It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of Love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Whoever thought a four letter word could have such power. I wonder who the first person to utter the words "I love you" was and if they really knew what impact those three words would have on the future of the world. Think what love has done in history. In the Iliad and Odyssey love is the reason for a huge war, that's powerful (fictional story, but you get the point). Now I could ramble on about historical impacts love has had or I can get into the purpose of this post: my view point on love.

I feel that every person has a different insight on this topic and I'm pretty sure that no two are exactly alike. Now love is a two faced devil, great when you have it, the worst when you don't. Your life is based around love, even if you don't conciously realize it. The choices you make are based on love and the paths you follow -- if you follow love -- will change the outcome of your life. But few take the road less traveled, and most go towards love, and this makes me wonder, if two people who are in love get married, why is the divorce rate sky rocketing? I feel that in todays modern society love has been downgraded to a fad. People say I love you like it's a greeting, but this should not be. Love is an extroadinary thing, and less people feel true love than actually say they do. Under social and relationship pressures people may be forced into using those three big words before they mean them. And in those fun cases, just to get in someones pants (note: fun was a joke).

In my mind, I truly believe I have experienced love, and wow, it's breathetaking. It was that feeling the enveloped me and made me think that there could be no life without this person by my side. Every time I saw them, heard them, uttered their name I was happier. I felt butterflies in my stomach ever second I was around them and always wanted to hold them, and when we kissed, it was like the world stopped for us. This is a small taste of what love was to me. I wish I could explain the rest but it's one of those feelings that words have not been invented to describe.

But is true love a once and done? I don't think so. I believe when I was a teenager and felt love it was a teenage level. I'm not saying it wasn't true love, it was just true love at that level. There was still a lot more growing up to do for teenagers me and as we grow older our aspect on love changes and what true love is will too.

Many people mix up lust and love. Many people feel such an intense physical attraction to someone that it clouds them and they mistake it for love. This leads to heartbreak and disappointment. Love takes it to a higher level than the physical. It's that thing where being around them is enough for you, just as much as hooking up with them would be.

Now many people wonder how long it takes a person to fall in love. Do I believe in love at first sight? No, I don't, because, again, that's lust. Your initial visual attraction to someone is nothing more than lust, because truthfully, you can't love someone without knowing them well. You need to know as much as you can about the person before you can love them. If you don't, then you only love part of them, because you can't love what you don't know.

Also, love involves complete honesty. You can't love someone and lie to them, because if you loved them, your heart would not allow you to lie because all you care about (in theory) is them. You want them to be extremely happy and the simple fact that they are happy makes you happy. Write that down: the simple fact that they are happy makes you happy. Yes, that's the ticket. All you need is love! Is it true? Well, not completely.

Let's expand. If you love someone who doesn't love you, that sucks. So you need more. Mutual love, that's what you need. You need someone to love you as much as you love them. If you have that, life will work itself out around it. If you have each other then you have no where to fall to, you can only go up. So, with slight moderations, all you need is love.

But the problem is finding it. Where do you find love? It's in all the wrong places. Your love is behind you because your lusting for someone else. Yes this is true. You'll lust for one person and totally leave your true love (if given a chance) behind. This happens way too often. People rush into things and fall in love with people who really they only just lust towards. The person who they would truly love if with was forgotten about because something about this person made your initial attraction to them (lust) greater than that for the other person. Looks aren't everything my friends.

Now I'm not saying we should all rush out with ugly people cause they are where love is at. No no. Looks get people together. That's true. They are why you go talk to that girl at the bar or that guy by the pool. If they were ugly you would probably not go to them and start a conversation. Maybe you'll find your love here. I'm sure people do. But, lets not forget the reserve tank: your friends. Yes your friends. You've known them awhile and you've gotten close to them. Maybe their looks aren't that important because their personality is great, this is where true love is found. Personality. If you find the personality that clicks with your personality you'll find love. Looks don't equal love, again, for the 5000th time, that's lust. You can rant to me about no no I love this person and if your strongest point is his or her looks, you're lusting. Lust lust lust lust lust. You can say I love you to them a million times and think you're in love, but you're wrong. You don't feel what love is, unless it goes deeper than that. Lets recap. Love is complicated, yes; easiest way to put it.

I don't know how much of this made sense, but I believe it's a good philosophy. Go for love. Follow your heart. Life's short and you never know when the right one will slip passed you.

