It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bush Be Arrested?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was wondering this for a while so I thought I could get some opinion on it. Could the president be arrested for war crimes and geneva convention violations. Other countries leaders have gone down and been arrested, could it even be considered possible in America?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Anything is possible, but the incumbent "president" has signed more EOs as escape clauses from more crimes than any other US leader in the nation's history.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It is quite possible that he could be charged but I doubt it. The only country that would is France and as soon as they made the accusations they would flake after we threatened them or we could hold there Israel problem against them

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Text Could Mr. Bush be arrested?

I agree with MaskedAvatar, he has made sure that he or Cheney can not.

And by the way can you arrest God?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sure other countries could arrest bush. Or course that would mean instant war with the US. I'm not sure any country would want that.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Could this country however or the UN arrest its own president and for it to be legal?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It might be, ut if he wasarested he would be on free foot in no time because the us has always a way to free him, if it is with brute force or economic things there is no way he would be prosicuted

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Perhaps in a foregin country, how about the UN? Could they charge him possibly on war crimes.

I doubt they would, but its a hypothetical thought thats a what if kinda situation.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"A kingdom divided against itself will most certainly fall"

You're all in big big trouble. Soon .. Real soon, .... Nope not yet.. you'll know when.

Could Bush be arrested/charged by the UN........
well thats like asking
Would Satan choke the pope with his own rosary......

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It could be done but it would pretty much mean someone would have to do what the US did to Saddam. You would have to invade the US and go get Bush. Good luck

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If by "arrested" you mean "taken into custody", that will be the day.

If by "accused, tried and convicted in absentia", that has already been done countless times right here on ATS.

Somehow, I don't think SkepticOverlord will be showing up at the White House to drag Bush off to the hoosegow anytime soon, however.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Shadow is right.

Should some country attack America on the grounds that it has weapons of mass destruction, and it's leader is corrupt and unfit to lead ? Should another country liberate America from it's leadership and kill anyone that objects ?

No, it is up to Americans themselves to put things right. Either with the ballot box, the law, or the gun.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Have you guys ever seen this before? LoL

Did he Mean it?

or enter the link directly into your "Open URL Link" in your Movie viewer.

atsmov...:[email protected]/bush.wmv

[edit on 21/11/04 by dnero6911]

[edit on 21/11/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
Shadow is right.

Should some country attack America on the grounds that it has weapons of mass destruction, and it's leader is corrupt and unfit to lead ? Should another country liberate America from it's leadership and kill anyone that objects ?

No, it is up to Americans themselves to put things right. Either with the ballot box, the law, or the gun.

When it all comes down to it, the mightiest army wins. And all countries still have a fair way to go to catch up to the US might. Domestically could he be charged however for war crimes, if it were to be brought up by a prosecutor?

dh

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
He oughta be
And for once I'd hold my opposition to capital punishment aside
Unless we could find him a useful job to do

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
On what violations would he be charged with? I'm not wanting opinions of the left, I want hard evidence of any violations!

If he violated any international laws, I think that the world and the U.S. would know that and he would be charged.

As far as I'm concerned, if having a back-bone is a crime, then he's guilty as hell!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He could be charged of course, but who would take him into
custody? Like Kissinger, he would just have to stay out of
countries where he might be arrested. For example
Kissinger can't be promised immunity from arrest in Chile,
Argentina, France, Brazil.. many Asian countries, even Britain.
When Bush is no longer president he would be foolish to
visit ANY Middle East country...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nope, he'll never be arrested. Maybe, as some others mentioned, another country might want him arrested but they'd never get him.
Why ask if he can be arrested? He's been voted in, he has a mandate, and he's in absolute control. He is unstoppable as long as the majority of Americans wish him to be where he is.
He is in charge of the most powerful country in the world and who would dare try to arrest him anyway?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here are the violations of the government headed by George W. Bush:

International Crimes as defined by the
International Criminal Court

The following acts are crimes coming within the jurisdiction of the
Tribunal for which there shall be individual responsibility:

(a) Crimes against Peace:

namely, planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression, or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances, or participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the foregoing:

(b) War Crimes:

namely, violations of the laws or customs of war . Such violations include, but not be limited to, murder, ill-treatment or deportation to slave labor or for any other purpose of civilian population of or in occupied territory, murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war or persons on the seas, killing of hostages, plunder of public or private property, wanton destruction of cities, towns or villages, or devastation not justified by military necessity:

(c) Crimes against Humanity:

namely, murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation, and other inhumane acts committed against any civilian population, before or during the war, or persecutions on political, racial or religious grounds in execution of or in connection with any crime within the jurisdiction of the Tribunal, whether or not in violation of the domestic law of the country where perpetrated ...

You could fill this Topic with hunderds of others besides those defined by the International Crimes Court.

Deny ignorance, even if you are a Bush sycophant.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Good try Masked Avatar. But you see, none of those crimes you list really matter according to the majority of American voters.
They'll want proof of all of it and even if there is real, solid proof there would be some "moral" reason why he did these crimes or it would be put down to more leftist propaganda, or heck, they'd just ignore it all.
Sorry, but we gotta take a ride on the Bush train to hell, whether we like it or not. The election bought our tickets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join