It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your DEEN(religion)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My way of life is the way of life.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

BlueMule

logical7
Deen(arabic) is very wrongly translated as religion. It is more like "way of life"

So everyone has a Deen. What's yours?

Mine is the Love religion.

“Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. LOVE embraces all.” ― Rumi

Multiple level information for the seekers. 2 spiritual poems in one video.

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trust in who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know (yeah!)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I gave you a flag and star because I want to see what others have to say as well...

obviously there are already a number of us in agreement about

The Golden Rule
Reincarnation/karma
Spiritual Beings having a human experience (one of probably many - in order to have the time to learn all the lessons).

Yes, my spirituality is with me at all times. I strive for justice, equality, dignity for all, end to wars and violence, and respect for the rights/needs of others. My role in this lifetime is to care for my family - be a help-meet/teammate to my husband and to nurture my children, spread goodwill to others, learn all I can, and stay as optimistic as possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Do I have to have a religion? I believe in god, whatever it is, and possibly the presence of some unknown beings referred to by some as angels. I believe the ten commandments are good for society. I believe, from evidence, that Jesus was a Messiah, filled with the holy spirit of god. The man himself way not god, the spirit that was within him may have been god though.

God is just a word that we use to represent this high being. To reach god we need to go through a mediator. Jesus was said to be born of the virgin Mary, the mother is considered the representation of the spirit of the provider, the spirit of the earth itself. Through this entity we can relay a message to the father or god.

So what religion do I believe in? I don't have a clue. There are good parts to every religion and there are also some bad things too. So I guess I'll believe something we call god exists and stay out of believing an a particular religion. I like talking to god when I walk in the woods or out by a lake. It relaxes me. Churches are stuffy and full of people who wear unnatural chemicals which bother my breathing, so I don't like to go to church very often. I don't see a problem with a lot of what I see in all the religions, including Buddhism. I can't understand how the little differences in these religions drive a wedge between people myself. I suppose the radicals in these religion cause lots of chaos.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

wildtimes
I gave you a flag and star because I want to see what others have to say as well...

obviously there are already a number of us in agreement about

The Golden Rule
Reincarnation/karma
Spiritual Beings having a human experience (one of probably many - in order to have the time to learn all the lessons).

Yes, my spirituality is with me at all times. I strive for justice, equality, dignity for all, end to wars and violence, and respect for the rights/needs of others. My role in this lifetime is to care for my family - be a help-meet/teammate to my husband and to nurture my children, spread goodwill to others, learn all I can, and stay as optimistic as possible.

I completely agree with the Golden rule but I don't think that everyone manages to follow it beyond a certain degree.

If someone is buying branded clothes that were made by exploiting labourers in third world countries or uses gas for which countless people had to die then would you consider that someone responsible?

Golden rule in direct interaction Is easy to do but what about the ripple effect of ones actions?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I never asked for religion. I asked for the DEEN.
It's interesting that you think that we need reference from a mediator to approach God. It's a very pagan idea! Not surprising if we know how Christianity evolved after Jesus pbuh was not there to guide anymore.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Words
My way of life is the way of life.

Yuo seem to be an enlightened one!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Everyone has a "religion"....religion is a Belief System.Everyone believes in "their religion". Everyone in this thread has expressed their religion with at least one doctrine of belief/faith.It doesn't matter that some believe in a "herd" organized religion you still believe in "your" version of it and NONE have the same belief system. That is the nature of mankind.

Religion is not qualitative.No persons "religion" is superior to anyone else's. Only different .All religions are alike in one way.They are all incorrect simply because religion is "belief". There is zero proof of anyone's religion.Religions nature of "belief" is to NOT know.Some may think they don't have faith yet the fact is ALL they have is faith.

There is not one thing of anyone's religion that can be proven as 100% factual.As a matter of fact it is impossible for anyone to prove they EXIST!That is the nature of the physical realm "life". Life simply means at it's core "spirit".The life mankind is living is "the spirit of man".That is the only "spiritual" experience anyone is having...and every human is HAVING the experience of "spirit of mankind" if they are breathing and alive.

One of the cores beliefs of religion is "mysticism"(most don't know they believe it). Many believe there is Something "out there" when in fact your life is wholly in Here!There is no out there spiritual that can be perceived. Mankind can only perceive life in the physical realm. That doesn't mean there isn't another realm of life/spirit. However it is futile to speculate that that outside of the physical realm life/spirit can be perceived in the physical realm life.It is impossible.Mankind can't even come close to perceiving what is right here in the physical realm.It is speculation.

No one has ever seen (nor ever )will see inside an atom.The distance between the stars are so great it is impossible to travel to them "in the physical realm bodies.The vast majority of the cosmos is not made of matter but unknown sources dark energy and dark matter.Matter itself is 99.99999999999999999% empty space!Everything in the physical realm "barely exists.

All of these dilemmas should point to the obvious.Mankind knows essentially NOTHING of what THIS life is about how could it be possible to know anything of another life OUTSIDE of the physical realm...yet billions believe their religions Belief System (BS for short) enables them to "perceive" something impossible to know.If anyone is even close in their religious belief system it is a "true believing"atheist. They know absolutely nothing and don't claim to know anything more.

The bottom line is everyone believes their Belief System.It is absolutely futile and in vain to try to convince anyone of your belief system..and trying to do so is definitely in complete contradiction to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

There is only one thing of value and that is truth.The first step to knowing truth is denying untruth.There is absolutely NOTHING that can be known until that happens and for that to happen the belief system has to be destroyed...the wide path that "leads" to destruction of belief systems is a "good thing"All are on it...happy trails to you.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I dislike any institutionalised religion, I think it's pretty much close to impossible that they've got it right, this is evident in all the different forms of religion we have.

