It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'Race' May Blunt Poll Standing in Interview

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A Message to Obama: “Being Black Isn’t Your Problem… The Problem Is You Suck!”

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It seems to be the reason he largely made it into the White House was due to his race. Now he wants to sit and cry because his numbers are dwindling is just silly. I am counting the days until he is out of the White House and it has nothing to do with me being a racist. Do have to wonder if all the blacks who have lost faith him in are racists as well. Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No, Mr President, we don't like you not because you are black,,,, it's because you're a stinking lier!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It is always about race with this guy, who may be the most racist of all at the end of the day???

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

umm, I thought it was obvious for a very long time, that a great deal of vitriol seen towards Barack Obama was due to race. From the people AND the politicians...How has this not been obvious?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

tencap77
I had to give you a star and flag for saying obama and "blunt" in the same sentence. yeah. obama is a smart lawyer. which means he is EVIL and smart! how hard is that to figure out? lawyers fight with words. you KNOW the kind of person obama is. he'll tell you. he grew up poor. and disadvantaged. funny. so did i ? guess what ? I'm pretty much back in the same boat now even after snagging a six figure income by "working hard" and "keeping my nose to the grinstone". wanna know what ? the people i knew when i was making six figures are just as good or just as bad as the people that i know now that i make just enough to get by! SURPRISE! obama is just a big, cowardly, p*i&k with an axe to grind. let him grind it. oh yeah and there's that other thing about him that everybody knows. He digs eugenics and is a communist. !

This may be hard to comprehend but not all lawyers are evil. Shock horror, I know. Many go into the legal profession because they want to defend the innocent, or see violent criminals brought to justice. This whole Obama thing being into eugenics is completely new to me, but I've heard the Communist non-sense way too many times. If he is a Communist, I want my vote back, because Wall Street is breaking records every day. Communist indeed.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ive been hearing alot of talk about the gov intentionally trying too ensite a race war. Blacks are supposed too be the main targets. Ive even heard of the KKK passing out door to door flyers.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why is it when this administration doesn't get what they want or things dont go the way they want it. Its those dang racists that cause the problems and not their inability to do the job.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Obama is so far removed from a black person in a ghetto that you couldn't even compare him to what a racist white dislikes.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I don't think race will be an issue in the next election.

Had race been an issue in the last (2) elections, Obama would not have been elected in the first place.. and he knows it!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
He's obviously anticipating backlash, so he's using race as a smoke screen so that people forget about the foibles that got him the low approval rating to start with.

The USS Obama is a sinking ship and all his crew should bail out before it goes under, they need to find his successor quickly or the republicans will have a clear path to the white house.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie
He's obviously anticipating backlash, so he's using race as a smoke screen so that people forget about the foibles that got him the low approval rating to start with.

The USS Obama is a sinking ship and all his crew should bail out before it goes under, they need to find his successor quickly or the republicans will have a clear path to the white house.

To use a quote of Hillary "what difference does it make " Obummer is in office and will be there
to the end of his term,nothing will change that.This guy should have been impeached a long time ago,
it will never happen,it seems both sides of the aisle are afraid of him,he knows it.

"At this point" "What difference does it make"

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

snarky412

President Barack Obama said racial tensions may partially explain his declining popularity among white voters, according to a story in the New Yorker magazine this week.

No...the Author of the article inferred this, not the President.

There is no indication that this was anything but the author's doing in linking the two ideas together.

Full article here.
www.newyorker.com...

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, which was posted on the publication’s website yesterday and appears in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president,” Obama said in his most direct comments on how race has affected his political standing since he’s been in office.

I have no doubt this is true. "Some people" support him because of race and "some" people oppose him for the same reason.

I don't think those numbers of people significantly effect polling data.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Indigo5

snarky412

President Barack Obama said racial tensions may partially explain his declining popularity among white voters, according to a story in the New Yorker magazine this week.

No...the Author of the article inferred this, not the President.

There is no indication that this was anything but the author's doing in linking the two ideas together.

