It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your DEEN(religion)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by logical7

I serve no man nor god, if you wish to be a slave please continue bit God will be cool with me thinking this way.
The god in books is not the true god but a man made tale made fpr the populace to allow others to control.

Good to finally meet a man who had created himself and arranged for his own sustainence to boot and so doesn't need to be grateful to anyone but himself.

It was nice talking to you. I don't thing I am good enough to talk anymore to enlightened souls like you!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Would majority people at your place agree to live within the self sustainable standards rather that being parasites on other nations?

Yes, I would venture to say they would, if it was available to them at a reasonable price.

"My place" is 300,000,000 people - and there are LOTS of us who barter for goods and services; I'll trade you this for that (whether a product or a service). It's not hard. You seem to think all of us at "my place" live in castles and drive Lamborghinis...
this is FALSE. Those are the 1% - they are Wall Street, and they are absolutely indifferent to ANYTHING except "profits".

We also "give our stuff" to each other - have you ever looked at 'craigslist'? The big corporations have driven most of the Mom/Pop shops out of business. By driving prices down using exploited labor from overseas. I think it is the Government's responsibility - for allowing off-shoring and tax havens/loopholes.

The 99% are pissed off about it. You don't seem to get that, logical7, no matter how many times it's been on the media or said on ATS or shouted by protesters. Governments that ALLOW foreign corporations into their countries and ALLOW the workers to be treated as chattel with unsafe, inhumane conditions are just as much to blame as those that 'encourage' out-sourcing and off-shoring. It hurts millions of people.

Are you looking just to BLAME the "people at my place", to find fault with EVERYTHING we do, say, and think? All these months of trying to explain to you the REALITY at "my place" seems to have done NOTHING to sway your opinions and assumptions and projections onto "us" in "my place."

Why does the Bangladeshi government do, rather than supporting their own citizens' well-being (which they certainly aren't doing)? Why do they allow them to work for foreign corporations in dangerous, substandard conditions - to live in slums - to pay people pennies a day? It works both ways. You are correct that the corporations are greedy and insensitive. They are monstrosities.

edit on 1/24/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

logical7
reply to post by rickymouse

I never asked for religion. I asked for the DEEN.
It's interesting that you think that we need reference from a mediator to approach God. It's a very pagan idea! Not surprising if we know how Christianity evolved after Jesus pbuh was not there to guide anymore.

How could we actually talk to god unless we went through something with great energy and frequency. The earth provided everything we need to be here on earth. The frequency of vibration we utilize is what makes us what we are. This frequency determines our shape. Change the vibration frequency and you change the shape. The overall frequency we start from is the frequency of vibration of the earth. All life is associated and complient to this vibrational frequency, but we alter our diet to keep the desired shape, This is an epigenomic property so the main DNA does change rapidly causing evolutionary changes to fast. Now this paragraph is definitely pagan.

Most all the old religions knew the earth was a mediator, the mother of all life. God is the creator of the earth, but god is centered far away so going through the mother may be necessary to reach god. It is a link, not god itself. I can see the earth and so I believe that the provider can channel my prayers. This planet is a conductor and emitter of energy. So am I, but my energy level is not high enough to tie to god without being tied to something more powerful.

So, Now what the heck is DEEM. When I looked it up it said it was religion.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

logical7
I don't need to know exactly who sent me money to be thankful for it. The same goes for having this life, food to eat etc etc .

Aye, but the mainstream religions say you go to hell for not giving yourself to god, so if you didn't direct your thanks to me, then I would then curse you forever 'theoretically'

I don't like that, and is why I dislike mainstream religions.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

boymonkey74

I serve no man nor god, if you wish to be a slave please continue bit God will be cool with me thinking this way.
The god in books is not the true god but a man made tale made fpr the populace to allow others to control.

