It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster's are now sexy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
First of all this is not an origanl creation Georgre Noory from Coast to Coast am, first remarked about this phenomenon. And then after thhinking about it, I saw how true it is. That all the old school monsters, hollywood and the entertainment industry is now trying to turn them into sex symbols. Obviously you can start off talking about the vampire movement. Even though you could make a case that Dracula was always meant to be sexy in a way, as he would lure the women in to bite them. maybe. But I was out at the movie theater and a preview came out for a some new young vampire movie. and someone next to me said "arent they done with the whole vampire thing yet?"
Now lets talka bout werewolves,hence now enter The twilight movies, where you have the werewolves where they are standing around with their shirts off and ridiculously enough they dont have nay hiar on their chest. werewolves who wax?And now you have a new Frankenstien movie coming out where Frankenstein is supposed to be sexy. Has anybody else seen this trend or think that this trend is funny?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Yes I too have noticed the same. I have posted about this on another thread. Some luciferians or satanists, after reaching a certain level practice this vamperism. I think this is twisted. Just like a lot of things in the industry look at Miley Cirus. Kanye west. Rihanna and others. All trying to out do each other with obscene weird stuff. They are like vampires they don't suck your blood but your time and money.

edit on 21-1-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Has anybody else seen this trend or think that this trend is funny?

Yeah but they're really having a hard time with the zombies.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

IDK I heard that zombie love movie "Warm Bodies" made good revenue and also the "finding love during zombie apocalypse" genre like zombie land to name one off the top of my head but there are others I don't know the name of off the top of my head. Not to mention the angle taken in the video game genre regarding the falling in love during zombie outbreak. IDK Just throwing it out there that there is an attempt.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah I've noticed this. But there are quite a bit of movies and shows out there that are newer and don't follow those guidelines.

If you ask me, it's just to add more drama to it. And if you have 'sexy' characters in it, it may appeal to people a little more. I've seen all kinds of commercials that have good looking people in them to help sell their product more, and it doesn't seem very different in this case. And some of these movies, such as twilight, may be particularly targeted towards women. So it would come down to a specific target audience also.

But I will say I chuckle at people who claim this to be some kind of satanism take over. That would be pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

They're just trying to be edgy and pander to horny 16-40 year old women.

Twilight movies had the best idea. Spend the least amount of money you can on story and good actors and instead focus on sex appeal. So they did it this way:

Mopey Vampires with pale skin and fit bodies: Panders to those women/girls that like fit looking emo guys

Muscular werewolves that run around with shirts for no reason: Panders to women who like jock men that run around with shirts for no reason

Any monster movie can be made sexy. To me it just signals an underlying current of women who like men who are physically attractive but are emotionally broken, that somehow they fantasize about fixing. Of course in real life this just results in women having kids with assholes that are abusive and don't stick around.

Still makes a good buck though.

edit on 21-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: df

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Done it already.

People like monsters.

In a reality where the monsters are humans, It's nice to see some variety.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Interview With a Vampire was written in 1973 and is sort of the point where vampires turned from horrible killers into something more that included some sort of visceral appeal.

Teen films have always involved sex appeal to some level ..John Hughes did them one way in the 80s the current trend is to include something supernatural.

I don't see why or how this is any different then what holywood has been doing forever just with a different exterior.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Twilight is a story about a whiney girl trying to decide between necrophilia and beastiality. Why that's so interesting to the ladies is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

I know what you mean, it sounds ridiculous, I always thought it was. However, people who act this way do exist. That worship evil and root for it. That want power, fame and fortune, that make pacts with evil to get what they want. Don't act like they don't, they do exist. Look at all those "stars" (research why they are called stars).

Ignoring them doesn't mean they don't exist. As a matter of fact, I think they make so many movies about people trying to take over the world and TV shows and cartoons that if someone was to actually try (take over the world that is) we would scoff at the idea and say: "you watch too much TV!" No? Same thing with vampires and other creatures such as aliens. The image is played over and over and over, until you don't even turn your head anymore when someone looses his head or an eye in a movie. It becomes, accepted and mundane.

What I am trying to say is what satanist/luciferians practice is shown in movies (do as thou will, rituals, curses, blood, gore, violence, lying don't all romantic comedies start out that way?, be who you are not), but in a favorable light like this is normal. People are adoring and idolizing (key word here) this behavior. In great numbers. Falling in love with these characters. Powerful stuff no?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yeha I mean I am only thinking this because these monster's were supposed to be spooky and scary originally right? Its just a complete turn around now that something that was supposed to freak you out you now want to get your freak on with. (pardon the bad pun)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

wow you diagnosed the whole situation applause to you.

why didnt I think of that

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well it's like comparing Buffy to Bella, both have romances between human/vampire but while Buffy is headstrong and sticks up for herself, Bella is essentially in an abusive relationship with an emotionally #ed up man.