Thanks for your time
edit on 21-1-2014 by ExNihiloRed because: Typo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
S&F

Indeed, love can be easily mistaken for lust in our era. That's the most difficult part I guess - finding someone you truly love for what she is and not for what she projects physically. And sometimes we feel alone and get sucked in a love/hate relationship.

Something I would not recommend at all. From own experience, haha.

I'd also like to add something very important, which I didn't see in your original post:

If you truly want to love someone else, you've got to actually love yourself first. If you can't look at your own image and think something positive, no matter how hard you try, you'll never succeed in love. This is the key.

So many people will fail at love simply because of this subtle truth.

edit on 21-1-2014 by St0rD because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Great point about loving yourself first. Might be the most difficult part for some people.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

ExNihiloRed
Whoever thought a four letter word could have such power. I wonder who the first person to utter the words "I love you" was and if they really knew what impact those three words would have on the future of the world. Think what love has done in history. In the Iliad and Odyssey love is the reason for a huge war, that's powerful (fictional story, but you get the point). Now I could ramble on about historical impacts love has had or I can get into the purpose of this post: my view point on love.

I feel that every person has a different insight on this topic and I'm pretty sure that no two are exactly alike. Now love is a two faced devil, great when you have it, the worst when you don't. Your life is based around love, even if you don't conciously realize it. The choices you make are based on love and the paths you follow -- if you follow love -- will change the outcome of your life. But few take the road less traveled, and most go towards love, and this makes me wonder, if two people who are in love get married, why is the divorce rate sky rocketing? I feel that in todays modern society love has been downgraded to a fad. People say I love you like it's a greeting, but this should not be. Love is an extroadinary thing, and less people feel true love than actually say they do. Under social and relationship pressures people may be forced into using those three big words before they mean them. And in those fun cases, just to get in someones pants (note: fun was a joke).

In my mind, I truly believe I have experienced love, and wow, it's breathetaking. It was that feeling the enveloped me and made me think that there could be no life without this person by my side. Every time I saw them, heard them, uttered their name I was happier. I felt butterflies in my stomach ever second I was around them and always wanted to hold them, and when we kissed, it was like the world stopped for us. This is a small taste of what love was to me. I wish I could explain the rest but it's one of those feelings that words have not been invented to describe.

But is true love a once and done? I don't think so. I believe when I was a teenager and felt love it was a teenage level. I'm not saying it wasn't true love, it was just true love at that level. There was still a lot more growing up to do for teenagers me and as we grow older our aspect on love changes and what true love is will too.

Many people mix up lust and love. Many people feel such an intense physical attraction to someone that it clouds them and they mistake it for love. This leads to heartbreak and disappointment. Love takes it to a higher level than the physical. It's that thing where being around them is enough for you, just as much as hooking up with them would be.

Now many people wonder how long it takes a person to fall in love. Do I believe in love at first sight? No, I don't, because, again, that's lust. Your initial visual attraction to someone is nothing more than lust, because truthfully, you can't love someone without knowing them well. You need to know as much as you can about the person before you can love them. If you don't, then you only love part of them, because you can't love what you don't know.

Also, love involves complete honesty. You can't love someone and lie to them, because if you loved them, your heart would not allow you to lie because all you care about (in theory) is them. You want them to be extremely happy and the simple fact that they are happy makes you happy. Write that down: the simple fact that they are happy makes you happy. Yes, that's the ticket. All you need is love! Is it true? Well, not completely.

Let's expand. If you love someone who doesn't love you, that sucks. So you need more. Mutual love, that's what you need. You need someone to love you as much as you love them. If you have that, life will work itself out around it. If you have each other then you have no where to fall to, you can only go up. So, with slight moderations, all you need is love.

But the problem is finding it. Where do you find love? It's in all the wrong places. Your love is behind you because your lusting for someone else. Yes this is true. You'll lust for one person and totally leave your true love (if given a chance) behind. This happens way too often. People rush into things and fall in love with people who really they only just lust towards. The person who they would truly love if with was forgotten about because something about this person made your initial attraction to them (lust) greater than that for the other person. Looks aren't everything my friends.

