It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I try to be Open Minded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm open towards life being out there. I know it may not seem that way sometimes, But eh. I enjoy watching the shows(the documentaries), reading the books,(I've read most of the popular books) even if some are BS, and nothing but money grabbing ventures, there are a few that are interesting.

It's an interesting subject.
But when it comes to the Aliens visiting Earth, UFO sightings etc...
It bothers me that there is ALWAYS (well at least 90%) some convenient excuse as to why a person can not prove their experiences.

1.)Those who claim to have regular contact with the aliens. Their photos/proof mysteriously vanish. The camera stops working. Their computer is suddenly "hacked." Though they claim to have nearly daily contact with aliens they have no proof to back it up.
2.)The government always manages to delete the files/video.
3.)They were the only person to see this ufo somehow.
4.)Rather it's the self proclaimed insiders/experts (who you would expect to be prepared as a few have made a living off their claims) they always have an excuse as to why they can't prove their claims.

I can go on and on

Point being there is always an excuse when as too why someone can not proves their experiences/claims.
Why is this?
Am I the only person this troubles?

We are left with a "just trust me" , "just believe me" situation, that I find kinda frustrating in the age of hoaxes, attention whores, trolls etc.

I sure there are totally believable normal people out there who unexpectingly saw something weird in the sky they have no way to prove it at that moment.
But this is directed to those who seemingly have routine experiences, or are in positions that they should have some sort of proof.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

HIya bud. I hear you. Do you like to read?

The Trickster and the Paranormal

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Point being there is always an excuse when as too why someone can not proves their experiences/claims.
Why is this?

We are left with a "just trust me" , "just believe me" situation, that I find kinda frustrating in the age of hoaxes, attention whores, trolls etc.

Instead look for trends. I haven't quantified it but I notice a large shift in the crap material that has come out, and we go through various stages of agenda driven material being released. Sometimes some of it is easily connected back to something while other times it's perplexing.

Also look at official operations into disinformation and/or the subject at large, the resources invested and why exactly every effort has been made for the subject to look foolish. It doesn't actually fit in with official reasons or unofficial reasons.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Agree with OP for the most part, the reason there is no compelling evidence for actual aliens who ride on spacecraft is because the whole UFO/alien phenomena is a smokescreen for inter-dimensional shapeshifting beings which cause the phenomena people ascribe to UFO/aliens. It sounds far fetched, more so than aliens to some, but trust me as a long time researcher, look at it from this viewpoint and go over the research again and everything will begin to make sense...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I gave you a S + F. You ask a question that nobody has been able to answer. not a one. what's going on up there? i have seen things i cannot explain, in the night sky. i've never had a daylight observation, but then again, if one of your favorie things is REALLY amateur astronomy, then that kind of explains a lot. the things i've seen are nothing more than lights in the sky. but they are lights in the sky that DEFINITELY do not exhibit the properties of something that was built by man OR nature. So what where they? beats me. I know they exist. they are fascinating to watch. but what are they? only fry and leela know for sure
!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Nailed it.

It's been disinfo since New Mexico. Look at Mogul.

I would love any links you could provide. I will also look into intentional disinformation by media/military in recent years more thoroughly. Sometimes the agenda is so subtle, I fail to see it's immediate workings.
edit on 22-1-2014 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

Found this.

www.oregonmufon.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

boncho

Why is this?

Instead look for trends. I haven't quantified it but I notice a large shift in the crap material that has come out, and we go through various stages of agenda driven material being released. Sometimes some of it is easily connected back to something while other times it's perplexing.

Also look at official operations into disinformation and/or the subject at large, the resources invested and why exactly every effort has been made for the subject to look foolish. It doesn't actually fit in with official reasons or unofficial reasons.

So what are the recent trends and forecasts?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Hi Blahable,

I think once in a while you'll see some thing intriguing but it doesnt always mean its alien. Being part of a site, or community where these encounters and topics are sought after , people will try to find some thing from nothing, and this may or may not be intentional, but it is a sort of ''hype'' to fit in and be liked or be present within this area of interest.
When it comes to those who seem to have constant encounters and no evidence, I think people like that lack attention.

They need to talk about some thing to make people pay them attention, listen to them etc etc

Best thing to do is not bother reading it, follow what you believe and not what any one tells you to believe.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Diamonds in the rough. Gotta separate the wheat from chaff

I think we have to appreciate that any alien civilization that has attained interstellar travel has advanced technologically in countless other ways and if they so desired to remain hidden they would no doubt excel in that. It's quite logical than to think they could visit often and not leave much if any evidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Despite my own experiences, there are some fairly unexplainable and rather extreme cases regarding potential E.T. and advanced craft.

I believe Nick Pope was asked several months ago while he was here answering questions, what the single most compelling incident regarding UFO's has been.

His answer? Rendelsham Forest. I'd say that's a good place to start when looking for compelling evidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Totally agree regarding the Bentwater case, but for those of us that believe it was a saucer that crashed near Roswell, there was also alot of evidence. But as pointed out this is ground central for the big disinfo regaring ufo's beagn, and it really hasn't let up yet IMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

denybedoomed
reply to post by boncho

Nailed it.

It's been disinfo since New Mexico. Look at Mogul.

I would love any links you could provide. I will also look into intentional disinformation by media/military in recent years more thoroughly. Sometimes the agenda is so subtle, I fail to see it's immediate workings.

Found this.

www.oregonmufon.com...

