It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Curiosity Sol 71 vegetables? or rocks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ok you guys know the drill
The greenish anomaly pops out of the image by adjusting some of the blue out of the image. Don't look at it too long or you'll go cross-eyed

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
And you have been photoshopped! That is a rock with some photo shopped colors.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

hey man, wait a second. since the picture was taken by the most advance self propelled intelligent lawn mower in the known Universe maybe the vegetables are just some old dried up grass clippings that fell off when the "highly sophisticated" mower, er, sorry, "ROVER" trundled over the rock in the first place. also, it really doesn't help the OP to admit that the photo has been "massaged" from the original version. I bet the science guys at nasa are really good at building things like super intelligent but useless "rovers" to send to an already CERTIFIED dead planet. but when have the science guys at nasa built a real spaceship ? yeah. thought so. nasa is as good at space flight today as tom brady used to be at winning playoff games. at first, pretty good. now, not so much. want proof? i give you the ISS. which stands for Intentionally Stupid Solution. thats nasa. build a space shuttle to build a space station so you can splash it into the pacific ocean. and NEVER learn anything useful from it. and make it "international" just to emphasize how cluless the people that run nasa really are. if i didn't know any better, you'd swear the place was being run by kim kardashian !

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Looks like a spoon

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It seems that Martian threads are exploding in our faces at the moment. And everybody seems to want to have a piece of the pie . I'm a believer when it comes to ancient civilizations on Mars. But I don't think what we are looking at here are vegetables. But if that eledged Martian rodent lives around that place you point out ,you'll never know? We just have to sit and wait I guess. ...
edit on 0b41America/ChicagoWed, 22 Jan 2014 03:00:41 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 22 Jan 2014 03:00:41 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
The greenish anomaly pops out of the image by adjusting some of the blue out of the image. Don't look at it too long or you'll go cross-eyed

That is a SNAKE looking right at the camera, and its body curves off to the right, then down, then loops back up behind it. You can even see a pattern on its body, especially where the body curves back up slightly. You can see the sides of its eyes, nose holes, and the mouth!

They need to quit taking pictures in the Mojave Desert and telling us its the surface of Mars, LoL...
(Just kidding. Unless I'm right.)
edit on 1/22/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

new_here

SayonaraJupiter

That is a SNAKE looking right at the camera, and its body curves off to the right, then down, then loops back up behind it. You can even see a pattern on its body, especially where the body curves back up slightly. You can see the sides of its eyes, nose holes, and the mouth!

They need to quit taking pictures in the Mojave Desert and telling us its the surface of Mars, LoL...
(Just kidding. Unless I'm right.)
edit on 1/22/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

It's not a snake, it's a snake's skin...just been shed.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So far we have the following suggestions:
a. dried up grass clippings that fell off the rover/mower
b. a spoon
c. a snake
d. a snake skin
e. photoshopped

Here's the link to the Curiosity mast-cam index for SOL 71.
Mastcam: Right
2012-10-18 01:39:27 UTC

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

It's rock gas. A lot like swap gas, but different...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

Here's the link to the Curiosity mast-cam index for SOL 71.
Mastcam: Right
2012-10-18 01:39:27 UTC

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I don't know about you, but that whole page is full of odd looking not-rocks. And some of them obviously peaked their interests, seeing how they used different color filters and zoom-ins, like they were trying to figure out what-the--???

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

new_here

I don't know about you, but that whole page is full of odd looking not-rocks. And some of them obviously peaked their interests, seeing how they used different color filters and zoom-ins, like they were trying to figure out what-the--???

Oh you noticed that too!! Haha!! The image that we're talking about here on SOL 71 had too much blue in it. I am not gonna say that NASA/JPL did this on purpose. But I do find that the R-G-B levels on the downloadable, original source file, are not balanced, the Blue is cranked up higher.

I don't know too many practicing scientists, personally. Well, just two. I do know a zoologist and a botanist. I asked them both about this rock/shadow/green/anomaly thingy. Neither of them were impressed. However, neither of them are Mars freaks. They were being conservative in their judgements because they were not overly familiar with Mars or the Curiosity mission.

Do you think I should make more illustrations, with arrows, circles and annotations?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Ek sien f*kol
2nd

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Do you think I should make more illustrations, with arrows, circles and annotations?

I do indeed. I'll look forward to them...

new topics

top topics

join