Now I'm not saying we should all rush out with ugly people cause they are where love is at. No no. Looks get people together. That's true. They are why you go talk to that girl at the bar or that guy by the pool. If they were ugly you would probably not go to them and start a conversation. Maybe you'll find your love here. I'm sure people do. But, lets not forget the reserve tank: your friends. Yes your friends. You've known them awhile and you've gotten close to them. Maybe their looks aren't that important because their personality is great, this is where true love is found. Personality. If you find the personality that clicks with your personality you'll find love. Looks don't equal love, again, for the 5000th time, that's lust. You can rant to me about no no I love this person and if your strongest point is his or her looks, you're lusting. Lust lust lust lust lust. You can say I love you to them a million times and think you're in love, but you're wrong. You don't feel what love is, unless it goes deeper than that. Lets recap. Love is complicated, yes; easiest way to put it.

I don't know how much of this made sense, but I believe it's a good philosophy. Go for love. Follow your heart. Life's short and you never know when the right one will slip passed you.

Thanks for your time
edit on 21-1-2014 by ExNihiloRed because: Typo

Beautiful Post! I have been struggling with just such thoughts. Intensely.
I think people have forgotten the true meaning of love. Which is a selfless and sacrificing thing.
I also think people fear it. For whatever reasons they may have.

I wish we could all go through life with blinders on, and simply feel the vibrations of others. I am not speaking of sexual vibrations, but soul vibrations. They are oh, so very real.

Looks, beauty... we will all hopefully grow old enough that our body parts sag, and we no longer need mirrors.
But understanding, compatibility, selflessness, feelings that even though you could survive without someone, you can't imagine being able to do it.
Really seeing the sometimes ugliness and frightening aspects of another, and loving them, wanting them no less. Sticking with it through hell, not just heaven. Love. It is the only reason we exist.

Nothing else means anything. We all search for it, crave it, need it, and may look our whole lives and never find it. But it is the only thing we will take out of here when we go.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihiloRed

A wise post to be sure! Too many people only think they know what real love is. They will say "I love you, but I'm not in love with you anymore and break up. Like they expect to feel that all consuming passion forever. Real love reaches a point where you may not have that passion anymore but you have reached a more mature level where the love is true and lasting. Look at two elderly wrinkled hunched over people who still hold hands and laugh still after 50 years together. Now that is love. They love each other for who they are, not what they look like.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

Very insightful. I read something a long time ago that stated that this reality is just one lens of consciousness that our "souls" (for lack of a better word) choose for the purpose of finding unconditional love. It made a lot of sense to me then and still does to this day.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I completely agree. Love requires maturity and maturation. True love strengthens over time because it transcends materialism and selfishness and makes you the best version of yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Sex is an exquisite thing. But it is not everything.
It is one form of expressing the love we feel. As well, as I have been reminded, we are in essence animals ourselves, and our bodies desire sex. *Did that even come out right?* I will leave it to the knowing to decipher it.

But it is only one form of expressing that love. If there is nothing after the sex, the sex was a base animal reaction. Not a connection between the two souls.
In saying that, I can also say that we also desire to be as one with that one we love, and sex is an expression of that oneness, so it's a truly desirable thing.

And I think, after a certain time, knowledge, and experience, one realizes the difference between real love, and simply lust.
Certainly, we can lust after the one we think is our true love.

And where to find our love? Let me know what you find out!

But I think you will know it. Even if you allow your thinking brain and all of its worry, fear, doubt, and expectation to muddy the water.

And if it is true love, you wouldn't be lusting after anyone else.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

ExNihiloRed
reply to post by StarlightNine

Very insightful. I read something a long time ago that stated that this reality is just one lens of consciousness that our "souls" (for lack of a better word) choose for the purpose of finding unconditional love. It made a lot of sense to me then and still does to this day.

Yes! It is so true that you can actually feel the soul essence, the vibration of someone from far away. It is like a pulling, a drawing of your soul to theirs. You may not even know why! You may have just been going along with your life, and it hits you like a hammer.

And when we speak of beauty, and physical attractions... does anyone ever look at a couple and think, "Damn, why or how are they together?" You know? Not in a bad way. But you just don't get it.

But they do. And the truth of the matter is, you only need to be beautiful to the one who loves you. Certainly what one finds an attraction, another may find a repulsion. So it is not truly--and our souls know it--about the beauty.

Your soul is certainly trying to help you out. haha
But we most times, let the world and all its fears and distractions, and illusions... to blind us.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Love is two edged sword, it can make you feel wonderful one minute and terrible the next. For me it's mostly terrible. I don't blame people for wanting to find this elusive emotion in another person, but sometimes loving someone is like loving a blunt pencil, it's pointless and not reciprocated.