I tend to agree.

The UFO/Alien conspiracy machine is a gold mine of free disinformation cover for the Government.

And for a government that has proved itself incapable of plugging its own sieve of intel leaks, disinformation would seem to be the best option.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Perhaps the Extra Terrestrials not only have a way of remaining anonymous physically, but also digitally. I mean if they have advanced to the point of where they can preform interstellar travel, then there is no doubt that they could easily manipulate any tech that we have developed to ensure that anything legitimate that could verifying their existence beyond a doubt is apprehended.

Or maybe we as humans are just really good at coming up with convincing stories.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

zechloringer
Perhaps the Extra Terrestrials not only have a way of remaining anonymous physically, but also digitally. I mean if they have advanced to the point of where they can preform interstellar travel, then there is no doubt that they could easily manipulate any tech that we have developed to ensure that anything legitimate that could verifying their existence beyond a doubt is apprehended.

Or maybe we as humans are just really good at coming up with convincing stories.

Finally someone who recognizes some the patterns of truth. The painstaking research of Grant Cameron points to a variety of variables that add up when it comes to UFO's, ET visitation, and their craft. Sure some could be military or ourselves from the future, but some are for sure ET given the amount of credible research linked to government officials that worked in defense or industrial complex, that have alluded to the "us and them scenario." This government disinfo theory that is gaining popularity here, is just too convenient to explain away the oodles of good research and work uncovered in the 70's 80's and 90's. And how long has this dis info tactic been employed? Thousands of years? Cus there are reams of ufo sightings from ancient times recorded throughout the entire globe. The US gov. admitted that ufos have psychological effects and interfere with electronics and compass magnetic signatures.
The case that smacks of truth to me though is the unlikely group consciousness and consolidatory nature of the African school children's experience who interacted, locking gazes with grey aliens who disembarked in their school yard. Dr. John E mack was mystified by the veracity and collective corroboration that the drawings testimonials provided. The psychic effect was truly a smoking gun for me. These brilliant young well spoken and well educated minds would not be collectively falling under the disinfo spell and all the influence of the polluted ufology field.
The way the teacher said the children reacted as a flock of birds fleeing in terror as if having experienced a traumatic event.

On another note if you cross compare the Drake equation,(which says something like tens of thousands of earth like planetes with ET life on them) with the trajectory of our own evolution with flight and exploration, then I'm sure their are hundreds if not thousands of potentials trajectories similar to ours that are hundreds if not thousands or even millions of years ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The military, and particularly the U.S. military is equally bad at the info/disnfo IMO. For example, the Stephensville ufo's when many witnesses said they saw military fighter jets chasing the ufo's, and when contacted the military will at first deny the allegation that any jets were involved, and then later may say none of our planes were involved with any ufo's, but we did have some in the air for training purposes. This exact scenario has happened time after time after time.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Blahable
1.)Those who claim to have regular contact with the aliens. Their photos/proof mysteriously vanish. The camera stops working. Their computer is suddenly "hacked." Though they claim to have nearly daily contact with aliens they have no proof to back it up.

Theres the problem, anyone claiming prolonged, regular contact (especially those whos contact is through mental or 'psychic' means) is 99% of the time lying, the 1% who might not be lying arent worth worrying about since its impossible to separate them from the other 99%. Even those with 'proof' are basicly lying, given the track record of people like Adamski, Meier and others who stand in their foot steps.

If they claim that sort of contact, best and only coarse of action is to ignore them, given the far larger part of UFO sightings are one off unique experiences (which is far more plausible).

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Even my mothers current husband claims too have been abducted, he had missing time. the non working watch. And bloodtype RH- . Ill ask him about his eperiences and post a thread

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I know how you feel.

I try to be open minded when it comes to aliens and UFOs, and am always looking for some kind of conclusive evidence. There are times when I just can't believe and I say to myself without solid evidence how can I believe something. Isn't that what one of the issues in believe in God, it can't be proven, so how can I believe it? But then there are days when I say, I don't need proof, simply due to the size of the known universe; to believe there is no other life out there, in a universe this size is very ignorant isn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the absence of evidence does not mean that evidence is absent.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Blahable
I'm open towards life being out there. I know it may not seem that way sometimes, But eh. I enjoy watching the shows(the documentaries), reading the books,(I've read most of the popular books) even if some are BS, and nothing but money grabbing ventures, there are a few that are interesting.

It's an interesting subject.
But when it comes to the Aliens visiting Earth, UFO sightings etc...
It bothers me that there is ALWAYS (well at least 90%) some convenient excuse as to why a person can not prove their experiences.

2.)The government always manages to delete the files/video.
3.)They were the only person to see this ufo somehow.
4.)Rather it's the self proclaimed insiders/experts (who you would expect to be prepared as a few have made a living off their claims) they always have an excuse as to why they can't prove their claims.

I can go on and on

Why is this?

I sure there are totally believable normal people out there who unexpectingly saw something weird in the sky they have no way to prove it at that moment.
But this is directed to those who seemingly have routine experiences, or are in positions that they should have some sort of proof.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

What you don't know may hurt you!
Open mind or Empty Head?
Being stupid is no crime, but being stupid and having a closed mind
should be a crime!
Be careful of what you think as thoughts are more powerful
than words.
I am here to find others like me and not here to get grief.
It is find to question folks that have talked to grays or
that have been abducted, however it may be wise to not insult them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join