I consider myself agnostic, since I am open to there being a God, however he has not revealed him/her/itself to me yet, so I'll just keep an open mind.

After saying that about organised religion, I do follow Buddhism, however I do not see it as a Religion. I do one chant to thank the Buddha for his teachings, then bow to his statue, but that is a symbol of respect to me, not of worship. His teachings don't require faith, only discipline, and they have improved my life SO much, I have the Buddha to thank for a lot.

So I guess I'm an Agnostic Buddhist!

EDIT: Just realised you mean't not religion, but this still defines my way of life. I follow the Four Noble Truths and then that obviously leads on to the Eightfold Path, which I'm quite sure I break 'Right Speech' on here on a regular basis

I also take things how they come, what I can see, hear AND touch are thing that I give reality to.
edit on 24-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

yet billions believe their religions Belief System (BS for short) enables them to "perceive" something impossible to know.

Nobody claims to perceive something impossible, they just rationally figure out that a creator is needed just like someone can figure out a fire by seeing smoke.

If anyone is even close in their religious belief system it is a "true believing"atheist. They know absolutely nothing and don't claim to know anything more. 

Now that is just wrong! Atheist claim to know that there is no god. You may have meant agnostic. A true atheist is actually irrational.

The bottom line is everyone believes their Belief System.It is absolutely futile and in vain to try to convince anyone of your belief system..and trying to do so is definitely in complete contradiction to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. 

You base this on an initial assumption that all beliefs are wrong which itself is a wrong assumption. There can be one truth. There can be One God or many gods in truth so one belief is more correct depending on how close it is to the truth. Keep on refining that and you would get a belief that's the truth. Yes we cannot reach that unless God reveals it. If God didn't then you are more correct but if God has revealed it then you are not.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I consider myself agnostic, since I am open to there being a God, however he has not revealed him/her/itself to me yet, so I'll just keep an open mind. 

How do you expect God to reveal Himself? Any criteria? Directly or indirectly through signs?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Anything, I think trying to predict the movements, way of communication, even physical make-up of a being beyond our comprehension is like trying to show the Mona Lisa to a lizard.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

iRoyalty

Anything, I think trying to predict the movements, way of communication, even physical make-up of a being beyond our comprehension is like trying to show the Mona Lisa to a lizard.

But the higher Being/our Creator would know of ways to communicate with His creation In a way that they can understand. Right?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

A big puff of smoke followed by God dancing doing jazz hands and such would prove it to me.
Oh and then for a finale he can make it rain crispy Bacon
edit on 24-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

True but he/she it would also make it obvious to me, trying to get us to rely on pure faith seems silly.

It would be like me sending you money when you have money troubles without you truly knowing, then getting angry that you haven't thanked me.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If someone is buying branded clothes that were made by exploiting labourers in third world countries or uses gas for which countless people had to die then would you consider that someone responsible?

It depends on whether or not that someone is AWARE of the human cost of their consumer-choices. I don't know how many people pay attention to the 'ripple effect' - I do, and I protest it by NOT buying 'branded clothing' - but we all need clothing. All of us...
I am able to sew, and have often made my own clothes (a time-intensive and skill-based thing - takes practice and has a learning curve). But those who have no clothing AND no sewing skills - what are they to do? I shop at Thrift Stores mostly - or look for Made In USA labels to avoid buying in to the exploitation directly - my husband refuses to buy anything made in China.

It is the people who KNOW about the exploitation and ripples but STILL take advantage of it that are, yes, responsible.
That's why product/corporate boycotts work. It's also the responsibility of the society at large - I believe that countries should do business only domestically WHENEVER POSSIBLE - it is rampant "global trade" and "off-shoring" that is exacerbating the situation.

That said, even if someone KNOWS - how much can they personally do about meeting their needs (clothing and transportation) when the infrastructure is set up in such a convoluted manner that 'following the exploitation' is nearly impossible?

Support local businesses - Mom and Pop shops, small business owners - buy locally grown food and locally produced goods - avoid Walmart-type stores when possible - and refuse to do business with major culprits - a big bank or a petrol provider (I boycott BP, for example). Basically the only power a consumer has is to be very selective - but finding a local source isn't always possible anymore - and if a person doesn't have much money - it's even harder to avoid the trap of buying items made at human cost, as those products are more expensive).

It is GOVERNMENTS that are responsible for the well-being of their people - ALL of their people - not just the rich ones. And as long as Government is IN BED WITH BIG BUSINESS, it will be how it is - exactly how it's ALWAYS been.

edit on 1/24/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

boymonkey74

A big puff of smoke followed by God dancing doing jazz hands and such would prove it to me.
Oh and then for a finale he can make it rain crispy Bacon
edit on 24-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

With a reply like that I do wonder as to who is really God between you and God!!!

You make it to look as if you are entitled to be served by God. I am very amused by this reverse way of thinking by many here.
Can you tell me from where this sense of entitlement comes?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

iRoyalty

True but he/she it would also make it obvious to me, trying to get us to rely on pure faith seems silly.

It would be like me sending you money when you have money troubles without you truly knowing, then getting angry that you haven't thanked me.

I don't need to know exactly who sent me money to be thankful for it. The same goes for having this life, food to eat etc etc .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I serve no man nor god, if you wish to be a slave please continue bit God will be cool with me thinking this way.
The god in books is not the true god but a man made tale made fpr the populace to allow others to control.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Corporations are Geedy and people at your place feel entitled to a certain high standard of living(salary) making the greedy businessmen take the jobs outside.

Would majority people at your place agree to live within the self sustainable standards rather that being parasites on other nations?

That's a way of life, a DEEN and it's harmful to millions of innocents all over the world.

I appreciate that you try to keep your actions in harmony with the amount of knowledge and understanding you have

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join