I do understand the sentiment since I hated religion (especially christianety) until I had spiritual experiences since I saw that manipulation that religion causes and how it is used by people who are more like living demons in behaviour than humans. It is not right judging god by the beliefs of man (the fallen ones). The non dualistic core ideal that push for symbiosis and unity that exists at the core of the masters teaching (Rumi, Jesus, Nanak, Buddha, Krishna) is what I follow. If god deviates from it then I will of course tell god if I notice it and I expect god to tell me when I deviate from it. The god I know encourages symbiosis with it, not enslavement like a bully to it.
edit on 24-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

iRoyalty

logical7
I don't need to know exactly who sent me money to be thankful for it. The same goes for having this life, food to eat etc etc .

Aye, but the mainstream religions say you go to hell for not giving yourself to god, so if you didn't direct your thanks to me, then I would then curse you forever 'theoretically'

Mainstream religion becomes all about garment and people who are hiding what they are under those garments. As an example the whole Syrian conflict where the leaders of Saudi Arabia have stakes in Syria to create an Sunni Salafist state to get their gas pipe to Europe. So greedy people who do not care about anything but money uses religious duality to get Muslim to kill Christians who have lived in somewhat peace in Syria for ages with their Muslim brothers and sisters.

If the people who control Saudi Arabia and manipulate people thru the priests are called Muslim then Muslim is the last thing I would choose to be on this planet, since from my point of view these souls are the lowest of the low and tainted beyond compare.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I choose not to visit a church, as existence itself is my church. My appreciation for nature, humans and all of the magnificent wonders in this world are my prayer. Every religion has its wisdom, I really do enjoy listening to others about their belief systems. There is much to be learned, if we can but stop and appreciate our differences.

God, Energy, Source, Creator, Universal Consciousness - a Rose by any other name...

I really appreciate the Four Agreements also:

-Be impeccable with your word
-Don't take anything personally
-Don't make assumptions
-Always do your best

payta
Yeah we get shaped by society, but we already bring our own burden.
What i mean by this, is you should embrace your sexual instinct, its not a sin or anything to be ashamed of.
Your shouldnt have to choose between logical reasoning or blind faith.
You shouldnt stop being curious.
We were made by this "god thing", this cosmic intelligence, the way we are, we should embrace ourselves.
We will get to know god not by repressing ourselves and our impulses, but by understanding better who we are, by asking questions and finding the answers. It should feel right.

YES - I love everything you wrote here! We should absolutely embrace ourselves. I feel that sin is a man-made concept meant for control, creating fear and causing judgement of others.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
after some thought i am going to go with this:
You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

iRoyalty

logical7

Tell me isn't it extremely unjust to know that you have a creator and yet refuse to acknowledge that. It's an insult to one's own intelligence and rationality. If God has a Plan for people after this life and there are two choices then who is to be blamed for going against one's reasoning and making the wrong one?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

God is the creator of the earth, but god is centered far away so going through the mother may be necessary to reach god.

Isn't that a wild assumption?
It's very pagan too.
Our creator needing a mediator to hear us!
It's like talking to your mother through her assistant.

For the meaning of DEEN see the OP.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

logical7

God is the creator of the earth, but god is centered far away so going through the mother may be necessary to reach god.

It's very pagan too.

What is wrong with making wild assumptions. Christians do it all the time. How is this Pagan, going through Jesus is still utilizing someone to reach god. Collective consciousness can also form a boost in signal strength I suppose, joining Christianity may also work. I suppose the muslims go through Mohammad collective consciousness.
edit on 27-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am just saying that the present way of living is harmful to many both at your place and around the world.

And a question to you. Yes the greedy corporations are responsible but I have never seen you bring their non religiousness as a factor that influences their evil profit seeking actions?
Aren't the materialistic evil corporations run by heads who tend to be atheists in behaviour?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

rickymouse

logical7

It's very pagan too.

What is wrong with making wild assumptions. Christians do it all the time. How is this Pagan, going through Jesus is still utilizing someone to reach god. Collective consciousness can also form a boost in signal strength I suppose, joining Christianity may also work. I suppose the muslims go through Mohammad collective consciousness.
edit on 27-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Boost signal! Lol
Do we talk to God with Radio waves?

Muslim's don't go through Muhammad pbuh to pray to God.
God is the Creator of space but not subject to it nor in it.

