It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED: The DEA Struck A Deal With Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Cartel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As the article says there have been rumors about the arrangement for years.

An investigation by El Universal found that between the years 2000 and 2012, the U.S. government had an arrangement with Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel that allowed the organization to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs while Sinaloa provided information on rival cartels.

Sinaloa, led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, supplies 80% of the drugs entering the Chicago area and has a presence in cities across the U.S.

www.businessinsider.com...

Zambada-Niebla's lawyer claimed to the court that in the late 1990s, Castro struck a deal with U.S. agents in which Sinaloa would provide information about rival drug trafficking organizations while the U.S. would dismiss its case against the Sinaloa lawyer and refrain from interfering with Sinaloa drug trafficking activities or actively prosecuting Sinaloa leadership.

"The agents stated that this arrangement had been approved by high-ranking officials and federal prosecutors," Zambada-Niebla lawyer wrote

Zambada-Niebla also alleged that Operation Fast and Furious was part of an agreement to finance and arm the cartel in exchange for information used to take down its rivals. (If true, that re-raises the issue regarding what Attorney General Eric Holder knew about the gun-running arrangements.)

Just another straw on the back of well meaning evil dumb*sses... The drug war has corrupted society and government; Oh let us count the ways!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I'm sure this is one of the many reasons the dems are desperately trying to pass a non-death penalty bill for federal crimes, now.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Now THAT is some news.

My my my caught with their hands in the cookie jars eh? Allowing cartels to funnel drugs in to major American cities, for intel?

Bad play DEA. Another nail in your coffin.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not only that but also have areas of Mexico filled with strong violence.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This cant be true, America dont deal with terrorist

Did all those movies lied to me?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Previously posted here.

Accusations and atetmpt for cover up date back to 2011. and from the first link, the deals dated back to the Clinton admin.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Did all those movies lied to me?

Nah deep down Hollywood is sometimes the MOST realistic portrayal of how things work in our world

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Somebody already made a thread about this a week or so ago. It looks like you have all the same data that was in the other thread too.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I must assume that is nothing but a cover story for the real situation. As I've said repeatedly on ATS when this topic comes up, the War on Drugs is a façade, a cover story in total. And here, we have a cover story for a cover story.

In short, the whole scheme is simple. Supple the drug users in the US with drugs, the money is shipped south where the billions are used to keep the richer aspects of Mexico flourishing and the whole apparatus of various levels of governmental functioning (or not) with bribes.

As long as Mexico stays somewhat afloat for the wealthy and middleclass from the influx of that money, then Mexico can barely stay solvent. Seriously cut the flow of drugs into the US and Mexico's economy falls apart and the average Mexican will want to head north creating an immense international headache that would bring chaos, war-like situations to the southern states at the least. There would be an unofficial war by southern citizens against the invaders which could then give way to a genuine US civil war if the federal government wanted to try to accommodate the refugees against the will of the US citizens.

As it stands, the proceeds of drug money going south conveniently keeps Mexico on life-support without much government aid from the US. Stop that illegal flow of case, and the US taxpayer/citizen, by federal decree, would pay in direct, multiple ways for the rescue of Mexico and its self-imposed, dire state of being.

What price does the collective US now pay for helping the cartels continuing to exist? Not much, if you can easily dismiss the drug use of any and all kinds within the ghettos and all across America.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"For the greater good" is code speak for "hypocrisy".

Our law enforcement readily admit that they will lie and possibly violate the law int he "pursuit of justice". Cops who work in narcotics regularly end up in rehab, then reassigned to a different job duty. It happens around here all the time. Our local Media Affairs officer....he got busted back when he was on the narcotics task force. At the same time his wife found out about his girlfriend, who was my across the street neighbor. It was some good people watching during those times!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As stated

Previously posted

HERE

Closing

new topics

top topics

join