It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo: Sandy Hook shooter as a toddler.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We have a photograph with a toddler chewing on a gun which is a staged photo that the parents or some other adult has taken. What is the point? Are kids raised around firearms more dangerous than those that aren't? I was raised around firearms and so are my kids They have learned from an early age what they are used for and they never touch or have access to them unless I allow it. Ownership of firearms keeps my family safe.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TomLawless

That's another thing.. for a gun enthusiast, she didn't have very many guns, at least that were disclosed. A shotgun, ar 15, 2 pistols, and a 22?

Also investigators found a check that showed Nancy intended to by Adam a CZ 85 for Christmas. How oblivious was this woman? Her son was planning to massacre her and a school and she was getting ready to give him a semi auto for xmas?

Just weird to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Again, no of course not. Kids raise around guns are not more dangerous (probably the opposite). However in retrospect this opens up some questions (see my most recent above posts).

This isn't an anti gun thread. At all.
I have guns, you have guns, we all have guns.

edit on 22-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ExoPatriotico

He also has a, certainly, decommed grenade between his legs.

I guess it could be another child's picture found in the Lanza's home, or complete b.s., or Adam.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Britguy
I do agree that giving a toddler a real gun to play with is definitely irresponsible, there is no argument there, but what is the context you are trying to determine here? The toddler being given a real gun to handle and chew, or that this is somehow connected to what he did when older?

I know this may be a hard concept for you to wrap your brain around but, this photo represents just one extreme act of irresponsibility on the part of his parents. (I'm judging by your statement above that you agree with my assessment so far.)

Now, if his parents were this irresponsible with him as a toddler, what other irresponsible traits do you think they may have passed on to him during the remainder of his childhood and adolescence leading up to the Newtown shooting?

IMO, that's the question that comes to my mind when viewing the photo and I think it's the one we should all be asking ourselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Also.. although I know there are lots of prepper kids out there and lots of militia kids, i'm not sure how healthy it is to place this kind of emphasis on guns.

I was taught they are a tool and to respect them. This is not teaching to respect them.

It's just very bizarre, and I don't think it's a set up to put the heat on preppers or the media would be running with it a lot more.
I've read the official report (like 40+ pages) on SH and it pretty much lays it out and covers everything from the people in the woods, to the shotgun in the trunk, and the two shirts on the passenger side of the car which was open.

I think A.L. is the culprit, but I think there is some weird incosistencies that aren't being discussed. The family pre-divorce is one.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

thishereguy
i've been on sites like this for too long.... can we be sure it's really him?

I have to agree with you on that.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I too was taught to respect guns as a child and I think I can safely say that my parents would never have allowed me to be anywhere near a gun at that age.

I don't blame gun owners as a whole. I myself, own more guns than I'll probably ever need. Many I bought and many that were passed down to me. On the other hand, I do not own any assault weapons, nor do I have any desires to own one.

I have a 10 yr. old grandson that I have just introduced to his first low power BB gun. My main goal for now is to teach him gun safety. While the vast majority of our time is spent learning gun safety, we also shoot at paper targets and empty soda cans.

All my guns, (including his BB gun) are kept in a locked gun safe when not in use and I couldn't imagine every placing a gun in the hands of a toddler.

On the other hand, the stack of loaded high capacity magazines on the shelf behind the toddler represents a totally different mindset, at least to me. IMO, they reflect a mindset that implies everyone is out to get me and I should be fully prepared to repel a full blown assault at any moment. Pure paranoia!

Hardly a mindset that I would want to instill in anyone. A mindset that apparently "backfired" on his mother.

edit on 22-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This photo depicts a young child in the midst of a "military type arsenal."

I seriously doubt that the alleged mother, Nancy Lanza was the person who owned and displayed that military equipment (supposedly along with her severely disabled son Adam) as shown in the picture. Does the boy in the picture look severely disabled to anyone here??.

We see a grenade of some sort in the lap of the boy, and behind him we see a hand held launcher. On the shelves behind him we see all sorts of high powered military magazines and assorted military type equipment - certainly NOT of the type and kind that we would see a woman (a supposed gun enthusiast) taking to a firing range.

I posted some examples below for comparison and am asking the help of other members in ID'ing what we see in this strange photo.

The more I look at the photo the more bizarre it becomes with respect to the title of the thread.

edit on 22-1-2014 by ExoPatriotico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Obvious fake

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words,aren't they?So basically this was a human bomb waiting to blow.And I thought my family was a mess!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And the Proud Parents of the NRA Award goes to...

*drumroll*

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I may have missed it. I am just saying that when an Idea like what was some-what purposed to the masses that it can be construed in a bad form.

FBI profilers get it wrong all the time however smart, or in-depth as they can be.

Although, surrounding the boy with guns probably wasn't the best parental decision.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

There are a few things here that just scream that this is a staged photo.

First is the way the weapons are displayed as if stored in a permanent ready to grab position. They are leaning against the wall, in a row. No one stores weapons like that.