However having love for the universe around you is a great thing, the sunrise and sunset won't ever break your heart, the trees will never uproot and leave you for greener pastures, and the stars above will always be the the unconditional constant in your life.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie
Love is two edged sword, it can make you feel wonderful one minute and terrible the next. For me it's mostly terrible. I don't blame people for wanting to find this elusive emotion in another person, but sometimes loving someone is like loving a blunt pencil, it's pointless and not reciprocated.

However having love for the universe around you is a great thing, the sunrise and sunset won't ever break your heart, the trees will never uproot and leave you for greener pastures, and the stars above will always be the the unconditional constant in your life.

Yes, it is a double edged sword. :/

It can be sweet poison or bitter poison. So very bitter when your love is unrequited.

It makes one wonder about even trying at all. Why put oneself through such torture? The possibility, the one you truly love, cannot return the love. Or loving someone only to have them turn to another at some future point. Very real things to fear.

Yet it is this very fear that prevents us from opening our hearts to their true potential. To their fullest ability.

If love were so unimportant, why does every living soul spend their lifetimes looking for love, wanting love so badly they sometimes destroy themselves to find it? Or keep it.

As someone who has been quite alone for many years by choice, and having filed love away in the folder of 'possible future' I have spent a great deal of time trying to figure it out.
But I don't think one can truly figure it out. Because love doesn't follow logic. It doesn't adhere to rules or standards. There is no blueprint on where to find it, how it is going to look or anything of that nature.

At the end of the day though... at the end of the day, isn't it worth it? To struggle for it. To want it.
We all know that no money, no material thing, no place or beautiful sunset can ever fulfill us like love. It is why, for the most part that though it can be torturous, it can also be nirvana when we have it, and so our souls keep looking.

Love stinks! haha

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I wonder who the first person to utter the words "I love you" was and if they really knew what impact those three words would have on the future of the world. Think what love has done in history. In the Iliad and Odyssey love is the reason for a huge war, that's powerful (fictional story, but you get the point). Now I could ramble on about historical impacts love has had or I can get into the purpose of this post: my view point on love.

The face that launched a thousand ships is a myth. It was all because of money, wealth, and power, at the time troy was pretty much a power and trade center, they had things the certain Greeks wanted. So they devised a way to take it. What I am saying bro, love is a tool and anybody that believes that thousands and thousands of men went on a most certain to end in death mission all over some woman and her ex's is delusional and got sold a bunch of malarky. The Iliad isn't a romantic love story, its a war manual and propaganda piece. Besides with the spoils they got from the sack of troy suddenly all kinds of hot and beautiful women found them more interesting.

The choices you make are based on love and the paths you follow -- if you follow love -- will change the outcome of your life. But few take the road less traveled, and most go towards love, and this makes me wonder, if two people who are in love get married, why is the divorce rate sky rocketing?

You ask this, but then you answer your own question with the next sentence. And I quote...

I feel that in today's modern society love has been downgraded to a fad.

If it were a fad it would not be that bad. But its worse then that this whole love thing besides being a fad is also a finely tuned sales pitch. Its something to keep the hamsters running on the wheels ever reaching for that carrot. Like I said its worse then being a fad, and it gets worse then that.

The words have been invented to convey they felling you have been through.

But the real question is, will you be feeling the same way as time passes. In since I believe all is love, in a way everything is kind of like having a fetish, and believe me there are all kinds of people into all kinds of things. Of which, what you describe above would be one type of fetish one type of thing which people covet, in fact its not even the predominant thing. But ya, you could say that people like and love all kids of things in all kids of ways. Its nothing magical about it, and some people would love to hate that.

We shall see. But it best be said you shall see. There have been countless others who have been were your at and felt all you felt and more. And almost all have changed there minds eventually as things progressed and moved on.

To an extent it can be true...However you incorrect, love at least by my account love means both physically and mentally and you cant take one out of the other. If you feel one or another or have to choose then its likely that your just caught on one end of two equally different extremes. I mean if you feel one or another about somebody what would be the point? What I am saying is lust and love are just the same thing in different name. And again love can be many things, and there are many people out there who love lust. Its kind of pretty obvious.

There is no such thing as love at first sight. There is only infatuation at first sight, and again your confused. Your merely purposing one end of the spectrum like other would be purposing another end of the spectrum. Also love is not some magical thing and its not eternal. In fact its like everything else in this life, not much different then a plant actually. You water and nourish it...It will grow, you dont and it wont. But before you do all that you got to know what your growing and what you really want and the details of the plant in question. What you purpose is mere illusions, merely pictographs. And it is quite possible to grow something you eventually do not want to maintain and end up throwing it away. Love is not a magical thing, and it will not cure you or save you, its just something about you like an attachment that will grow on you or over you. And what that is generally depends on a person to person basis.

