It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your DEEN(religion)?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Deen(arabic) is very wrongly translated as religion. It is more like "way of life"

So everyone has a Deen. What's yours?

What you think about the place of religion in one's life? Should it be personal and completely seperate from a person's way of living or the beliefs should mould the actions in every part of life?

Would love to see the responses...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I am a proud member of POEE.

Also known as POEE or rather the paratheoanametamysikhood of Eris Esoteric.

In my faith I am known as Pope Dillinger de Batman, KSC, KGA Esquire

Hail Eris (or don't)

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Mine's Karma, what goes around comes around!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

flammadraco

In one's lifetime?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

logical7

flammadraco

In one's lifetime?

If your asking for a religion, then I describe myself as believing in Deism.

Karma is a good way to live, doing unto others how you want to be treated etc. I'm also a believer that our souls are eternal and always reincarnating time and time again both in this universe and others and with that said whatever you do wrong in this lifetime has payback in the next.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Deism. Thats the one i find fits me the best.

We should embrace ourselves just as we are. With our rights and wrongs.
I try to be good to everyone, cause thats how id like everyone else to be.
I reject any sort of revealed religion, or strict dogma. You gotta enjoy your time here, do no wrongs.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

So the belief in reincarnation springs from a belief in karma plus the observation that karma does not work in the same lifetime.

Do you include the idea of reincarnation when doing any actions? Isn't it comforting to know that even if you do wrongs you would get many chances?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

Are we really what we are at birth or our Deen gets shaped by the kind of society around us?

I would rather say that we should try to go back and be as we were as a kid and that would be a better idea for really knowing rights and wrongs.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Religion is a man made creation. In it's most genuine form it was designed to explain the unexplainable. In it's most sinister form it was designed and used as a control mechanism. Religion is a good thing as long as it is used individually and responsibly. Having said that, I am not a big fan of the word religion, or the idea of it. I am a Christian, and I don't consider Christianity a religion... it is a way of life and a conscious choice that I have made to turn from the world and turn towards Jesus Christ. Some would disagree with me and say that Christianity is indeed a religion, and that's fine, they are certainly entitled to their opinion, although I would say to them that they only call it a religion because they have never humbled themselves and accepted Jesus Christ. If they were to do that then they would see that Christianity is not a religion at all, although historically speaking, MANY people have used the name of Jesus Christ to commit atrocities and the like, but Christianity and Christians today should not be judged on this.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

logical7
reply to post by flammadraco

So the belief in reincarnation springs from a belief in karma plus the observation that karma does not work in the same lifetime.

Do you include the idea of reincarnation when doing any actions? Isn't it comforting to know that even if you do wrongs you would get many chances?

I believe if you murder, rape and all those other horrific crimes then yes your soul will be punished in the next reincarnated life.

My day to day actions are governed by treating folk the same way I want to be treated. Personally don't need organised religion to have good morals.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah we get shaped by society, but we already bring our own burden.
What i mean by this, is you should embrace your sexual instinct, its not a sin or anything to be ashamed of.
Your shouldnt have to choose between logical reasoning or blind faith.
You shouldnt stop being curious.
We were made by this "god thing", this cosmic intelligence, the way we are, we should embrace ourselves.
We will get to know god not by repressing ourselves and our impulses, but by understanding better who we are, by asking questions and finding the answers. It should feel right. Like meeting the right girl.

If we sin, is it not ultimately because we were made in a certain way? Is it our own fault if we choose to sin, or is it the fault of he who made us this way? We do not know better, whose fault is it then?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I agree with you over Christianity. A while ago I read about Appolonius the Nazarene of Tyana and was shocked about the similarities between his life and the supposed life of Jesus. I was even more sujrprised when I realised that he retired to Patmos and is most likely the real author of Revellation - along with constantine of course. Religion has never made any sense to me, even as a child and when I read that Constantine had suddenly U-turned and decided that Christianity would be the religion of the then failing Roman Empire, after he had written it up at Nicea, suddenly the use of Christianity as a means of the old Roman Empire keeping total control within its few elite hands made complete sense; especially as there is no record of Jesus ever living except by interpolation within only Christian literature. Despite efforts to destroy all record of Appolonius's life we are lucky that records existed outside Constantine's reach.

I believe in the pagan view of a world with multi Gods or immortal beings and the adage Do as you would be done by.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My religion is treating others as I would want to be treated and loving my neighbor as myself. I don't feel anything else is really needed.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

Embrace our animal instincts?

What about our higher mental functions?

Do we many times justify things because we want them to be that way?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

logical7
Deen(arabic) is very wrongly translated as religion. It is more like "way of life"

So everyone has a Deen. What's yours?

Mine is the Love religion.

“Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. LOVE embraces all.” ― Rumi

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I dont believe in any entrapment or karma. Its all an inner journey the scriptures and even concepts of karma are about inner processes and you are never to point those sticks out at others, but only send love and healing and intercessions on behalf of those you perceive in trouble that they may recover.

Life is a quantum, metaphysical, spiritual journey of infinite progression of all souls, who need some work from time to time, hence dvd simulated reality workshops are arranged for them or they volunteer to come in and try to get others out faster.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure religion and spirituality affects most of our major actions in life. We act according to how we feel, we feel according to how we believe, we believe according to how we think, and we think according to the philosophy we find most agreeable. And given the number of selfish, greedy, abusive, ignorant, or indifferent people in the world today, that's not exactly reassuring.

I give you what you give me. That's my roll.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Non dualistic spiritual being who is in a human body to see this special time in human evolution.

Yes the spiritual knowledge is always with me in every moment helping me find the way forward and making me see "what is" compared to "what ought to be" and will be.

This would be the Islam Sufi equivalent to "my way of life"

edit on 22-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am Spiritual, not religious. I have more of a scientific view....It's the Anthropologist in me

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

logical7
reply to post by payta

Are we really what we are at birth or our Deen gets shaped by the kind of society around us?

I would rather say that we should try to go back and be as we were as a kid and that would be a better idea for really knowing rights and wrongs.

Undogmatic right and wrong is hard since it depends on you being able to see if the action is harmonic/symbiotic/neutral or parasitic. Just because we are taught by religions or laws something is one thing do not mean god make the same judgement. God teaches in increments. When the student is ready for the next lesson god or messenger appear. God knows all and therefore know when you are ready to receive more wisdom.
edit on 22-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join