The idea of a channel/mediator to God is pagan. It just leads to confusion and over time ends up making the mediator as an object of worship.

I do not get why is there a need of a link when one can directly call on God.

How ridiculous to assume that earth/Jesus pbuh/saints can listen but God can't!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes the greedy corporations are responsible but I have never seen you bring their non religiousness as a factor that influences their evil profit seeking actions?

Their "non-religiousness"? Right, I've never brought that up because it's ridiculous. Because religion has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all. It's "business", and a person's "religion" doesn't affect their greed, when it comes to "business."

That is you projecting. Again.
Did you see the thread I made about the jackass that "threatened the Pope" because the Pope calls for caring for the poor?
He was a GREEDY RICH GUY, who got pissed off at the Pope for saying that "the poor need help".

He was not a non-religious person. The problem with "religion" is that it can be (and is) used to justify anything that the 'religious person' decides to do. The multi-millionaire Mega-church Preachers come to mind. Religion is, and has always been, a MONEY-MAKING enterprise.

Perhaps you don't pay much attention to USA's ("my place's") political drama - it is the Christian Hard-line Right-Wingers that are fighting care for the poor.
They used to be called "The Moral Majority" - and they are STILL the ones trying to get control of the government, and bitching about having their wealth "stolen" .

You just don't understand that. Do you? No, you don't.
Have you ever looked at my threads in Social Issues, logical7?

It is the most religious people who are the ones trying to defend rampant capitalism.

edit on 1/27/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The idea of a channel/mediator to God is pagan. It just leads to confusion and over time ends up making the mediator as an object of worship.

Then you have to recognize that "revealed religion" is also wrong.
If Muhammed had not had anything "revealed" to him, you wouldn't have a religion. He was a channel BY DEFINITION.

Tell me isn't it extremely unjust to know that you have a creator and yet refuse to acknowledge that.

The only way you "know" that you have a "creator" is because Muhammed said so and you choose to believe him.

Don't you see the double-standard here??

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

logical7
How ridiculous to assume ...

logical7
Isn't that a wild assumption? It's very pagan too.

You ask people what their 'way of life' is ... but then when they answer, you mock them. What is 'pagan' to you, isn't to others. What is 'wild assumption' to you, may not be in reality. What is 'ridiculous' to you, isn't to others (reminder- most of the planet thinks your religion is 'ridiculous') If there is going to be a thread asking people what their 'way of life' is, I would hope it wouldn't just be used as a vehicle for a preaching agenda.

That being said .... what's my 'way of life'?? It changes as I learn more and grow. Which is healthy. Hanging onto old beliefs which prove to be wrong or 'stunted in growth' ... hanging onto them out of guilt or fear or indoctrination ... is bad for the spirit. Change and grow as we learn more ... or the soul withers.

edit on 1/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
10 Most Absurd Right-Wing Lunacies This Week: Pity the 1% Edition
Here's an example, logical7, of how the "Religious Right" defend rampant capitalism>

one little excerpt:

5. Chicago GOP hopeful: Autism and dementia are God’s punishment for LGBT rights.

God is one wrathful, spoiled dude. And he hates gays. Haaaaates them. Hates anyone who likes them, accepts them, tolerates them, or doesn’t fight tooth and nail against them having equal rights. So, to punish us, he sent autism and dementia. He is nothing if not inventive with his scourges.

So says a most-enlightened, oh-so-charming Republican candidate running for Congress in Illinois. Her name is Susanne Atanus, and she has a personal, direct line to God, so she knows.

“I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first,” Atanus told the Chicago Daily Herald this week. “God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions.”

And here we thought God was just sending a lot of bad weather to retaliate for LGBT rights and abortions.

Please recognize, and try to honestly understand, that the article linked is using "SARCASM" to ridicule the "religious right".
This "religious" person is using "God's wrath" to demonize people who tolerate LBGT people.

Note the lines RIGHT ABOVE the last: The quote from this "religionista".
"I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first." So she's saying it's God's wrath that is the root cause of dementia --It's ridiculous!!

