It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'Race' May Blunt Poll Standing in Interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Everything you just went on about was about the media and some blurbs from debates. Honestly you are going in all sorts of directions and if you can't remember the flipflops then well then you have a bad memory I dont even know why you keep going on about the media. You originally said nothing in my post was true then you backtracked, now you want to debate....well all kinds of crap. No thanks. If you really want to chase the flip flops here just type in "romney flip flop" and there are several threads you must have missed them. Even some trying to defend it.ask.abovetopsecret.com... And yes you definitely seem to be in the bubble.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Well it seemed to me the GOP has been tearing down Christie all on their own. I don't want another Clinton but it looks like she will be the ticket.

In a country of over 300 million the choices always seem to suck.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You obviously are not interested in actual debate since all I did was respond to YOUR comments in order. I also asked you to prove an assertion you made, which you refused to do. Then I proved my assertion of media bias by proving a CNN employee lied to help Obama in a debate she was acting as a NEUTRAL moderator in, and then admitted she lied. If a person can't help but favor Obama when acting as a moderator how much more will they favor him when they are not expected to be neutral.

Sorry you can't understand the point. Or more likely you are just completely biased and unable to contemplate anything other than that which you have an emotional investment in.

Fact: Romney helped Mass tremendously.
Fact: Obama has done the opposite for the US.
edit on 22-1-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

We've gone way off topic .. topic is Obama and his asinine assertion racism is responsible for his popularity drop. Clearly people of all demographics have become overnight racists.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Sure keep telling yourself that. First of all I never asked you to prove anything about the media you are the one hung up on the media. As for proving my assertions. Do you mean the one you admitted to where he taxed more. What do I need to prove you already admitted it. The 47% comment that damaged his standing. Are you saying it never happened? Romneycare? Are you saying it didn't happen? Oh the last thing his flip flops well I gave you a link.

The other directions you went off into and tried to drag me along....well I just ignored. Nice try though.

Try to remember it was this post that you claimed everything was false of mine. All the other directions you ran in are your issues.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
So now all of the white folks that voted for Obama to prove they weren't racist are now racist? LOL

Reminds me of a black guy I used to work with. He always came in late to work, was inept at his job, and called in sick an awful lot of days.

When the supervisor let him go, he had the audacity to say the boss was being "racist" and he was gettin picked on because he was black.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That makes sense. His white supporters all the sudden became racist and that's why his polls are so low.

Of course he isn't at all responsible, it's clearly racism.

What an A-hole.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Remember one thing, it is ALWAYS been about race with the left. Sexual orientation is a big deal with them as well.

They have been crying racism since day one with this buffoon.

As others have said, it isn't your race we dislike, it's your total ineptness.

I suppose this is what we get when guilty white liberals elect an unqualified community organizer from Chicago so they can feel good about themselves and tell each other "The US has FINALLY turned the corner on racism! Yay!"

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I would like to know where he gets his information from?
I believe there are a lot more reasons to not like Obama
even for those white people that are bigots then his racial
standings! I also believe he has a lot more black supporters
just because of the color of his skin then there are non
African Americans that dislike him mainly because he is
half black! Though this is just my opinion based on his
approval rating and his lack of quality legislation!
It should be extremely obvious to the general public that all
politicians are loyal to the green party and I don't mean the
environmental movement! Makes no difference what color
or creed they are, their only loyalty is to those that got them
there and keep them there! From there it's only a matter
of what little decisions these men can actually make without
their life coming into jeopardy!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Obama is a political genius + Most people want to do what's "right" = no opposition

If Obama, cannot order people to shut up. The next best thing is go put the idea out there that anyone who is against him is racist. Nobody wants to be racist, so they shut up. Politically genius, pee poor leadership, but politically genius.

No white conservative didn't vote for Obama because of his race. Conservative wouldn't list off his list power grabs, and philosophies and say, well I guess I can live with: IRS, Bengazi, NSA, and so on, but I cannot take that he is black. Yet people do believe that....

Mean while, white democrats who would agree with his agenda would be the ones not to vote for him because he is black.

