It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't This Recent Image From Kiev in Independence Square Feel Over Edited?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Doesn't This Recent Image From Kiev in Independence Square Feel Over Edited?

Note in the actual details.
-The lighting that was used to capture the moment
-The Snow glare effect that you dont usually normally see them on the faces of the protestors in this image.
-the fire's shape and color does seem pretty much edited.
-Even the smoke and after effects to make seem more of more light effects then an actual image.

What you think ATS notice anything interesting in the details?

Source Image AFP.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow...that looks HEAVILY edited. Almost looks like the opening credits CGI for a war themed game.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its only of interest if its being used as propaganda. How is this image being used? Is it a viral campaign on social media or is a picture on a pamphlet.

Apart from that, the image looks to me more like CGI. I don't see anything natural about it.

Star

edit on ndAmerica/Chicago122uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah, It looks edited, in 2014 you just can't completely trust ANY picture you see on the internet.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm not saying it can't be a fake picture but to me it just seems like it was retouched using HDR, a sadly popular editing method in photography which gives them a surreal look by blending different increment of exposures.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's HDR. Post production technique which has become depressingly commonplace and overused.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What kills me is that Russians always seem to have the most spot-on riot outfits...

Where do they get that stuff? Some special retail outlet? And then they keep a set ready to go in the closet?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yup.

No doubt about it. Lets see what the others say as I have not actually even begun to read the thread. Just took one look at the picture and said yup...

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

You don't have a nice outfit ready and waiting for the riots? How peculiar. I thought everyone did.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Awesome. Is this the latest Call of Duty game?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Now, I have a lot of respect for photographers (because try as I might, I can't capture things as well as people who could set their camera settings blindfolded can) But this is garbage. MOST post-processing is completely overdone, and ruins the pictures taken. This is one of them. It could have been great, if they'd aimed to keep it as close to what the human eye sees as possible. This looks like a movie poster ready to don a low-end theatre's walls.

I appreciate photos by the skilled that are a snapshot of existence at it's naturally artistic. I hate photographers who doctor everything in PS or LR. I have a friend who does portrait photography, and tweaks every single one noticeably when she could have just made a few minor contrast or color temp adjustments and had pure beauty. She's not bad with the straight photos, they're very classy in their unaltered RAW states, but when she's done doctoring them? Just another vanilla drop in the bucket of 'shoppers/Lightroomers around the world. Way to whitewash your own talent.

Sorry for the tangent, I'm already having a really, really bad day, this kind of overdone photo editing is a major pet peeve of mine.
edit on 1/22/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Ask EU's Ashton, Sen John McCain and the National Endowment for Democracy for that answer. Why you think the Pro EU CryBabies wont let the police near their basecamp? what are the protesting hiding there?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

khimbar
That's HDR. Post production technique which has become depressingly commonplace and overused.

I know the difference in photography. But this isn't HDR. The fact how the snow quickly turns to Grey and how the snow doesn't land on the protester (suppodely) face is quite telling.

Its almost as if they took a scene from the least.
Tom Clancy:The division

Like some people its almost as if they took a scene from a video game and the hat looks familiar.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

this is quite obviously a cgi "painting". i cant even believe you would sit here and say its an edited picture. it doesnt even look real. it looks cgi.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I can't provide any expertise is photography but just wanted to share my view. The photo definitely looks odd I can't put my finger on it. However despite the scene in the picture if it's a real picture my god is it a breath taking shot there's a lot of action in there so to speak. Sorry I'm weird

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

jesiaha
I'm not saying it can't be a fake picture but to me it just seems like it was retouched using HDR, a sadly popular editing method in photography which gives them a surreal look by blending different increment of exposures.

I think you are exactly right. The latest camera's even shoot High Dynamic Range images like that ready to tweak. I actually like them and I'd say that was very nicely done in fact. The latest Nikon flagship camera bodies will shoot like that and even shoot without noise in candlelight. At a hefty price sadly.

It gives a wonderfully illustrative effect, but it's certainly not evidence of anything faked.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

khimbar

I know the difference in photography. But this isn't HDR.

Yes it is. It's textbook HDR.

And the hat is very similar to a hat I own. Spooky!

top topics

join