It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Botanists trace Voynich Document to the New World (South America)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Most "Who Discovered America" research seems directed at Europe. And the Atlantic Ocean IS smaller than the Pacific. Although the most adventurous explorers were the Pacific Islanders who had no written language, "lived lite" with disposable goods, and left no statues or carved stone messages. And despite the barrier of the Andes Mountains on the west coast of South America, a primitive Brazilian tribe has Polynesian DNA.

io9.com...
DID PACIFIC ISLANDERS REACH SOUTH AMERICA BEFORE COLUMBIS?
"According to Sergio D. J. Pena, a molecular geneticist at the Federal University of Minas Gerais in Brazil, Polynesian mitochondrial DNA sequences have been identified in the remains of Brazilian Botocudo Amerindians. Pena linked these haplogroups to people originating from Polynesia, Easter Island and other Pacific island archipelagos. And to make sure the data was reliable and not contaminated, he had the identification confirmed independently in Brazil and Denmark."

This article curiously spends too much time back-pedalling on the evidence, but it's still interesting none-the-less. I also liked the theory that the South Sea Islanders that arrived in South America may have been "traders." Commerce has always been a driving force on Earth. So maybe Marco Polo did get to the Americas before Columbis, spurred on by rumors of exotic people, animals and vegetation.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Or..."And between 1817 and 1843, approximately 120,000 slaves were shipped from Madagascar to Brazil — and some of them were probably transported to areas where the Botocudo also lived. Although the researchers consider the latter scenario to be the most probable, Pena says: “We currently don’t have enough evidence to definitively reject any of these scenarios."

Madagascar was colonized by folks from SE Asia who were the ancestors of the Polynesians and those folks got to the mad island about 2350 to 1500 years ago.

The quote above came from your link.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
no virus alerts for me when i accessed the site so it seems safe ,interesting read i have always been curious about this relic and good to see some ones working on it

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
no virus alerts for me when i accessed the site so it seems safe ,interesting read i have always been curious about this relic and good to see some ones working on it

Are you talking about the Seraphinianus codex? If so what exactly would you expect to be found by 'working on it"? That the maker himself hasn't said?

<< 1   >>

join