See, what you don't understand is that people like me, who speak up about inequality, social discord, environmental destruction, and moderation/redistribution ARE PERSECUTED by the RELIGIOUS!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here's another:
How Christian Tribalism Empowers Hardliners Against the Wishes of Most Americans

More than any other group in America, the Christian right knows that you can shove through a massively unpopular policy by appealing to people’s sense of identity and solidarity. Indeed, you can often get people to support you who would be utterly repulsed by your actual agenda.

How do they do it? They understand better than anyone how, in politics, identity trumps grittier concerns like actual policies. Labels like “conservative” or “Christian” create intra-group loyalty that allows the radicals within a group to push their agenda knowing that while the majority in their group may disagree with them, they won’t fight too hard because they don’t want to be accused of not being Christian or conservative enough.

Understanding how identity often matters more than belief is key to understanding how the religious right manages to gather so much power while pushing an agenda completely out of lockstep not just with the mainstream of America, but the mainstream of conservatism.

and another:
Humanity Is Becoming Increasingly Less Violent, with One Exception -- Religious Violence

Studies demonstrate the world is becoming less violent, and that human warfare is on the decline. There is one aspect of the human existence, however, that continues to ignite humans to commit violence and atrocities against fellow humans. A major new study published by the Pew Research Center shows that religious hostilities reached a 6-year high in 2012.

and yet another:
Robertson: Muslim Neighbor Invited Demonic Presence Into Your Home

“Kimberly” said that after she took in a neighbor who was kicked out of his house by his father, she “felt an evil presence while cooking in my kitchen” and “heard him praying to Allah in my home.” She asked Robertson if she undermined Jesus’ teaching that “just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me” by asking the neighbor to leave.

The televangelist agreed that while she shouldn’t just limit her charity to other Christians, “that doesn’t mean you have to bring an unclean spirit into your home.”

“If somebody in truth is worshiping some sort of a demonic presence then that will pervade your home and no you don’t offer hospitality to something like that,” Robertson said today on the 700 Club, while admitting that he doesn’t understand the circumstances. “You don’t have to offer hospitality to a coven of witches, for example.”

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

Do you see??!!! These are "Christian" people with BUTT-LOADS of money, exacerbating Islamophobia, and promoting "Christianity".
They are just as dangerous as the Taliban or Al-Qaeda - and they have LOTS of money. But, they're VERY RELIGIOUS.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

wildtimes

Yes the greedy corporations are responsible but I have never seen you bring their non religiousness as a factor that influences their evil profit seeking actions?

Their "non-religiousness"? Right, I've never brought that up because it's ridiculous. Because religion has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all. It's "business", and a person's "religion" doesn't affect their greed, when it comes to "business."

That is you projecting. Again.
Did you see the thread I made about the jackass that "threatened the Pope" because the Pope calls for caring for the poor?
He was a GREEDY RICH GUY, who got pissed off at the Pope for saying that "the poor need help".

He was not a non-religious person. The problem with "religion" is that it can be (and is) used to justify anything that the 'religious person' decides to do. The multi-millionaire Mega-church Preachers come to mind. Religion is, and has always been, a MONEY-MAKING enterprise.

Perhaps you don't pay much attention to USA's ("my place's") political drama - it is the Christian Hard-line Right-Wingers that are fighting care for the poor.
They used to be called "The Moral Majority" - and they are STILL the ones trying to get control of the government, and bitching about having their wealth "stolen" .

You just don't understand that. Do you? No, you don't.
Have you ever looked at my threads in Social Issues, logical7?

It is the most religious people who are the ones trying to defend rampant capitalism.

So you are saying that their extreme selfish behaviour has nothing to do with a materialistic belief and assumption that they would be answerable to none and just die and rot in their graves?

I never said that religious people cannot be greedy,selfish etc but then they come under the category of hypocrites.

I only am trying to point that you highlight the religiousness of bad people but dismiss the non religiousness of other bad people.

In short religion can make people behave better especially if they truly believe that they will be answerable to God.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm Christian Agnostic Egyptian Christian
Your argument is invalid.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join