic.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So far the show is pretty good. The way they are telling the story is pretty interesting.
But I'm not sure where they are going with it.
McConaughey is still surprisingly thin in the show. I'm assuming he hasn't put on much weight after doing Dallas Buyers Club.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Someone (wish it was me who noticed) caught that the crude painting next to Marty's bed is the same as the mural in the ward where Rust interviewed the rescued girl a few years later. And the little girl just to her left was reading a book called "Monster".

Clues, hints, red herrings?

new topics

top topics

join