It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Prepared - Bugged Out - but now you have toothache!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

sean
My grandmother told me a story that my grandfather had nerve pain really bad and no money or dentist around so he gone out to the barn took some bailing wire sharpened it and heated it up red hot and poked it down through the gum down into the nerve. Ouch! O-0.

Yep, your grandpa is officially a legend!

I had pain so bad one night that I was about to do it with a pair of needle nose pliers. I was thinking "how much worse could it be?" It was so bad that thoughts of suicide crossed my mind. Thank god it only lasted an hour but what an hour! I have a herbal liquor like Jaegermeister that is 70% alcohol, this has numbed tooth pain before at 2 am in the morning, it doesn't last long but you might be able to get to sleep before it gets to bad again. My mom used to use garlic on toothache and other pain like ear ache too (wrapped in cotton wool - oh that brings back bad memories as a little kid going to school with garlic in my ear wtf?). Salt and bi-carb are other things I have heard of and my parents used back in the day but they take time (days) to work.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Well pardon me madam !

If offered advise about a remedy for toothache and it involves oral administration to the most sensitive part of your body I.e. your gums,

I would most certainly research any field cures offered to me on line (ATS) by an unqualified Dentist,

Considering any warnings issued by your countries health department would have litigation very much in mind it would strike me as very peculiar that you do not heed FDA warnings.

Silver is very TOXIC allegedly.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

If you are really worried about getting an infection but can't afford the dentist then you can buy amoxicillan called "fishmoxx". It's on animal med websites and you can get it without prescription. It's amoxicillan for fish but it's human-grade.

I woke up one night with a horrible toothache and spent a lot of time on the internet looking for help when I came across a survivalist website. Apparently these guys stock fishmoxx for their bug-out kits. I ordered some and used temporary fixes like Vanilla extract, clove oil, hydrogen peroxide and salt water until the fishmoxx arrived. That killed the infection.

I find taking Advil gelcaps helps, too. Took 3 every 8 hours to bring down inflammation.

It is just a suggestion, not a recommendation. Fishmoxx did help me, although I did also take probiotics to keep the good bacteria in my gut.
edit on 24-1-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2014 by texasgirl because: *Fishmoxx killed the infection, just to clarify

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The simplest thing to do, is just yank the bugger out with a pair of pliers and pack it with surgical cloth. I'm sorry if you can't stand the thought of physical action but let's face it, an abscess can kill you over time.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How EXACTLY do people think the "world is going to end" that "survival" will be necessary? Y'all already in survival mode. lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Yep, fishmoxx is pharmaceutical grade amoxicillin. I buy it for my dog who needs to be on antibiotics for life. Just make to get it from the manufacturer, there are some fakes out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

You're so right. I thought about giving some to my cat with URI but, for some reason, I was too afraid of hurting him. I'm more of a natural remedy kind of girl and mostly use homeopathy on my pets.

I do believe in having Fishmoxx on hand in case of disasters or anything else that's considered an emergency. Toothaches are the worst pain ever!!

edit on 24-1-2014 by texasgirl because: Added on

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It really is the same stuff you would get yourself at the pharmacy. My little dog is on amoxicllin for the rest of her life, she was already prescribed it, and this saves a lot of money. She has no issues at all. I mix the doses myself using a non dairy product so it keeps well. I have known people to take it too, and some rescues use it. I can not take antibiotics at all so not an option, but definitely a must have for your emergency supply. I pay about $25 for 100 500mg. They also have ciproflaxin. ( ones for gram negative bacteria, one is for positive)
edit on 24-1-2014 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by amatrine

Thanks for that info, it isn't the cost of it so much here but trying to get a prescription that is the hard part. Sounds like it will be useful to have both of these on hand in case of emergencies.

Update on my broken bit of tooth: nothing. But my brother (a sheeple) rang me an hour ago telling me he has broken a tooth with unbearable pain and cant get into a dentist till Wednesday. So I just reeled off 5 pain relief options and more if he needed it - now who is the crazy one hey?

Strange how I have needed this info twice in 5 days.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

I didn't realize you weren't from the U.S. I recommend eating the best diet possible to keep your immune system in top shape so you can prolong the possibility of a toothache or infection.

We can buy amoxicillin for fish without a prescription. It's called Fishmoxx (or Fishmoxx Forte) and it's worked wonders for people.

If my mouth is ever feeling sore I use 3 Advil gelcaps (Ibuprofen). That fights inflammation.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Ibuprofen in the form of gelcaps should help your brother with the pain. Take 600mg (3 gelcaps) every 8 hours. Gelcaps work faster than regular tablets.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

" and the pain isnt relevant unless it hinders propagation. "

Just like marriage

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Colloidal Silver IS NOT TOXIC! I have been taking it for years to fight infection and boost immunity. Decades ago, hospitials used it to sterilize surgery instruments. The health benefits of silver go back to themiddle ages. There are threads on ATS about it. Taking too much at too high a concentration can cause Argyria, a graying of the skin, but this is EXTREMELY RARE and preventable.

Thieves oil is a powerful anti fungal, antiviral, antibiotic. Evreryone should have some of this.
Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Anyone who has suffered extreme tooth pain knows they don't want to go back to the dark ages of dentistry (i.e. piss on your tooth and pull it out). With the cost of dental work now, why wait till you have bugged out to use these techniques?

If bugging out, a single hydrocodone pill should knock out the pain, allow you to keep moving, without impeding your movement.

In a base camp, different story. Best to have some kind of medic in your group, and have an alternate in training.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
well one could use painkillers but that is of course a temporary resolve.
Something I always reccomend to friends with ANY mouth infections or tooth issues
is an ancient technique called "Oil Pulling"
If your lucky to have some Olive, sesame, coconut oil in house then put a tablespoon
worth of it in your mouth and swish it around for 20 mins. DO NOT SWALLOW ANY...
then spit it out and rinse with clean water. Do this two to three times a day, Morning late afternoon
and before bed. It WILL pull any infection out and reduce swelling within days.

It works, much longer than pain killers without the side affects.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My broken tooth started hurting a week ago, it was pretty bad. I couldnt get an emergency appointment till today. I had some amoxycillin and used it, it cleared it up in two days. The pain was gone after three. The dentist was able to extract the tooth today. Had I gone there with the infection, it would have been a prescription for amoxycillin and "come back in 5 days". If this happens again I will go to the local GP (family doctor) and get a script.

So now I have a few missing teeth in one quarter of my mouth in particular. I have a few quiet months coming up, I have decided that I am going to try making home made dentures. I have been thinking of some ways. One would be with fine clay or procelain, moulded and fired and then ground to the a comfortable fit. Another would be a hard plastic that I can use a dremmel bit on and shape it in to my shape. I might use home made playdough to get a rough idea of the shape I need if I can stand the saltiness of it without throwing up. I might post pictures here and blog how it goes, nothing too icky. Any suggestions?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join