But in all everybody is sort of pre-set to feed that which they are most about. Or as the old tale goes..."There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate. Which one wins?... The one you feed the most"

Be careful what you feed bro, there are plenty of things in this world which can be deceiving and which will grow out of your nourishing it.

The only thing true in that whole thing is the not completely part you added at the end.

Again love is not a magical thing its just something or an attachment ascribed to people, most of which comes and goes as you grow into things or out of things. And yes its quite possible to grow out of love, just like its quite possible to grow into love. What you say above is quite nonsensical because you seem to ascribe this love thing into some sort of power out and above yourself and those you see around you. When in fact it is not.

But the problem is finding it. Where do you find love? It's in all the wrong places. Your love is behind you because your lusting for someone else. Yes this is true. You'll lust for one person and totally leave your true love (if given a chance) behind. This happens way too often. People rush into things and fall in love with people who really they only just lust towards.

First you go and say all is love. And then you go and contradict yourself with this. So if its all love then would not lust be love also?

The person who they would truly love if with was forgotten about because something about this person made your initial attraction to them (lust) greater than that for the other person. Looks aren't everything my friends.

There is no differentiating the two. Looks may not be everything for you, but for some that is what there whole world and love revolves around.

Personality. If you find the personality that clicks with your personality you'll find love. Looks don't equal love, again, for the 5000th time, that's lust. You can rant to me about no no I love this person and if your strongest point is his or her looks, you're lusting. Lust lust lust lust lust. You can say I love you to them a million times and think you're in love, but you're wrong. You don't feel what love is, unless it goes deeper than that. Lets recap. Love is complicated, yes; easiest way to put it.

Personality...Looks...Lust...Anything and everything they all eventually fade... So were does that leave this whole love thing when that happens?

What if such a thing as the right one slipping passed you does not exist and is an impossibility?

What if its all just something which comes and goes?

What if all just something that over time just fades away or moves on?

And what if love is just some thing we all made up to suit ourselfs and our whims and predispositions and inclinations?

What then?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Truly appreciate the in-depth response. When I have more time later tonight, I will dig into each of your points and respond appropriately.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I simply refuse to believe that so few have thoughts on the philosophy of love.
I expected to return and find a hundred new ideas to keep love afloat. Perhaps, people have grown tired of the whole idea of love.

Hmm.. no one to fight for it or against it.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've been in love with some strippers.

Like T Pain!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ribidus
I've been in love with some strippers.

Well... strippers need love too.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

[ sorry for the long response
]
Emotion, in general is a complex system. It's easy to recognize anger and sadness because they generally have a very profound effect on our physical reaction to the world around us. Anger, we can yell or scream and clench our fists. Sadness we can cry. While those two emotions can have a wide range of complexity most people don't wonder if they are really angry or really sad. Sometimes we experience multiple emotions at once and that can be confusing especially if they are intense enough to fully overwhelm us. Love, I feel, is the only emotion that we are constantly questioning. We have even defined different types of love and recognized different levels of it as well. The love we fell for our parents won't be the same we feel for a girlfriend or boyfriend. We haven't bothered to come up with another name for what we feel for our parents because it has a similar feel to what we have for a non-related person that may be in our life. Then we have the complexity of thinking we are in love with someone then running into someone else and suddenly realizing that we have a stronger feeling for them. While it could be lust, it also could be love. We have some people that believe that you can love more than one person at the same time and really, we can't say that's not possible because just because we've never been there. See, it's taken me a couple of sentences just to begin to scratch the surface of love.