Either way, here is a funny youtube to watch kind of keeping that in mind, of how Twilight would have unfolded with a different main character:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I've been noticing it, too.

One of my favorite series is the Vampire Academy, and when I read it, I imagined the setting as almost like Harry Potter but with vampires.

I go out and see that they have a trailer for a VA movie, and I was beyond repulsed. They turned it into some poppy, clicky dreck that makes the characters spoiled one-sided brats. One of the main characters is a princess of sorts, and in my mind, she was a bit more refined than how she is about to be portrayed.

At least I'll be wringing my hands for Ant Man and Avengers 2.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I see all of that as very real, and part of a larger trend. Making monsters "sexy" is a part of it. The whole idea seems to be to make people accept non-human entities of various sorts as "better than human", with half-breeds (half_human, half-whatever) being "better" as well. Just look at how many movies have some non-human or half-human "hero" coming in to save the day. A count of films of that sort just over the last few years might surprise a lot of people! The big question is, what's the motive?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

bitsforbytes

I know what you mean, it sounds ridiculous, I always thought it was. However, people who act this way do exist. That worship evil and root for it. That want power, fame and fortune, that make pacts with evil to get what they want. Don't act like they don't, they do exist. Look at all those "stars" (research why they are called stars).

Ignoring them doesn't mean they don't exist. As a matter of fact, I think they make so many movies about people trying to take over the world and TV shows and cartoons that if someone was to actually try (take over the world that is) we would scoff at the idea and say: "you watch too much TV!" No? Same thing with vampires and other creatures such as aliens. The image is played over and over and over, until you don't even turn your head anymore when someone looses his head or an eye in a movie. It becomes, accepted and mundane.

What I am trying to say is what satanist/luciferians practice is shown in movies (do as thou will, rituals, curses, blood, gore, violence, lying don't all romantic comedies start out that way?, be who you are not), but in a favorable light like this is normal. People are adoring and idolizing (key word here) this behavior. In great numbers. Falling in love with these characters. Powerful stuff no?

I have yet to see a literal devil worshiper. And I have yet to see some person see one of these "satanist" movies and decide to become a devil worshiper, and sacrifice goats, and drawn pentagrams, or any other stereotypical devil worshiping thing. I rarely see any movie even do anything that people claim to be satanic. Unless it's violence. But that doesn't always need to be attributed with satanic practices.

Monsters and demons are two separate things. They're not always mutually exclusive. A monster doesn't always need or have some sort of spiritual/religious agenda. They're only there to be scary. And who's to say that a demon talked about in religion would even be some sort of ugly, disgusting looking creature in the first place? Nobody knows for sure what they would look like if they have a physical body, or if they even exist in the first place. It's all hearsay.

And I don't see why TPTB would try and push devil worshiping onto people, or carry it out themselves. What's the point of worshiping Satan? It's not going to magically make you more rich and powerful. It would be no different than praying to god to become rich and famous.

It's a little ironic that some people who are wealthy, and living prosperous lives thank god for 'blessing' them with their life style.

Yet, on the other hand, I see some people who are also rich and famous being called satanists because of their success and fame. You mostly see this in the music industry particularly.

Little bit of a double standard if you ask me.

Praising a supernatural entity isn't going to get you anywhere. And people shouldn't have to take a silly movie or a song so seriously. Nobody asked them to see or listen to it. And by the looks of it, it seems like this "satanist push" isn't very effective. I have yet to see anything like it just spring out of no where among the public.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

It is and in this case for example twilight with the vampire and werewolf, both targeted at younger girls, it's sort of twisted when you actually take it into perspective.

I mean if this is now what is sexy , how desensitized are we?

And it is interesting you mention this I might add, growing up I watched Charmed, was completely obsessed with it, and we see Pheobe I think was the character, and how she had a relationship with Balthazar, a demon.

It is shocking, but I don't believe its entirely new. Another I point you towards is Beauty & the beast.

Looking at my younger self I interpreted these as amazingly wonderful love stories that defy our shallow nature.

Basically at first glance this is appalling and concerning, but you can see it from the other perspective that it may show acceptance of another being. Who knows?

edit on 22-1-2014 by HerMisfits because: (no reason given)

top topics

join