It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're not who you think you are.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hello,

The name of the post is mind blowing for somebody like myself You're not who you think you are.
I understand this in a different way , horoscopes and signs are random acts studied in the past with social behavior ( i am guessing ) , and to try .. just to try .. to disprove this fact with horoscopes , try reading somebody's else's horoscope for a few months. And at your ( youre * i am Romanian, didn't learn english in school just Cartoon Network * ) own best capacity , without "lying" to yourself do that for a couple of months , or weeks .

Let me emphasize the importance of not LYING to yourself so that the finality of the test will determine MORE not less knowledge of oneself.

I tried this experiment with other people , just saying somebody's else's horoscope to them, and the results where amazing
I'd skip the not so good part and always said positive things and 8 out of 10 people were pleased and didn't believe in horoscopes that much after that. from the 10 . 2 were liers and 2 form the 8 were not telling the truth but liked the other horoscopes more ( i found that out later ) .

so.. nextime on : You're not who you think you are. i hope you will gasp what you said in the title better .

and ill leave you with a small playlist of 14 shorts about consciousness
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You're not who you think you are

No argument there.

I didn't get my user manual at birth, or someone didn't bring it from the hospital.

It's funny how we try to define ourselves, to the point of making ourselves and others crazy.

Sometimes it might just be better to live life and have a happy mindset, then we can define ourselves as happy.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great thread.

It's interesting how people consider their sign to be a part of, and maybe even a cause of, their personality. All of it disappears with this small fact.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Im aware there are 2 different star maps, the one we use in the west and then the literal layout when we were born. The sun one is also valid in its own way.

As a Cancer, I fit into the Gemini on the other system. And have Aquarius rising. So this makes a lot of sense. It was like a breath of fresh air when instead of rubies, suddenly I like purples/blues and yellow, lilacs and amethysts and agates. All the things that make me very happy along with yellow/blue combo's, or variants of it. And it also explains so much air in me, that I understand my libra father, even though I don't get along with him, and my fire sign children. I love being air related or influenced. Its consciousness and the power of love that can change things, and even when I'm dragged down into the mire, Im' more mental and mind, and fly free.

To me I kind of theorize, its just a theory, that the sun signs relate to the system we come in from. Ie. Stargate in from, and the visceral real time layout affects our personality.

I also wanted to add, that day by day forcasts, and all the main personality things, may be influenced more by genetics than zodiac. But if you picture something like a universe that is more akin to a plasma screen or hologram, with waves, not much matter here at all, its all waves. What affects waves? Geometry, sacred geometry lay outs, have some gravity or pull. Though the bodies that form the geometry are also waves, the minds viewing it are holding it in.

So a chart isn't just what planets are ascending or in various positions. Its the geometry!
edit on 22-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

We are discussing the constellations that are within the zodiac.

I'm not going to go further, back and forth with you, as there is not really a point.

I think you are not registering the idea behind this thread, and want to purely moderate it or some thing based on your view of it.

Good day.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Hi Chiefs, thanks for replying.

I think that it purely comes down to you. If you feel like an old soul and you can relate to some thing better, then thats your choice.

I do believe we came from the universe and are recycled into it over and over, so who knows we might fit in better with the more senior positions!

It's personal belief vs science.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HerMisfits

This is really neat - I didn't realize that the astrological signs were different at that point in time. I am a Gemini, and according to the 2500 year old astrological signs, I am still a Gemini - hurray for me! I was supposed to be born under Leo (present astrology), but I guess I was meant to be a Gemini; I do feel that there are two sides to me. I do find however that both readings often apply to myself.

Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by osdum

Hi Osdum ,

The relevance of the title is purely to describe what you have mentioned.

Whether you or I read our horoscopes and believe them, that is not the point. Fact is others do, and they believe in them , even though they have no basis. Some people believe their signs to be true indicators of who they are.

If I'm a Tauran and truly believed my scope and incorporated it into my daily life, that would mean it is part of who I am. There for begging the question you aren't who you think you are, when it comes to astrology.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm still the same sign....

I was looking forward to a change too.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hello, this is my first post, Im glad I found this site which I think is a great place to share intelligent infos with intelligent people

When I read this thread I found it really interesting and almost "gamechanging" since even tho im not an "horoscope believer" I think there could be some kind of link and interchange beetween astral dynamics and human behaviour, certainly the zodiac signs personalities traits/descriptions seems to be spot on for ALOT of people, me included(and I guess they always were, given their popularity among the centuries).

So the horoscope can be a case of autosuggestion, or ancestral wisdom, or more likely a mix of both

This "your sign is wrong" thing seemed very reasonable to me and I almost believed it but then I decided to take a further look into it, just to honor my internet rules: check by yourself and research

After a great deal of copy-pasted articles all around blogs and journals(yes! even online journals! almost like people dont give a fu*k about what they post as long as someone posted it before them) I found the counter-thesis dismissing the whole thing

This is a quote and synthesis(dont know why forum tools are not working), I tried to paraphrase this explanation for like, 30 minutes, but I gave up as I feel that accuracy and simpleness are far more important than my ego:
"""The astrological signs are not defined by the constellations you see in the sky. In antiquity, when both astrological and astronomical thinking were based on insufficient data, the names of the constellations happened to be paired with the astrological signs. Today, those pairings are no longer in sync: Astrological signs do not line up with the constellations in the same way they did way back then, due to the precession of the equinoxes.
Western astrologers don't work with stars or constellations. Their focus is our solar system. They study the patterns of the planets and the moon as they pass through 12 zones defined by the relationship between the Earth and sun. Those zones have the same names as constellations because of a historical quirk, but they are unrelated to the constellations."""

Im sorry if there are English mistakes, I lived in a cave, fortunately I had internet there, so I got the most out of it, but the bears I practiced my language skills with were asleep and the people on y-answer went all lik dis u kno wat i mean and dat didnt help

Also. I dont know why, and I dont know if it's worth mentioning, but writing this I had the strongest deja-vu, OF A DEJA-VU! Seriously! Aint that awesome??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join