It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A DOD Manual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This manual is interesting DOD 5040.6 M-1.

Chapter 5. 21 "UFO AND OTHER AERIAL PHENOMENA IMAGERY" dated October 21, 2002.

www.dtic.mil...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

What pdf page is that?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

page 53

Ok, so for anyone not wanting to read it- basically its outlining what to do with images/videos of unknown air objects, whether it be a missile, airplane, etc etc. How to copy such images, who to send it to and when.
Also, it outlines what the procedure is when photos are presented- scan the 'negatives' (if any) and what type of film to scan them on.

Yeah. I was expecting something a little more exciting lol

Thanks for sharing though

edit on 08pm01uAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1990 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

They don't seem to be too concerned about the UFOs.

The parade imagery mentioned on pdf page 37 gets a higher priority than the UFO imagery on pdf page 53. It is interesting that they mention the UFOs at all though, after saying that they don't care about UFOs since project Blue Book closed.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I have reason to believe this manual is authentic.

MORE PAGES OF THIS DOCUMENT HERE

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
When they say UFO's they dont mean alien space craft. They mean tech that might be from other countries like spy planes or satellites , new missiles etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
When they say UFO's they dont mean alien space craft. They mean tech that might be from other countries like spy planes or satellites , new missiles etc.
The defintion they give is:

"imagery that records UFOs and other aerial phenomena not obviously identifiable as conventional aircraft or missiles".

What you describe seems to fit the "and other aerial phenomena not obviously identifiable as conventional aircraft or missiles", which leaves open what exactly they mean by UFOs.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If that manual if authentic then reading later pages in the manual it becomes clear the government doesn't know much more than the public on the nature or biology of the ET.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

ok. I don't know WHY you would believe it's genuine. You just say you do. I don't think it is, but, not because the government is hiding secrets about exoatmospheric life forms (they do exist) but because the government can't keep a secret no matter how hard it tries. the amount of time, money and indoctrination it would take to make a compartment like "MAJIC" completely secure is staggering. plus, there are some "clues" in the document itself that make it look iffy right away!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

ok. I don't know WHY you would believe it's genuine. You just say you do.
reply to post by tencap77

No, I'm not just saying I do. Here's the reason, I once worked for the GPO and an older PPO who has long passed away, called me over from my desk and showed me a document that was very similar. I'll never forget that day, which sparked my ongoing interest in UFO's, and abduction research for many years. (GPO-U.S. Gov. Printing Office, PPO- Printing Procurement Officer).

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've filed requests (FOIA) to the DOD and US NAVY, the FOIA office in the NAVY stated the documents come under ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence). All are pending at present.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Did you ever read the FEMA firefighter's manual on how to deal with UFO crashes? MUCH more entertaining.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Surprised that it mention UFOs at all it seems that all public government documents have the term UFO removed including AFI (Air Force Instruction) 10-206. I have been advised classified instructions and documents exist concerning this subject, but has yet I haven't managed to identify these documents, if they exist that is.

Ref: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well it is an unclassified public document, it is going to be in line with official statements, don't expect revelations
It is one document that escape the censor maybe?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The MAJIC manual is bogus, read HERE

top topics

join