Second is the magazines on the bottom right. No one stores ammo like that.

Third, the grenade launcher ammo, whatever, is laid out for a photo for sure.

Lastly the boy has what looks like a belt of machinegun ammo draped over his legs.

Adams mother never had any of this stuff....machine gun, grenade launchers, ect. This thread is troll and should be dumped in the hoax bin.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

rupertg
And the Proud Parents of the NRA Award goes to...

*drumroll*

Ohio just passed a law allowing official persons on school property to carry canceled or have at the ready a weapon. This included teachers.

drumroll please!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why are all these Lanza revelations coming out now?
It is odd that for over a year there was silence and now there seems to be a cavalcade of leaks about Lanza.

IMO, considering the info about the 2004 FBI visit to the Lanza home, people should see that his father Peter Lanza doesn't deserve the complete free pass of no accountability that he has been given since the shooting. The facts are beginning to add up that Peter Lanza knew that his son Adam had serious issues and turned a blind eye to them. While I understand that Adam allegedly cut him out of his life, a decent parent would not allow that to be tolerated when he knew his son had serious issues; I don't care if he was 8, 18, or 38-- a parent who knows his son has serious issues and gives a care about his offspring does something. One example that comes to mind is the actor Carol O'Connor who moved heaven and earth to try to save his adult son from his demons; I'm sure there are countless other examples of a parent that gives a care intervening to help an adult child. This "he was over 18" drivel which has served as Peter Lanza's get out of being accountable card is absolutely unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Did you see the grenade in the boy's lap?

I think many here don't realize that this FAKED image was a result of an official release by the ---> Connecticut State Police release photoshopped baby picture of Adam Lanza chewing pistol

I see that the cover shot from the Daily News is even more complete regarding its CROPPING. I am looking now for the original UN-CROPPED version of this photo so as to ID all of the military type armaments displayed therein.

edit on 23-1-2014 by ExoPatriotico because: pic add

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
An interesting speculative remark (hi-lited) that had also occurred to me earlier on.........in other words, we have no idea of who the child moght be but many are making outright comments as to his identity - i.e., as Adam Lanza.

Partial text below taken from - here

CAPTION TO THE PHOTO: A photo found in the Lanza household shows a young boy playing with guns. Photo: Reuters

A chilling photograph of small boy, gnawing on a pistol clutched in his tiny hands, dressed in camouflage and with a grenade and ammunition belt in his lap, was recovered from the weapon-filled home of the Sandy Hook school killer Adam Lanza.
The picture, released as part of the final police report into America's worst school massacre, shows a toddler who looks barely half the age of the six- and seven-year-old children shot dead in their classrooms last December.

It was unclear whether the child in the uncaptioned photograph was Lanza or his older brother Ryan, both of whom were reportedly taught to shoot almost as soon as they could hold a weapon by their mother Nancy, a gun fanatic.
The image, which shows an open gunrack with at least eight weapons behind the toddler, was part of more than 7,000 pages of documents, photographs videos and audio recordings made public by the Connecticut authorities.

ALSO found in this article - I want to know from the readers here - does this really sound credible to you?
IMHO this is NOT a credible observation. In fact, its straight up BS (IMHO of course.)

Among the most shocking details was that 15 bodies were discovered packed "like sardines" in a bathroom where they had desperately sought shelter but were unable to shut the door. The carnage inside the school was so horrific that when paramedics arrived, police tried to screen the crews for those who would be capable of handling the scene. "This will be the worst day of your life," Sgt William Cario warned one, according to the documents.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

I was also wondering - RE: the grandparents of all those murdered children (not to mention aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) As of now I have Googled and Googled again and again looking for ALL of the Newtown grandparent articles that I could find. But all I get are the same four popping up over and over and over. Why no real Bio's of all of them ? We see hardly any images, and/or stories of their pain and sorrow etc? Where is their expected presence through all of this?
So I'm asking - Where are all the grandparents of the Sandy Hook kids? So far, the grandparents seem just as unbelievable as the parents. That's mighty strange that they don't have a strong presence/voice as grandparents, because usually they dote on the young kids.
I know I do!

edit on 23-1-2014 by ExoPatriotico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well.. she knew he was extremely disabled yet when they searched the house they saw a check where she planned to buy him a semi auto handgun for xmas. I just can't understand how she could be so oblivious if he was collecting info and making charts about school shootings.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The thread isn't a troll, and should not be dumped in the hoax bin BECAUSE if you follow the links you will see, as far as the reality presented int he MSM is concerned, this is real. In order for it to be a hoax i would have had to have taken the picture and made up a story for it.

People do store ammo like that and people do keep weapons like that. I don't understand that part of your post.

Obviously the photo is staged in the sense that adults put that on the child for a photo.

We actually don't know how many guns Nancy Lanza owned. We know about the guns that were taken into evidence.
If she didn't own this then we have questions.

Why did she have the photo? Is it Adam? Did she own these weapons? When she was married did she and her husband own these weapons?

edit on 23-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join