Now, here is where I get all weird and metaphysical and stuff. There are experiments done that show that plants that are given attention and talked to and told it's beautiful and wonderful etc.. grow better than ones that are verbally abused. There was also an experiment with water (www.highexistence.com...) that labeled jars of water with things like love, hate, joy etc.. and then they were placed in a public area. Later they were examined and even tho they were all the same type of water, the molecular structure was shown to have changed.
I've often heard people talk about a "connection" with someone. Which usually refers to feeling as if you know that person even when you've never met before. What if it's about energy? We can measure brainwaves, know that there is electrical current running through us and can even measure low emf coming off our own bodies. There are certainly times when a phone rings and we know who it is even before we pick up or when a mother suddenly knows there is something wrong with one of their children. Although no real scientific proof exists of this type of connection, I feel there is enough anecdotal evidence to at least say it MIGHT exist. This brings me to talk about falling in love. Most people don't instantly love another person but that love grows over time. I feel that as two people get to know one another and spend more time together, each of their personal energies begin to entangle and connect. The stronger that connection grows the stronger our emotional reaction to them is.
Sometimes that connection won't go beyond a certain point but if it's the first connection that we've had, then it's going to feel better than anything we've ever experienced before. This is first love; the first time we've ever felt that connection. I think of it like a radio. If you've never heard sounds coming from a radio before, the first time you turn it on, it might only be at volume 1. You can hear something but because you've never heard it before, it sounds wonderful. Later, you tune it to volume 2 once you get used to 1 and realize that maybe there is something more. Because volume 2 is louder, you hear more and can get more out of the broadcast. I feel that each time you fall in love, you have an opportunity to turn the volume up until finally you are completely enveloped in a world of sound. There is no reason to go any further because you've just arrived at the perfect volume for your life. I've always felt that you never stop loving someone but you might find a love that is greater.

Being in love isn't being in a relationship. Lets say you meet someone and you feel that instant connection. (Volume 1) Then as you get to know them the volume get's more intense. (Volume 2-4) You've never felt this level of connection before and you realize that you're falling in love. Now you're in a relationship but stop working at it and become complacent simply expecting things to continue just the way they are. Over time you get used to this feeling and this level of love and eventually you can become numb with it. This is why, I feel, some people break up. The sound stops, they miss the music, and when they get back together, the sound of love seems sweeter because it wasn't there for a period of time. Then the cycle repeats. IF, however, the couple works at a relationship and learns to grow and live together, then they can collectively turn up the volume. (Volume 5+). As their lives continue, the entanglement of their energies continues and they are able to continue to fully experience the full range of love. Now some people may do this but I feel it's possible that at some point their energies may reach a point where they can't entangle any further because of compatibility issues. This means that the power of their love for each other isn't enough to turn the volume any higher. This could be why some people do everything right but at some point the relationship still fails.

To summarize.
Love is also a verb and not just a feeling. True progress towards a person you spend the rest of your life with is a process that takes time and effort. Who you are as a person reflects in your personal energy and will draw you to the love you seek if you are able to accept who you are and be yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Myth024

There are experiments done that show that plants that are given attention and talked to and told it's beautiful and wonderful etc.. grow better than ones that are verbally abused. There was also an experiment with water (www.highexistence.com...) that labeled jars of water with things like love, hate, joy etc.. and then they were placed in a public area. Later they were examined and even tho they were all the same type of water, the molecular structure was shown to have changed.

I've often heard people talk about a "connection" with someone. Which usually refers to feeling as if you know that person even when you've never met before. What if it's about energy?

To summarize.
Love is also a verb and not just a feeling. True progress towards a person you spend the rest of your life with is a process that takes time and effort. Who you are as a person reflects in your personal energy and will draw you to the love you seek if you are able to accept who you are and be yourself.

Yes, the Hidden Messages in Water, and the studies of thoughts we create, and what they do to us and others. I love Masaru Emoto's books and research.

And the connection with someone, even whom you have never met, is quite real.

Really like your last thought. Love, is also a verb. It truly is a verb.

Nice post.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

In my young tender age of 46 and single, I have been in love and understand the feelings and dimensions of energy that bounds you to that place, yet I have never exceeded a relationship longer than 3 years and currently in amazing shape and my friends tell me honestly I am quite a handsome fella. I am not wanting to make any mistakes and crash and burn like most do. I do believe the same thing that it technically 3 years to truly get to know a person to really hone in on who that person is and live with that person and all their faults. The faults is possibly why you fell in love as well, who knows.

Regardless......too much lust these days and not enough patience that hurts too many people, so clear to me. Just a little background I ran fitness clubs and was over managers, beautiful young women would throw themselves at me and I would switch with another trainer to avoid unprofessionalism.

But the reply that you must know and love yourself is absolutely true and that goes for the other person as well, it's a two way street.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm very skeptical of two unrelated adults with sexual attraction, being "in love" because I think about how recent and modern the romance thing is, when people before, got together out of politics, bloodlines, money, the parents picking the mate. I never met a man who was empathic /sympathetic, or very much so. I would have to be forced to be married to someone like that, as there would not be much love there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join