posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:39 AM
reply to post by Akragon
I can and have lived off $15 an hour... quite comfortably
1) that depends on the state you're in, meaning...do you have state income tax, Sales tax? if the total combined taxes are 23% ...it begins to look
2) What is the property taxes set at for commercial properties? (this is HUGE because it's what keeps rent high on apartments
3) What do you pay for you rent per month..? 200, 400, 600/month? do you share expenses with someone because where I live .. you can NOT touch a 1
bedroom (decent construction w/o cockroach infestation for LESS than 500/month.
4) What is your food expense? for a single person I'd say 300-400 /month and that might be calling it low
5) do you own a car or motorcycle? If the later, congrats, you get 30-40 mpg but with a old 1990's car with a 6 banger will get 15-20mpg, but then
Now, do I expect you to spread your life out in all this, certainly not, but I've been making 13-15/hr for 15+ years, as a single guy and as a
married man, and it's brutal.
Spill the beans, tell us your favorite 'fishing hole' on how you manage to live comfortably in hopes that I / we can adjust our measly lifestyles to
accommodate our income ..
Cuz' I haven't seen it and 15/hr does not add up in my books