It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OU campus shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm at work and on my phone. I live in Oklahoma and I'm trying to find out what's happening at OU. News sources are slow, ATS rocks at breaking news. So, what's going on up there?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is all I could find on it right now...

www.kswo.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Norman, OU Police, and OHP Troop A Live Audio Feed

www.broadcastify.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TerrorAlertRed

Wish I could listen but @ work

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mixed reports so far.

Breaking News has a thread on it, the latest updates seem to indicate it might be a false alarm, possibly some equipment backfiring, and that there are no reported injuries.
SOURCE: Breaking News

The latest on KSWO is:

SWAT teams are now reportedly entering Gould Hall, searching for anyone responsible. As of now, we're told there are no more reports of an active shooter or any victims yet.

SOURCE: KSWO

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Oklahoma has a thing with false alarms. When I was in high school we went on lockdown for the better part of a day because a truck backfired.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

And false alarms are even more common across the country now. People are really on edge and easily spooked. At this point it looks like this is probably a false alarm (thank goodness). But I've got the police scanner link that was posted previously playing in the background and police are still working on being sure everything is clear.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Interestingly enough, another school close by went on lockdown today because of (what's being reported as) a disgruntled employee threatening people with a gun because the school wouldn't let her retrieve her child from class.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

It's getting crazy. That sounds like an almost guaranteed way for her to ensure the state doesn't release her kid to her for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was in high school in the 90's and we had bomb threats all the time. Of course, back then noone panicked and it was an excuse to get out of class.
I'm thinking that what happened at OU was some type of a drill that they didn't want to announce. There were no shots fired, and according to construction workers, there was nothing that sounded like a gun. David Boren is up tp some shady stuff.

top topics

join