It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'Race' May Blunt Poll Standing in Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

President Barack Obama said racial tensions may partially explain his declining popularity among white voters, according to a story in the New Yorker magazine this week.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, which was posted on the publication’s website yesterday and appears in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president,” Obama said in his most direct comments on how race has affected his political standing since he’s been in office.

Obama Says Race May Blunt Poll Standing in Interview

Seriously?????

Mr.President, most people don't care for you due to your policies and lack of leadership
Many young adults think Obamacare is a sham and have little to no confidence in you as a leader

Despite your Godly view of yourself, not every one focuses on your skin color
You Sir seem to love to play the race card however

Besides, in case you forgot, which you seem to a lot lately, you are bi-racial
You know, half white and half black
You just seem to acknowledge the 'black' half

So, while you evidently can't handle criticism Mr.Obama, it's because of you as a person, not because you're black

Remember, ALL presidents are criticized
You are nothing special, so don't act like you are

edit on 21-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Too bad he is a terrible president. Had he been a great leader he may have changed the view of the backward, racist white people that still exist. Who can argue with better living and jobs? Instead it seems he may have increased racial tensions.

Gettin' us into more wars and pushing for still more wars (and what not).

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Too bad he is a terrible president. Had he been a great leader he may have changed the view of the backward, racist white people that still exist. Who can argue with better living and jobs? Instead it seems he may have increased racial tensions.

Gettin' us into more wars and pushing for still more wars (and what not).

I believe he likes racial tensions
It shifts the focus instead of people seeing what is really going on

Like the fact that Obama will not admit that Obamacare is one of the biggest fiasco's yet and is a total failure and millions of Americans are disappointed regardless of which party they are affiliated with

Shortly after this went into effect is when his numbers slipped at the polls

His narcissistic ways is his undoing
As a leader, he is terrible
People have lost confidence in the man and he's shown time and time again that he can not be trusted

ETA: Also there are numerous scandals in his administration that are under investigation....which are being investigated by his own people, and of course, no one has ever been fired

edit on 21-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Maybe he's attempting to use the race-card again because he is losing blacks and young americans more than ever now -

Only the hard-core communist and elite wealthy are backing him now - even the republican communist and elite wealthy.....

At least this idiot in charge has given the american people a lot to really consider.....

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is the funniest thing I have read in a while. Yeah, your black, well high yellow anyway. No one give a damn. You suck at your job. That is why people hate you. You could be Purple and people would still see that you are a bad president.

We need to all agree that this whole "RACE" thing is something that is being forced by TPTB. I live in the south. We are all cool down here. Yeah some folks are racist, but its out in the open. Everyone knows it and its fine. I have a few "Neo" friends from way back in the day (I do not share their "enthusiasm" for certain beliefs. LOL You get my point), and even they do not talk about how black he is. These idiots stand there with shaved heads talking about his policies. If they don't care about race when talking about him...who the hell is going to??? LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So how does he explain that his approval rating among non-whites, Hispanics and African Americans has also dropped? And this chart is from November - I'm sure the numbers are even lower now.

Of course, the MSM will agree with the messiah and play it up - as his cronies well know. Too many scandals and problems - time to deflect attention again.

edit on 21-1-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windcalmer

obozo can't even get a "race war" going with the avowed racist in the country - now that's a milestone.

People are beginning to see what a "communist" really is in america.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by windcalmer

obozo can't even get a "race war" going with the avowed racist in the country - now that's a milestone.

People are beginning to see what a "communist" really is in america.

Exactly. Its stupid. People will always hate someone else for some stupid reason or another. The fact that he can't ignite it just proves his own statement false!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there are many whose dislike of him is rooted and empowered by the fact that he is a black president.

AAC

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Obama & the extreme leftist may have made it harder for a black to become president again in the near future thanks to their non-stop labeling of people who disagree with Obama by calling them 'racists', playing on white guilt or what ever you want to call it

Being as not many people enjoy being called a racist, some people will then keep their mouths closed instead of voicing their opinion like it has been done for generations, regardless of who is in office

Obama is nothing but a whiney-butt who can't/won't admit to failure and now that people are waking up and turning away from him, he can't stand it

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Interestingly, like others had said, Obama racial background does influence some racially geared people's opinions, but what he is trying to ignore is the fact that his supposed "legacy" of health care reform is actually targeting more the working productive white majority and also screwing the very poor and needy from black majority.

That alone is a big factor as why he is losing support this days, he may want to pull the racial card, but is actually many sides in the "color spectrum" in this nations melting pot and all facing new taxes, penalties and mandatory commerce shove on the working class rear end.

He is either delusional or perhaps his advisers are morons, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out why he has become so unpopular.

edit on 21-1-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So the people that liked him and didn't care about race (since they at one point approved of him) became overnight racists? Makes zero sense.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there are many whose dislike of him is rooted and empowered by the fact that he is a black president.

AAC

What does that have to do with his plumeting approval numbers, which is people who DID like him and no longer do?

Racists never approved of him.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

You are full of # - where do you live?

You are the racist - attempting to call others racist - besides obozo is "half white" .

How many all-white communities do you know in america? Everyone knows someone of a different color - know them as co-workers, nieghbors, friends, relatives....

I call you out on YOUR racism....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Playing the race card even tho he got voted in to the most powerful seat in the World? It wasn't all black voters Obama.

Seriously weak and a sign that he is the true racist here. He just revealed himself.

Obama...want to see why you are despised?

Peace

edit on 22-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

So the people that liked him and didn't care about race (since they at one point approved of him) became overnight racists? Makes zero sense.

^^^Very good point^^^

Nice observation......

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, Ob ain't "black": he's mixed. So for him to profess 'transparency' then chose a color of which he is only part of, is downright deceitful, disingenuous and an outright lie.

And what is it about the mention of "race" and "blunt" in one sentence that makes me chuckle?

Oh, and anyone giving OB the 'benefit of a doubt' doesn't likely have much else to live for.

edit on 1/22/2014 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Personally I can't wait till we get to see the next presidential candidates although I am sure I will be disappointed yet again. Many people do not like Obama some are due to his job performance and some due to race. I know race has been an issue I have seen it with my own family. Oh well it is what it is, and it is his last term. I don't think race will be an issue in the next election.

The thing that needs to happen is quality candidates need to appear, and that is something we haven't had in a very long time. I would say third party, but I honestly do not think any have a chance the way the system is set up. Man I miss that crazy Ross Perot.

Yeah I blame Obama for a lot but I also blame the RNC for who they choose to run against him. They took that "anybody but Obama" slogan way to far and found out the hard way that America isn't that dumb. At least not yet. I can't even remember his name at this point but I liked the other guy that happened to be a Mormon. I think he would have made a good president. He just didn't have the financial backing he needed.

Oh well, it is what it is.

edit on 22-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm just glad that he's at least self-aware enough, more than most of the Obamanauts that I run into are, to admit that there is a flip side to his race thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I had to give you a star and flag for saying obama and "blunt" in the same sentence. yeah. obama is a smart lawyer. which means he is EVIL and smart! how hard is that to figure out? lawyers fight with words. you KNOW the kind of person obama is. he'll tell you. he grew up poor. and disadvantaged. funny. so did i ? guess what ? I'm pretty much back in the same boat now even after snagging a six figure income by "working hard" and "keeping my nose to the grinstone". wanna know what ? the people i knew when i was making six figures are just as good or just as bad as the people that i know now that i make just enough to get by! SURPRISE! obama is just a big, cowardly, p*i&k with an axe to grind. let him grind it. oh yeah and there's that other thing about him that everybody knows. He digs eugenics and is a communist. !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join