That's not even taking into account of all the black people who only voted for him because he is black. I mean he crushed Hillary in the primaries with the black voters.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If Billary I mean Hilary runs for president the Democrats stand no chance to gain the white house again, people still remember the Clintons very well, "I never have sex with that women", yeah, so freshhhhh ......... he, he.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why yes i will come out and say I don't like Obama because of his skin color!

Sure it has nothing to do with running guns to Mexico.

Sure it has nothing to do with Arming Terrorists in the middle East one day, and then the next inviting them to the White House, and turns around and tells me I can't own guns.

Sure it has nothing to do with spending more money than his predecessor.

Sure it has nothing to do with droning more people than his predecessor.

Sure it has nothing to do with his administration targeting those who oppose him, with the gestapo IRS.

Sure it has nothing to do with the largest expansion of spying on Americans than the 2 terms of his predecessor.

Sure it has nothing to with with the outright lies of Benghazi after bombing the hell out of Libya, and then blaming a video.

Sure it has nothing to do with him forcing me to buy a corporate product called healthcare.

Sure it has nothing to do with him telling me I have to obey laws, but when it comes to 'undocumented' lawbreakers they get rewarded with that most awesome citizenship.

Funny how one group of people have to follow the law but others don't.
Oh wait none of that has jacksnip to do with skin color.

Point of fact most peoples problems with the current savior of the Republic is his GD politics.
edit on 22-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Man, Obama sure does take the cake. At one point in time, I honestly thought no one was going to sound dumber than Bush Jr. Boy was I wrong. And if people are becoming "racists" as he so claims (despite having no leader qualities, numerous f* ups etc. but that can't be the problem, right? haha), it's he that opened the door.

Remember Trayvon? "If I had a son...", Obama showed us that race was alive and well through this whole debacle.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He is also white. White! His mother was white and Dad was black. He was raised in a white suburbia by his white grandparents. His genealogy was also traced back to Ireland, right?

I mean, can you imagine if Mitt Romney had said during his concession speech, well, the reason I did not win tonight is all the black people in America voted for another black person. Now, where this is true
he would have been hung out in the media. Called a racist.

I do not care if the current POTUS was a one legged chinese tranny with a GED high on crack. It is about the job you do not the color of your skin, especially at this level. He was elected TWICE!!!

He is a cry baby....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Obama does have a point, if your on twitter check what the Republicans are saying are they debating the issues? nope, just Obama this Obama that Reagan a hero, Benghazi,Benghazi,Benghazi.

Thats their overall 2016 campaign issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't know why they always wanna play the race card , obama is not even black he is mixed race. he is not classified as black in my country. if he was lighter skinned would black people dislike him? He is losing popularity maybe coz of the endless list of lies and BS . guess people are hating lying idiots

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president"

Firstly your not black, your mama is white or have you forgotten that!

Secondly stop fishing for extra black votes, yes we know what ur up to

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Yeah and those people haven't supported him from the get go. Do you think they just found out he's black? The hope and change he promised isn't what his constituents had in mind.
What was that saying Bush tried to get out.... You fool me once, shame on you.... You fool me twice, shame on me... It looks like a lot of people are tired of the lies and ashamed that they were fooled.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there are many whose dislike of him is rooted and empowered by the fact that he is a black president.

AAC

No doubt that's true - I've seen an academic study that suggests 1-3% of people dislike him solely (or primarily) because of his race. That actually seems low to me ...

But that does *nothing* to explain his declining numbers - those people who dislike him based on race - whatever their percentage, whether it's 1% or 49% (the man *was* elected, after all) - are a constant. They've disapproved of him from the very beginning - and continue to do so.

A decline in support is different - it means that people that approved of him once no longer do so. Since he hasn't changed his race, it suggests that some who supported him before no longer do so based on his actions and performance.

I find it hard to imagine that needs to be explained, but that logic seems to elude people at CNN and MSNBC ...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Are you really going to suggest there aren't people who don't like him first and foremost for the reason that he's black?

Are you really going to suggest anyone who points out this very real fact of life (that racist people exist, go figure) is somehow racist themselves (even if that makes no sense)?

Anyway, it's almost like eveyrone in this thread skipped over the part where he said

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president,”

Hate Obama for one of the plethora of reasons to dislike the guy, but don't take half a quote and jump all over it because it promotes a message you agree with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join