Full article here.
www.newyorker.com...

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, which was posted on the publication’s website yesterday and appears in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president,” Obama said in his most direct comments on how race has affected his political standing since he’s been in office.

I have no doubt this is true. "Some people" support him because of race and "some" people oppose him for the same reason. I don't think those numbers of people significantly effect polling data. [/quote
]

Damnit, that is twice this morning that you said exactly what I was thinking! The other time was over at the thread about the Obama administration suing S&P.

I am not a fan of the President and didn't vote for him. But I don't hate on him just for any stupid reason (real or imaginary). In this case, I saw right away that Obama didn't say that those who don't like him because he is black are the reason for his drop in support, the writer took what Obama did say and then added his interpretation (loose interpretation, I might add).
Totally taken out of context I'm sure.

And yes, what Obama was quoted as saying, was true and accurate.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Indigo5

I don't think those numbers of people significantly effect polling data.

Ive seen race playing a part in elections up close and personal. Our county has several towns in it, one is East St Louis. If you are familiar with ESL, its mainly black and a large area. When the counts were made one guy (independant) was winning by a bit. ESL votes came in and a Dem won. A Black Dem.. who was also previously fired for nepotism and misappropriation of funds concerning a city. No one could believe he won. Well.. ESL votes for race and its been this way since I moved here.

East St Louis
White alone, percent, 2010 (a) 0.9%
Black or African American alone, percent, 2010 (a) 98.0%
quickfacts.census.gov...

We see race pay a HUGE part in things in this area. Maybe if you are living in a bubble or only seeing what you want to see you dont realize it. The rest of us do, though... in our daily lives, our towns, our counties, our schools, everywhere. Race plays a HUGE part... and it plays a part you dont typically see because they dont want you to see it. You have to actually pay attention.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Race may indeed have played a part in getting the man elected. But what he (Indigo5) is saying is that race is not likely the reason for the drop in the President's poll numbers.

Everyone seems to be missing the point.

Those people who voted for Obama because he was a black man, aren't likely to disapprove of him now and those people who didn't vote for him because he is a black man didn't support him in the first place, so how could they even account for any drop in the President's poll numbers?

That thinking makes zero sense.
edit on 23-1-2014 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

toolgal462

Race may indeed have played a part in getting the man elected. But what he (Indigo5) is saying is that race is not likely the reason for the drop in the President's poll numbers.

Everyone seems to be missing the point.

Those people who voted for Obama because he was a black man, aren't likely to disapprove of him now and those people who didn't vote for him because he is a black man didn't support him in the first place, so how could they even account for any drop in the President's poll numbers?

That thinking makes zero sense.

IMO Race is why he has as "high" of an approval rate as he has. I got what he was saying.. I was taking out a specific quote.. that I quoted... and gave more info on race actually impacting results. It can impact negatively or positively.. depending on where youre sitting.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

But the premise of the article is that Obama is saying that his race is somehow responsible for the drop in his approval rating. And he never said that.

The writer said that.

What you are saying might be true as well, but it still doesn't explain how this particular writer came to the conclusion that Obama thinks that it his race (and whether you love him or hate him for being a black man) that accounts for the drop in his poll numbers.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

toolgal462

But the premise of the article is that Obama is saying that his race is somehow responsible for the drop in his approval rating. And he never said that.

The writer said that.

What you are saying might be true as well, but it still doesn't explain how this particular writer came to the conclusion that Obama thinks that it his race (and whether you love him or hate him for being a black man) that accounts for the drop in his poll numbers.

Not really a mystery.. the writer took a quote and wrote an article. Writers read a quote and write what they interpret it as.. many times with their own commentary ... pretty common.
The OP opened up a subject for discussion.. and thats what we are doing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

But the writer is not being truthful, he is implying that Obama said something he most definitely did not say. And then you have everyone jumping all over it - saying that Obama is "playing the race card" again.

But he didn't. The writer did.

Discussion is fine, but the discussion should be based on truth, not false extrapolations made by the writer to cause people to believe something untrue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join